Rumor from inside sources around the fins complex | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumor from inside sources around the fins complex

i guess i would except him back but i really want a RB in the draft because its fun to watch a young back develop. Oh ya and Nick Saban told me that we are going to win the super bowl over a diner we had together here in waterloo.lol

Just playin around!

KB21 said:
Sports fans may not care, but the guys on the team will always have the thought of Ricky quitting again in the back of their minds, no matter how many long runs he breaks.

I look at this from a player's standpoint, because I was a player. He'd have to do a hell of a lot to earn my trust back, and even then, I would always wonder if he's going to up and quit again. You simply cannot rely on people who are as mentally unstable as this guy is.

Thank you Keith....from a ex-players standpoint, you feel the same way I do...as a former law enforcement officer would...either you have my back or you stuck something in it.....you wouldn't get a second chance. Bravo for you...Keith!

juniorseau55 said:
Don't worry about where I got it from but you will see things twisting in the next couple of weeks.

If Ricky reurns and signs an insentive laden contract, there is more than a 50% chance that he will quit the team again before he plays his first pre-season game. He does not have his heart or will, to play the game again, how quickly we forget that Ricky played for Ricky.

He will use that contract as the excuse to quit again or ask for a trade, saying the Fins FO were not fair.

Phinsfan1980 said:
Wow this thread should be retitled "Boomer vs. the World"
I agree with Boomer. I wouldn't mind seeing Ricky back. Sure, some people will always hate him no matter what, but yds and tds will change a few minds.

KB21 said:
Sports fans may not care, but the guys on the team will always have the thought of Ricky quitting again in the back of their minds, no matter how many long runs he breaks.

I look at this from a player's standpoint, because I was a player. He'd have to do a hell of a lot to earn my trust back, and even then, I would always wonder if he's going to up and quit again. You simply cannot rely on people who are as mentally unstable as this guy is.

Is that why Zach and Sam publically welcomed him back? Because they care?

Most of us have played team sports at one level or another, its not quite the same on the Professional level as it is in college or high school when it comes to what you refer too.

These players care about two things, Money and attention, if Ricky comes back and helps them win a Superbowl they will get plenty of both........and thats the bottomline.

miami_mi said:
As long as he isnt' the featured back and only used for depth, until he proves that he is able to help the team. The contract must be incentive laden and a one year contract. I go by the adage that you can't change a person.

agree with you 100%

Jnaledu3 said:
Who cares. He still left.

Ricky deserves another chance, he worked his tail off the two years that he was here.

You can moan about it all you want, but Im sure that youll be happy when he busts a 60 yarder for a TD. Im sure somewhere along the line in all youre years, someone gave you a second chance--why does Ricky deserve different?

So he smoked pot. So did the last two presidents, not to mentioned the current one who smoked crack and was an alcoholic. Doesnt make Ricky look so bad, does it??

And so did probably 75% of the fans that go to the games lol...

gofins said:
I agree with Boomer. I wouldn't mind seeing Ricky back. Sure, some people will always hate him no matter what, but yds and tds will change a few minds.

So did 30 pieces of silver.

T.R.U. FIN3 said:
So he smokes weed and knows all of the drug dealers? Get over it man, your 53. The man has some problems and needs help. Instead of shun him, why not embrace him. He just isn't a rational individual and it has been documented.

This is not a social anxioty (sp) issue, but even if it were, the problem is not whether you, I or anyone else on this board or in the stadium or watching on TV care one way or the other about RW...

The issues are:
1. Will his teammates acept him back ?? More than likely that answer is yes.
2. Can he convince Saban that he is serious and won't walk out again...My guess is that answer is yes or at least in progress.
3. Can the arbitrators ruling on money be worked out satisfactorily with both the Fins and RW. My guess is that Mr. H. has already answered that by letting Saban contact him.
3. Will the league let him back w/o serving any suspension and will RW accept the leagues' terms for reinstatement. My guess is the league part can be worked out...will RW accept the terms ?????? I don't know about that, as he stated last year that was the biggest issue he had.

If these are answered positively, he'll be back...whether any of us care one way or the other and then the only question is how long will he stay with us.
So, don't lose any sleep over whether he returns and enjoy his running the ball if he does, for however long it is that he is back....

Boomer said:
I won't be surprised to see him back and I'd welcome him - it's a business and he helps us win (and I'm not prepared to get into a pissing contest about the whys and wherefores of what he did), but any "Inside Info" especially from this regime has to be taken with, no offense Seau, WITH A MOUNTAIN OF SALT.

I agree, Boomer. I don't like the guy one bit (because of what he did), but I would absolutely welcome him back, because this is about results, not making friends.

Besides, I won't feel bad when the other team plants him into the ground (as long as he gets the first down). :)

BlueFin said:
No offense but...........I won't be banking anything significant on this team using the #2 on a runner, its far from a certainty.

I agree. I think that's a very stupid comment, especially considering the team's variety of needs and lack of 2nd round pick.

Back
Top Bottom