Rumor in Philly | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumor in Philly

LithoMan said:
Put the 40 oz. down. No superstar? Braylon, Caddy, Alex Barron, Mike Williams, Mark Clayton, Charlie Frye. All these guys will be immediate impact players on their teams. I guess I should ask, what is your definition of a superstar?

Peyton Manning. And it's a quart, not a 40, I need to go to work soon. There's no once in a long time player is what I'm saying. You'll always see a couple great RB's at the top. You telling me Aaron and Alex Smith(although I'd like to have him on the fins) are the next great QB's? I just don't think they're that great. There seems to be enough players at about the same level this year that nobody is desperate to trade up to #2 to get one particular guy. If they want Caddy or Ronnie they can afford to wait a few spots to get one or the other, or another of the group of very good RB's. If they want A WR, they can wait a few spots because Edwards or Williams would do any team fine. They can't all go in the top 2 picks can they? And no one of them is soooo far above the others that a team will trade way up to #2 for him. That's what I'm saying. Now, pick up your 40 and think.:shakeno:

dolfan87 said:
Patrick Surtain-2nd round pick-superstar
Sam Madison-2nd round pick-superstar
Jason Taylor-3rd round pick-superstar
Zach Thomas-5th round pick-superstar

These are just players on our team...Tom Brady-6th round pick...superstar. Terrell Owens-3rd round pick...you get the idea.

Ok so for all the good players we got in the 2nd or 3rd round what about all the busts also. a #2 pick is more likely to be great then some 2nd and 3rd roudners

Thats all bogus dolphan north. the top 3 RB's are very different, all the top 3 WR are different. Not all GM's think alike. They all have their ideals on what a great RB or WR should look like. There will be movement, Caddy is WAY different style of RB then Cedric. Not that is all bad, but different. Lovie likes Cedric, the tough power runner that will squeeze out the extra 2 yards on a play, but some GM's love Caddy, because of his versatility and his ability to make the big play every time he touches the ball. Different styles.

As for the QB's, you are right. I agree a whole 100%, Smith and Rodgers are both junk. I wouldnt even look at them in the first two rounds. The only guy I would even consider on my first round for a QB is Charlie Frye. Some GM's will think the same, others will grab Smith and Rodgers. Different philosophies. So, once again, there will be movement, but because all the QB's in the draft round 1 look somewhat the same, but have different characteristics. They all can scramble, throw on the run, but some are more elusive, maybe hesitate to make the big play, others have the ideal mechanics, but never make the big play. Brains, mechanics, and athletic ability are the three differences in the top 3 QB's. IMO.

But, the one thing, a guy chosen at 31st, wont be as good as the guy taken at #2. Alex Barron will be the next Pace. Braylon can be the next Andre Johnson, is he worthy? Caddy could be the next Barry, is he worthy? I sure think they are, but everyone has their own opinions. I would call all these guys potential superstars. And, that is what you wanted.

Instead of getting ripped off a 17th or 18th overall pick in the process of a hugely lopsided trade with Philly, in THEIR favor.

LithoMan said:
Thats all bogus dolphan north. the top 3 RB's are very different, all the top 3 WR are different. Not all GM's think alike. They all have their ideals on what a great RB or WR should look like. There will be movement, Caddy is WAY different style of RB then Cedric. Not that is all bad, but different. Lovie likes Cedric, the tough power runner that will squeeze out the extra 2 yards on a play, but some GM's love Caddy, because of his versatility and his ability to make the big play every time he touches the ball. Different styles.

As for the QB's, you are right. I agree a whole 100%, Smith and Rodgers are both junk. I wouldnt even look at them in the first two rounds. The only guy I would even consider on my first round for a QB is Charlie Frye. Some GM's will think the same, others will grab Smith and Rodgers. Different philosophies. So, once again, there will be movement, but because all the QB's in the draft round 1 look somewhat the same, but have different characteristics. They all can scramble, throw on the run, but some are more elusive, maybe hesitate to make the big play, others have the ideal mechanics, but never make the big play. Brains, mechanics, and athletic ability are the three differences in the top 3 QB's. IMO.

But, the one thing, a guy chosen at 31st, wont be as good as the guy taken at #2. Alex Barron will be the next Pace. Braylon can be the next Andre Johnson, is he worthy? Caddy could be the next Barry, is he worthy? I sure think they are, but everyone has their own opinions. I would call all these guys potential superstars. And, that is what you wanted.

Instead of getting ripped off a 17th or 18th overall pick in the process of a hugely lopsided trade with Philly, in THEIR favor.

I agree that all those players have different characteristics, but many are equally good. Is there 1 player this year that everyone is talking about, wishing they could move up to pick? No. Instead, there are a handful of very good players.

Not to be picky, but you cannot be sure by the way that a higher pick (Leaf) will be better than a lower one (Bradey, Zach Thomas). But often of course it is true. Again, good front office decisions and evaluations of players uncover the gems. I think we both know you meant usually, but not always, so I will not dwell.

The thing is, Saban might believe he can coach football quite well, and many of us agree. So he can take a group of lower picked players and cover their minor flaws that make them fall lower in the draft, and end up with more valuable players to his team. He could fill more of our needs more quickly. Other coaches need almost perfect players to suceed (Wanny).

Anyway, I hope you are right and that someone will trade up for what they think is their guy.

By the way, check the news wire on the home page. Article entitled "Saban: Second pick doesn't guarantee success". At least coach agrees with me about this year's draft. I wonder if he knows a bit more about football than you?:rolleyes:
I finished the quart and I'm home from work. Now where's that 40?

No, some coaches have warm fuzzies, but it's usually gas. So, they may like a guy in the second or third round, but they wont pass on the sure thing if given the chance. They just think they know more about football then me, thats all. ROFLMAO!

morbio115 said:
That would be a great trade for miami

Why. It would provide Miami with the opportunity to draft a bunch of potential average NFL players, but no impact players. The Dolphins have needs, but they don't have to rebuild the entire team.
This team is not as bad as people think it is.

GET OUTTA HERE! Nobody will make a trade like that. That's giving away their entire draft. And Nobody mention New Orleans..Cause as much as it is true, NOBODY will ever do that again.

Lee2000 said:
I can not recall where I first heard this, but the Philly rumor was the most intriguing rumor out there I have heard for trades in the draft. It would involve Philly trading their 1st, two 2nds, and two 3rds this year, plus a 2nd next year, to move to our 2nd spot. I actually asked Jason Cole if he would do that trade and he said he would without hesitation. However, he added that Philly does not do business in that manner and he didn't believe the rumor. Well, here is wishful thinking. I would do that trade in a heartbeat. That would be a major trade for Miami and they could address multiple areas of need. Do I believe such a trade would occur. No. But wasn't it interesting that TO recently postured for more money. Could that stir Philly to move up and get a Braylon Edwards or Mike Williams? You never know.

Lee2000

I would do it in a heart beat !!

Back
Top Bottom