*rumor* No Source - Texans Looking To Move Clowney??? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*rumor* No Source - Texans Looking To Move Clowney???

Oh definitely, however; these guys are getting 20 mil a year now. DeMarcus Lawrence set the price. I do believe it is a move the Dolphins should make.

You buy one edge defender and draft another. With 15 picks next year we should be able to get back into the first round to get a great pass rusher after we draft QB early.

Lol..you assume a QB pick early?

Save our picks and build through the draft
While I'm not the type to get super excited about draft picks, this is the best bet. If the team was a just a handful of pieces away from making multiple playoff runs, then I would agree with trading for him. But since this team is clearly in a rebuilding phase and signing big players to the team clearly hadn't worked, it's time we build through the draft.

That being said, if he can be had for super cheap, then go for it. Since that most likely isn't the case then they need to pass and focus on building a young team.

Last edited:
How are we placed re salary cap to afford what would be an extremely expensive commitment for Clowney for at least the next 3 years? All my business instincts tell me to save the big money now to be able to spend next year.

How are we placed re salary cap to afford what would be an extremely expensive commitment for Clowney for at least the next 3 years? All my business instincts tell me to save the big money now to be able to spend next year.
We have and will have plenty of cap space. Currently looking at $20mil+. Not saying that we should, but it could easily be done.

If I remember correctly from about a month or two ago, it was looking like he wasn’t interested in signing long term with Houston. It may not cost as much as you’d think to get him

Can't see why the Texans would trade him unless the contract talks have turned toxic.

they have a young cheap QB, a stud #1 receiver and a good defensive core.

AFCS isn't a cake walk but still a winnable division

DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS!

The Texans had JJ Watt and Clowney and haven't been close to win a championship. We are no where near one player away from completing a championship defense. Trading for a guy like Clowney is a "win now" Move. Plus Clowney is overrated. Has has been since college. I've never seen a prospect who draft hype was from one single play in college. And that was early on his college career. He looks the part but no where near anything special just a solid DE. Very very over hyped player.

Doesn't make sense for Miami. Slimm mentioned it before the draft, but Pass Rushers help put you over the top - when you're already good. They don't make bad teams good. What does make bad teams good? Playcallers, QB's, OL, and receiving options.

The Bears had a stacked D and an elite DC, but they needed a Pass Rusher. But, even with a historically good D, Chicago came up short because of their QB (and Kicker), and the D is bound to regress in 2020 (would have even if Fangio stayed). In life and football, invest in things with staying power. Offensive production is sticky, because so much of its success is tied to Playcaller, QB, and OL - all tend to be good or bad year over year. Miami isn't close to where Chicago was, but even if they were, that type of investment in a Pass Rusher is more questionable than most understand.

Depends on the compensation pick-wise. For Pete’s sake, this team is taking well over $20 million in salary cap damage for Tannehill and Suh this year. I’m not all that concerned about taking on some salary; that’ll be off the books next year.

The Texans had JJ Watt and Clowney and haven't been close to win a championship. We are no where near one player away from completing a championship defense. Trading for a guy like Clowney is a "win now" Move. Plus Clowney is overrated. Has has been since college. I've never seen a prospect who draft hype was from one single play in college. And that was early on his college career. He looks the part but no where near anything special just a solid DE. Very very over hyped player.

And he'll have no JJ Watt in Miami so he'll be the DC's prime focus. Sorry, I'm in the camp top FAs are for teams 1-2 pieces away. Miami isn't there.

Back
Top Bottom