RUMOR: Randy Muller to take Spielman's job | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RUMOR: Randy Muller to take Spielman's job

MikeO

Premium Member
Club Member
Reaction score
Or whatever the job title is Rick had once Saban took over.

Once again THIS IS A RUMOR! (reported on PFT).

IF this does happen (IF IF IF) then start believing everything you hear about Miami on ESPN. As Randy Mueller will leak everything to his buddies in the media up in Bristol,CT!

Also, if (IF IF IF) this is true, its gonna be great to watch Randy and Ricky Williams reunited again :rofl3: :rofl3:

hum... that would be ok he brought some talent to the Aints but they just have a crappy coach that dosen't know how to utilize his players

I Would Not Mind Seeing That He Knows Talent And As Far As LOsing By 27 The Heat Will Win By 27 Count On That. :D

jnewmant said:
hum... that would be ok he brought some talent to the Aints but they just have a crappy coach that dosen't know how to utilize his players

He wouldn't be the GM in Miami though (IF THIS IS TRUE). He wouldn't be bringing in talent. Saban has final say on everything!

TRUDOLFAN54 said:
I Would Not Mind Seeing That He Knows Talent And As Far As Osing By 27 The Heat Will Win By 27 Count On That. :D

That isn't about the heat! :shakeno: Pacers-Celtics in Round 1 :shakeno:

Don't be so sensitive

I don't believe this rumor has an ounce of reality. Why would Muller consider coming to Miami when we previously turned him down? (Huizenga is still the owner)

bright-light said:
I don't believe this rumor has an ounce of reality. Why would Muller consider coming to Miami when we previously turned him down? (Huzienga is still the owner)

Wayne doesn't hire these people. Eddie Jones did. Now Eddie is out of the loop and Saban has final say in these matters

MikeO said:
He wouldn't be the GM in Miami though (IF THIS IS TRUE). He wouldn't be bringing in talent. Saban has final say on everything!
Yeah this is very true i guess he'd make a good assisstant GM to Saban then, i didn't really think before I spoke that time

MikeO said:
Wayne doesn't hire these people. Eddie Jones did. Now Eddie is out of the loop and Saban has final say in these matters
If this rumor comes true I will send you a crate of your favourite beer.

bright-light said:
If this rumor comes true I will send you a crate of your favourite beer.

Not my rumor. I didn't start it. Being reported on PFT.

No need to send me anything. Im just the messenger.

This may be a self-created rumor to keep his name in the press.I dont see it happening.Too high of a profile for what I think Saban needs.Besides Mueller was named NFL executive of the year some years back.I dont think he would take a nuts and bolts type of job.

CrunchTime said:
This may be a self-created rumor to keep his name in the press.I dont see it happening.Too high of a profile for what I think Saban needs.Besides Mueller was named NFL executive of the year some years back.I dont think he would take a nuts and bolts type of job.

No other teams are knocking down his door. Maybe just get his foot back in the door. Then hopefully Miami takes off, then other teams offer him a legit GM job.

I could see it happening. Whether the rumor is true or not.....who knows.

I hope it's false. I don't like him much. He can pick talent, but he ignores chemistry. How players fit together is important. It's the reason a talented roster like NO perennially underachieves. I do take some solace in the fact that it's reported by PFT, who just makes stuff up and them hope some of it pans out.

Here is the article from PFT.

MUELLER HEADING TO MIAMI

Word out of South Florida as of Monday morning is that the Dolphins already have hired a replacement for G.M. Rick Spielman, and that the successor could be named as early as Monday.

The winner, we've confirmed, is Randy Mueller.

Fired abruptly by Saints owner Tom Benson in 2002, Mueller has been out of the NFL ever since. He often lands on the short list for G.M. vacancies, but he has gotten no offers in three-plus years.

Until now.

Adding further intrigue to the hire is that Mueller's former partner in New Orleans, coach Jim Haslett, recently took a swipe at Saban for signing safety Tebucky Jones, for whom the Saints traded a couple of years ago, after Mueller was gone.

Haslett chided Jones for a lack of ball skills and an inability to play in space -- defects which should have been obvious to the Saints before sending three picks to the Pats.

I thought that u hard that he couldnt get along with other people. Is this true?

Back
Top Bottom