Rumor Mill (Sportsline) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumor Mill (Sportsline)

fintimtc said:
With Dungy's players though not his own.His players lost to the Bucs ironically...

that just proves what coaching can do.

DolphanD said:
I think Gruden wanting to trade up for Alex Smith is BS. I think he's targeting Mike Williams.

And I think Griese's contract has it where they could release him after any season and not take a big hit. So Alex could learn behind Brian and Simms. But the whole TB wanting Alex Smith doesn't make sense to me since TB runs the WC offense and Rodgers is the QB for that. I think they ultimately have M.Williams #1 on their board and would select him #2 overall.

If not Mike Williams Braylon Edwards i dont buy that as well.

jnewmant said:
well the big argument that everyone has had for Smith is that he ran a pro style attack in college, and since he's a very mobile type QB i don't think he'd have a problem adapting to a west coast style offense

pro style? no. watch a few highlight clips on him. you'll see what i mean.

Joey 22 said:
No it was Kiffin and the good drafting in previos years what made them champions. Gruden is overrated IMO.

gruden did what tony dungy couldn't in so many previous years.

he's got some strange ideas though...

PhinDude88 said:
I dont understand the Bucs, they have Greise and they have Simms at QB. Why would they want to trade up and give away picks for another QB?

griese is too old to last through the rebuilding of the bucs and really isn't that good. last year he seemed good because he was so much better than his crappy years in denver and miami. as for simms, they've given him a go and from what i've seen he could grow into an ok qb with some time but he's not the franchise qb the bucs are looking for. smith would suit the bucs IMO.

smith is exactly the qb Gruden likes... Smart, accurate, and mobile. Look at Rich Gannon during his time with the Raiders. Smith would excel in Gruden's offense.

Thats not to say he will actually trade for him, but it could work

Champ said:
Miami DolphinsUpdated:04/15/2005There's a report that the Bucs are interested in a quarterback, believe it or not, and that they are willing to trade with Miami for the No. 2 overall pick. However, it's hard to believe that the Bucs would draft a quarterback that high with several paid quarterbacks already on the roster.

I dont know if this has been posted, I am too lazy to scroll back that far.....:roflmao: :sleep:

This tampa rumor looks like a smoke screen about A Smith. I think tampa is really interested in B edwards. But john doesn't want to tip his hand. Now i think minny is getting wise to this and that is why they have contacted the 9ers about moving up and not so much us. things that make you go hhhmmm.

phinpunk14 said:
i don't think TB is interesting in taking a QB at all. I think they may be interested in trading up in order to pick up one of the big two WR's, but they are afraid to say that b/c they believe we may interested in them. So, they tell us they are trading up to get a QB we don't care about.

Pardon me?

I agree that TB may not be interested in taking a QB and that they are using the QB as a bluff. It may be true that TB is looking to move to take Edwards but there is a possibility (albeit small) that they could still get Edwards with the 5th pick and not have to trade all their first day picks to move up three spots.

Here's the part of your post that got me
but they are afraid to say that b/c they believe we may interested in them. So, they tell us they are trading up to get a QB we don't care about.

We have show little if any interest in taking a WR, though I think everyone agrees that Edwards is the BPA in this entire draft. To say that Saban does not care about a QB is not a well-informed opinion as far as I'm concerned. Saban has heavily scouted Smith (the QB that TB is allegedly coveting). If Saban is not interested in Smith, he certainly has spent a lot of time bluffing that he is. I don't see that as being the case. I believe that Saban is truly interested in Smith and, if we are not able to trade down, Smith will be our pick with the 2nd overall.

Joey 22 said:
No it was Kiffin and the good drafting in previos years what made them champions. Gruden is overrated IMO.

That talent only took them so far, it was Gruden coaching the offense that gave them the little extra enough to make a good team a SB winning team. He's just not a very good GM>

Back
Top Bottom