Rumor Mill (Sportsline) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumor Mill (Sportsline)

Champ

The Champ
Reaction score
Miami DolphinsUpdated:04/15/2005There's a report that the Bucs are interested in a quarterback, believe it or not, and that they are willing to trade with Miami for the No. 2 overall pick. However, it's hard to believe that the Bucs would draft a quarterback that high with several paid quarterbacks already on the roster.

I dont know if this has been posted, I am too lazy to scroll back that far.....:roflmao: :sleep:

Champ said:
Miami DolphinsUpdated:04/15/2005There's a report that the Bucs are interested in a quarterback, believe it or not, and that they are willing to trade with Miami for the No. 2 overall pick. However, it's hard to believe that the Bucs would draft a quarterback that high with several paid quarterbacks already on the roster.

I dont know if this has been posted, I am too lazy to scroll back that far.....:roflmao: :sleep:

IT HAS BEEN POSTED, BUT YOU MAKE A VALID POINT. I DON'T SEE WHY THEY WANT ANOTHER QB.....I AM NOT SURE OF SALARY CAP RAMIFACATIONS IF THEY CUT ONE OF THEM....BUT WE WILL SOON FIND OUT

I dont understand the Bucs, they have Greise and they have Simms at QB. Why would they want to trade up and give away picks for another QB?

I think Gruden wanting to trade up for Alex Smith is BS. I think he's targeting Mike Williams.

And I think Griese's contract has it where they could release him after any season and not take a big hit. So Alex could learn behind Brian and Simms. But the whole TB wanting Alex Smith doesn't make sense to me since TB runs the WC offense and Rodgers is the QB for that. I think they ultimately have M.Williams #1 on their board and would select him #2 overall.

DolphanD said:
I think Gruden wanting to trade up for Alex Smith is BS. I think he's targeting Mike Williams.

And I think Griese's contract has it where they could release him after any season and not take a big hit. So Alex could learn behind Brian and Simms. But the whole TB wanting Alex Smith doesn't make sense to me since TB runs the WC offense and Rodgers is the QB for that. I think they ultimately have M.Williams #1 on their board and would select him #2 overall.
well the big argument that everyone has had for Smith is that he ran a pro style attack in college, and since he's a very mobile type QB i don't think he'd have a problem adapting to a west coast style offense

PhinDude88 said:
I dont understand the Bucs, they have Greise and they have Simms at QB. Why would they want to trade up and give away picks for another QB?

Who cares if anybody understands it....i'd ask for chris simms a 1st and 2nd round pick then we'd be good to go

Phinsfan1980 said:
They gave up a ton of picks for a ****ing coach. The Bucs are not smart.

how can you still want Anntaj Hawthorne???? didnt he not just fail a steroid or drug test

bigmiamifan said:
Didn't they cut Simms?

No they didnt, Hawthorne smoked pot like a week before the combine and will still be a marvelous pick up in the 4th, ala Will Poole, and Yes the Bucs are aiming at Williams, not Smith, same as the Bears, they are aiming at Williams, not Benson.

jnewmant said:
well the big argument that everyone has had for Smith is that he ran a pro style attack in college, and since he's a very mobile type QB i don't think he'd have a problem adapting to a west coast style offense

Its not really a pro style offense, its a Linehan style offense. Thats why the Fins have him targeted.

I really think that Cleveland will be the team that trades down- with Minnesota. Tampa Bay will probably take Mike Williams where they are at.

Phinsfan1980 said:
They gave up a ton of picks for a ****ing coach. The Bucs are not smart.

that ****ing coach made them SB champions.

godfater21 said:
that ****ing coach made them SB champions.

No it was Kiffin and the good drafting in previos years what made them champions. Gruden is overrated IMO.

Back
Top Bottom