Rumor in Philly | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumor in Philly

Lee2000 said:
For any of you who remember the formula for draft pick value do the math on this one and determine if we get the value of the pick in all those Philly picks. I don't have the formula in front of me.

Lee2000

Our first is 2600

Their First is 600
Their 2nd is 555
Their 2nd 250
Their 3rd 184
Their 3rd 110
That equals 1699. We lose 900 value points going by the chart. And whatever idiot said they could get the #2 pick with their first and 2nd, that would be the stupidest trade in history, even dave wouldn't do that

IF TRUE, the target could also be one of the RBs.

I seriously doubt that Philly would be interested in moving so high. I seriously doubt that Miami would be interested in moving so low or getting only draft choices in this deal

morbio115 said:
That would be a great trade for miami

It would be tradinng down too far. but if ricky williams comes back then we have less to do with the #2 so it could be a good idea.

philly pick round 1 - saftey pool
round 2 pick 3 - DT Castillo - he is very underated. ex werstler which will help him take down the O-linemen. he is extremley strong and shows good pace. i think he will replace Timbo or chester at no 2 or be a role on role off player with chester. he will be able to replace carter once he has more experience and is reliable against the pass and run.
round 2 pick 31 - rb cedric fasion - great back up for ricky. will probibly start for the first 4 games while ricky is banned. he is very aggile and is a great reciever out of the back field. he will help AJ feeley alot.
round 3 pick 6 - qb adrian mcpherson. a good development project for saban. amazing arm power fastout the backfield powerful and good awareness. has shown alot of potential in arena football.
round 3 pick 13 - wr chris henry. the ability to be a 1st round player but seems to me very laid back andf imature. shove him in with the big boys of the nfl and he will soon growup and be a great WR. has speed agility and tactialy cleaver at his structure of 6'4.

round 3 pick 25 - CB darrent williams. what he lacks in hieght he deffinatly makes up in speed. is a good back up return man for welker. would be a good nickel back to match up against slot 3/4 WRs. if he bulks up then he would be a better #3 CB than howard
round 4. C Ben wilkerson. great center. under graded due to injury. if he hits the weights then he will be a good center challanging for the starting postition.
round 5 - johnathan welsh OLB. a speedy pass rushing OLB with the ability to break throught blocks unlike Derrick johnson.
round 7 Bryce benekos P. strong leg to hit up big punts, turk is aging and is an accurate punter. benekos can be our deep punter when we are stuck inside our 20. what do you think of that for a draft?

Finfan86 said:
Our first is 2600

Their First is 600
Their 2nd is 555
Their 2nd 250
Their 3rd 184
Their 3rd 110
That equals 1699. We lose 900 value points going by the chart. And whatever idiot said they could get the #2 pick with their first and 2nd, that would be the stupidest trade in history, even dave wouldn't do that

you forgot to add in the 2nd from next years draft

on a positive point it would alow Saban the advantage to pick players he knows about that didn't quite get a high grade but are great value

MelbournePhin said:
you forgot to add in the 2nd from next years draft

i didnt see that, either way that pick aint worth 900 cuz 900 is a mid to late first rounder. And picks for next yeras are usually valued at the round below

Finfan86 said:
i didnt see that, either way that pick aint worth 900 cuz 900 is a mid to late first rounder. And picks for next yeras are usually valued at the round below

good point. what the hey, its just a rumour

That would be sweeeeet if that trade does happen. But i doubt that the Eagles would want to give up that many picks, for a player that they dont really need.

MelbournePhin said:
good point. what the hey, its just a rumour
yuh, i mean you could argue either side, it could fill alot of holes but u won't get that one bonafide superstar. And we basically get to pick out of anyplayer in the draft. Instead of where phillys at where you get everyones leftovers

Has anyone thought about involving PatricK Surtain in this trade? We could send him to Philly for a 2nd (Formerly OURS (35th)) Better value than KC's 46th, and makes Philly a LOT stronger on D. THEN work the trade for our #2 overall. Their 1st, 2nd, 3rd whatever, the value chart equates to. Philly get two impact players to get them over the hump & we get losts of picks.

Finfan86 said:
yuh, i mean you could argue either side, it could fill alot of holes but u won't get that one bonafide superstar. And we basically get to pick out of anyplayer in the draft. Instead of where phillys at where you get everyones leftovers

i think i would do it. we could get a solid rb with philys late #1 and we could get some solid guys with our old #2 and phillys #2.

HysterikiLL said:
That sounds too good to be true. In my mind, why not do it with San Fran? They're still open to offers and that's an amazing offer. A whole bunch of picks but I just don't see why they'd do that.
Actually that is an absolute horrible trade for us. Move form the top of the first to almost out of the first round. NO way. Horrible idea.

Lee2000 said:
I can not recall where I first heard this, but the Philly rumor was the most intriguing rumor out there I have heard for trades in the draft. It would involve Philly trading their 1st, two 2nds, and two 3rds this year, plus a 2nd next year, to move to our 2nd spot. I actually asked Jason Cole if he would do that trade and he said he would without hesitation. However, he added that Philly does not do business in that manner and he didn't believe the rumor. Well, here is wishful thinking. I would do that trade in a heartbeat. That would be a major trade for Miami and they could address multiple areas of need. Do I believe such a trade would occur. No. But wasn't it interesting that TO recently postured for more money. Could that stir Philly to move up and get a Braylon Edwards or Mike Williams? You never know.

Lee2000

Wake up, you're in a great dream. :D

I would think if this was real and not someones fantasy that Philly would try to broker something with the 49ers before approaching the Phins. Why package all of this for the 2nd when you might get the 1st since the 49ers have lots of holes to fill also.

Lee2000 said:
I can not recall where I first heard this, but the Philly rumor was the most intriguing rumor out there I have heard for trades in the draft. It would involve Philly trading their 1st, two 2nds, and two 3rds this year, plus a 2nd next year, to move to our 2nd spot. I actually asked Jason Cole if he would do that trade and he said he would without hesitation. However, he added that Philly does not do business in that manner and he didn't believe the rumor. Well, here is wishful thinking. I would do that trade in a heartbeat. That would be a major trade for Miami and they could address multiple areas of need. Do I believe such a trade would occur. No. But wasn't it interesting that TO recently postured for more money. Could that stir Philly to move up and get a Braylon Edwards or Mike Williams? You never know.

Lee2000
Never gonna happen.

Back
Top Bottom