Rumor in Philly | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumor in Philly

If this trade went down, which I don't see happending. How would Saban pay for all this, being only 1.1 mill under the cap? That would take some still to sign all those picks with that money. Surtain has not been traded yet so can even add his cap # to that.

I'd do that deal but I doubt it's true. The Eagles are smart when it comes to draft picks. Thats why they have so many. I just can't imagine them doing that trade when there is not anyone worth giving that much up for in this draft.

not going to happen. the only way philly will trade with us is if they trade for our 1st pick (2nd overall) for their 1st and 2nd (which would be their 2nd not the one we gave them for the feeley trade) then we would also have to, probably give surtain in the mix. Im thanking the man upstairs that wanny is no longer here to call the shots because he would be falling all over this scenario.

Our #2 AND Surtain for their 1st and 2nd????????? You are on crack if you think that is anywhere near a fair deal.
The deal that was in the original post isn't even fair value according to the draft chart.

Another factor:

The Eagles are rumored to be talking with Baltimore regarding a trade of Corey Simon to Baltimore for draft picks. This would possibly give them even more fire power to do a trade.

Being from the Philly area, I know the team quite well. They need to get a durable running back. Westbrook is great but he can't carry the load. They need another decent wide receiver and this was before TO hired the worst agent and began to show why SF got rid of him.

So my view is that they might do something like this. During the Reid regime the Eagles haven't been shy about moving up when they taarget somebody. They did it with McDouagle a few years ago.

Perfect72 said:
Has anyone thought about involving PatricK Surtain in this trade? We could send him to Philly for a 2nd (Formerly OURS (35th)) Better value than KC's 46th, and makes Philly a LOT stronger on D. THEN work the trade for our #2 overall. Their 1st, 2nd, 3rd whatever, the value chart equates to. Philly get two impact players to get them over the hump & we get losts of picks.

um....why the heck would they wanna do that when they already have a dominant secondary? Their CBs are Sheldon Brown and Lito Sheppard, thats a pretty solid tandem right there.

In a heart beat. I wouldn't mind at all trading out of the 1st round. It does bring value in a draft that's heavy in players in the 2 through 4 rounds and adds an additional pick next season. It would also allow for trading back into the 1st round if Saban fell in love with a certain player...not likely though.

Will it happen...nope....but once again it's fun to speculate.

<trying to block out all the options to getting a second-round draft pick> Think of a year or two when the Miami Dolphins will be the team with 987234342 draft picks from teams begging for our phenom players quality-picked from modest rounds.

Ah, a Booftard can dream, can't he?

You've got to be F'ing kidding me if you think this trade is even CLOSE to being a good one with the fins. The saints gave up an ENTIRE draft just to bump up to get Ricky. What the he!! makes you think the Eagles have enough firepower to jump up and nab the 2nd. They have LOW picks. Which means that first is a 2nd, our 2nd is a 2nd, and their 2nd is in essence a third. Now, add on the pick from next year which will in all likelyhood be very low again, and you just gave up the #2 pick in the draft for 2 2nd's, 2 3rds, and a boat load of other low picks.

that is NOT a value. Anyone who believes this is a good value needs to get their head checked.

thats sounds a little to good to be true, I dont know about that trade. But whats so special about the number 2 pick; if they wanted to trade why not go after the 1st pick with all that. The day philli make that trade is the day the whole staff gets fired!!

Finfan86 said:
yuh, i mean you could argue either side, it could fill alot of holes but u won't get that one bonafide superstar. And we basically get to pick out of anyplayer in the draft. Instead of where phillys at where you get everyones leftovers

Patrick Surtain-2nd round pick-superstar
Sam Madison-2nd round pick-superstar
Jason Taylor-3rd round pick-superstar
Zach Thomas-5th round pick-superstar

These are just players on our team...Tom Brady-6th round pick...superstar. Terrell Owens-3rd round pick...you get the idea.

I agree with most of you. Great for Miami, but that's why Philly won't do it. No one's that stupid. Too good to be true, unless Spielman and Wannstedt are now working for Philly.

And let's face it. This is not a great year to have had a crappy season. There are plenty of solid players throughout the draft, but no superstar that comes along once in a blue moon that people want to trade up for. I'm not knocking the players at the top, it's just that this is not a season where there is a superstar. If you don't believe me, check the other forums where we have debated to death who should be picked with our high choice. There's so much debate because there are many very good players near the top, but no definite superstar.

The good news is Saban will make a good choice with the pick, and if he trades it, it will only be for the right value.

Back
Top Bottom