Rumor Mill (Sportsline) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumor Mill (Sportsline)

You mean Gruden isn't sold on Griese or Simms? That's a shocker. :D

Joey 22 said:
No it was Kiffin and the good drafting in previos years what made them champions. Gruden is overrated IMO.

I don't like Gruden either. but the fact is they had the same basic team they had with dungy and didn't go any place. Grudens help with offense and yes kiffens defense is what took them to the SB.

one question here why would tampa sign greise to a big dollar contract and then draft a qb ? they need a rb dont they?

i don't think TB is interesting in taking a QB at all. I think they may be interested in trading up in order to pick up one of the big two WR's, but they are afraid to say that b/c they believe we may interested in them. So, they tell us they are trading up to get a QB we don't care about.

Joey 22 said:
No they didnt, Hawthorne smoked pot like a week before the combine and will still be a marvelous pick up in the 4th, ala Will Poole, and Yes the Bucs are aiming at Williams, not Smith, same as the Bears, they are aiming at Williams, not Benson.

OK, how stupid is that? Smoking pot a week before the combine when you know you will be tested, and millions of dollars riding on the outcome of that test. The actual use of marijuana doesnt bother me, but the lack of a brain does.

Phinsfan1980 said:
They gave up a ton of picks for a ****ing coach. The Bucs are not smart.

and that investment got them a Superbowl victory. THAT's not so dumb. :wink:

DolphanD said:
I think Gruden wanting to trade up for Alex Smith is BS. I think he's targeting Mike Williams.

And I think Griese's contract has it where they could release him after any season and not take a big hit. So Alex could learn behind Brian and Simms. But the whole TB wanting Alex Smith doesn't make sense to me since TB runs the WC offense and Rodgers is the QB for that. I think they ultimately have M.Williams #1 on their board and would select him #2 overall.
If the Bucs want to make a trade, I really don't care who it's for (with the exception of Ronnie Brown). If they want to move up to #2 to grab M. Williams, great. Then I see Cleveland taking Smith and Chicago taking Benson. Then we can still grab R. Brown at #5.

yankeehillbilly said:
OK, how stupid is that? Smoking pot a week before the combine when you know you will be tested, and millions of dollars riding on the outcome of that test. The actual use of marijuana doesnt bother me, but the lack of a brain does.

:roflmao:....So true....anyone that stupid does'nt deserve to be signed as an undrafted free agent.

If you were a good coach, you would not rest on Brian Griese and Chris Simms. You people are whacked.

Phinsfan1980 said:
They gave up a ton of picks for a ****ing coach. The Bucs are not smart.

well if we had needed that f****ing coach to get Dan a ring wouldn't you be happy give up all those picks?

finsrule84 said:
well if we had needed that f****ing coach to get Dan a ring wouldn't you be happy give up all those picks?

The coach wasnt the problem when Marino played :wink:

cnc66 said:
and that investment got them a Superbowl victory. THAT's not so dumb. :wink:

With Dungy's players though not his own.His players lost to the Bucs ironically...

Back
Top Bottom