Rumor in Philly | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumor in Philly

Lee2000

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
I can not recall where I first heard this, but the Philly rumor was the most intriguing rumor out there I have heard for trades in the draft. It would involve Philly trading their 1st, two 2nds, and two 3rds this year, plus a 2nd next year, to move to our 2nd spot. I actually asked Jason Cole if he would do that trade and he said he would without hesitation. However, he added that Philly does not do business in that manner and he didn't believe the rumor. Well, here is wishful thinking. I would do that trade in a heartbeat. That would be a major trade for Miami and they could address multiple areas of need. Do I believe such a trade would occur. No. But wasn't it interesting that TO recently postured for more money. Could that stir Philly to move up and get a Braylon Edwards or Mike Williams? You never know.

Lee2000

Robert Hoffman,
Writer
FinHeaven

2004 offseason...the worst in professional sports history.

not so... :shakeno: finally.... there is hope ! ;)

why would philly give up that much?

For any of you who remember the formula for draft pick value do the math on this one and determine if we get the value of the pick in all those Philly picks. I don't have the formula in front of me.

Lee2000

one of those 2nd's is what was suppose to be ours. they would be giving us back what we already had and their thinking on that alone would be for Feeley who they dont give a rats tooty about.

That sounds too good to be true. In my mind, why not do it with San Fran? They're still open to offers and that's an amazing offer. A whole bunch of picks but I just don't see why they'd do that.

Basically that trades us out of the 1st round. Not sure I'm thrilled with the prospect. I would prefer to trade a hand-full of spots down and still grab one of the impact players in the draft.

No, it doesn't make sense

NO, it doesn't make sense. Jason Cole had the same response. And I generally believe such. But my purpose here is to get response from you as to wether you would do it (if you were the gm). I would be inclined to do so. I could do a lot with those picks. RB, QB, OL, and any defensive position. No, it doesn't make sense for philly to do that. But would you do it?

Lee2000

It would remove us from the lst round

That would be the first immediate negative response I have received and I agree. That would be a consideration. You could trade down with someone in the top 15 and still get a couple of later rd picks. Something to consider.

Lee2000

PHilly needs a workhorse runningback, the have Westbrook yes but he is more all around and not that great of a runner, and Dorsey Levens is old now, Correll Buckhalter is about as smart as a block of wood, they need a good RB to support there already phenominal Passing game, they were ranked 27th i believe in rushing yards and around 30th in attempts

Lee2000 said:
I can not recall where I first heard this, but the Philly rumor was the most intriguing rumor out there I have heard for trades in the draft. It would involve Philly trading their 1st, two 2nds, and two 3rds this year, plus a 2nd next year, to move to our 2nd spot. I actually asked Jason Cole if he would do that trade and he said he would without hesitation. However, he added that Philly does not do business in that manner and he didn't believe the rumor. Well, here is wishful thinking. I would do that trade in a heartbeat. That would be a major trade for Miami and they could address multiple areas of need. Do I believe such a trade would occur. No. But wasn't it interesting that TO recently postured for more money. Could that stir Philly to move up and get a Braylon Edwards or Mike Williams? You never know.

Lee2000

1) Philly needs a RB not a WR

2) Philly would NEVER give up that much. Christ, they could package their 1st with just ONE of those picks to get our #2 slot.

hello

hi everyone this is my first time here. god i love the dolphins! ive loved them since the days of offerdahl and cox and the whole pound machine. oh well yes this would be a franchise makin deal. i would be soooo surprised to see Andy Reid fall for it, but it would be great. well thanks for reading

I might not like it, but Saban said he wants to load up on picks. So I wouldnt be surprised if we do this trade.

Back
Top Bottom