Rule changes irk Spurrier and others | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rule changes irk Spurrier and others

F

finswin56

I read about these changes a week or so ago. I don't mind the clock running after the ball has been spotted by the ref, but running as soon as the ball has been kicked off is asinine.

wtf you cant run the clock when the ball is kicked off, thats just messed up.....I mean I guess it makes sense but come on thats been a rule since god knows when you dont just up and change it

Alex44 said:
wtf you cant run the clock when the ball is kicked off, thats just messed up.....I mean I guess it makes sense but come on thats been a rule since god knows when you dont just up and change it
I don't think it makes the least bit of sense. There are so many times when those few seconds can have a huge strategic impact. I just don't get this decision.

the kickoff rule is ridiculous. Joe paterno even said that if there are 8 seconds left in a game, the kicking team can kick it out of bounds or squib it and the game is over.

finswin56 said:
I don't think it makes the least bit of sense. There are so many times when those few seconds can have a huge strategic impact. I just don't get this decision.

Only reason it makes sense at all is that the ball is in play once its kicked.....I agree in a strategic way it makes no sense at all and is stupid

Back
Top Bottom