Rumor: Ricky wants to come back | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumor: Ricky wants to come back

byroan said:
Yeah, let's trade ricky for a 7th and watch him tear the league up next season.
That would suck so bad, maybe we should just keep him until we could get a #1 for him.

Champ said:
Take this for what it's worth.....

My brother-in-law (he's a big Jets fan) lives in San Fransisco. He said that he heard on one the the sports talk shows that Ricky told one of his professors that he wants to come back, but Saban said that he must resturcture his contract to the veteran's minimum plus incentives.

I don't have any hard evidence to back this up, so take it for what's it's worth.

GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!

This is exactly what I had envisioned if he were to come back. League minimum contract with a boat load of incentives. Being on the roster all 16 games, yradage, TDs, etc.. Make that fool work for his money. Saban isn't here to help him pay his debt, he wants money, he's gonna have to work hard for it.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Doktor Ivel said:
No trade value?:roflmao: Are you saying we could get more out of Brock Forsey, than Ricky Williams?:roflmao:

If he puts up good numbers for us why not?

Pahhhlease!

Ricky will never play for the Phins AGAIN ... get it through your heads already!

:fire:

I think your wrong there big fella.

RW has more value to us than anything we could get for him now. If he's come correct to the organization, temameates and fans I'd take him back. RW on the fins means more Nationally televised games.

i hope he comes back to.
ricky would give us a better chance to win at a backup BR cost.
its a business; you cant worry about people's feelings.

my biggest concern is can he get back into shape, but if are talking about ricky williams' body, id tend to give it the benefit of the doubt.

keithjackson said:
i hope he comes back to.
ricky would give us a better chance to win at a backup BR cost.
its a business; you cant worry about people's feelings.

my biggest concern is can he get back into shape, but if are talking about ricky williams' body, id tend to give it the benefit of the doubt.

That's what I'm saying...

He has from now till September to add @20lbs. I don't think it'll be a problem for him.

DolphinDD Ctown said:
Ricky will never play for the Phins AGAIN ... get it through your heads already!

:fire:
Maybe you need to get it through your head, statistics say he'll be back.

Also folks, WE WILL NOT KNOW ANYTHING PUBLICLY TILL AFTER THE DRAFT!! Do you think Saban would play this card publicly before the draft????????? That would blow an excellent cover as to who he is really going to pick.

Do what ricky did to us...keep him for the vet min sign him to a 4 or 5 year deal and just keep him. Use him as a backup or starter till he retires. If he does great then great. If he does bad we don't lose much. But don't trade him for anything less than a 1st which we will not get. So in other words.....Ricky better play good if he wants money from us, there will be no trade and no high dollar contract he must earn his money with incentives. And if in 2 or 3 years he has major I mean MAJOR trade value then we trade him.

Schleprock said:
Maybe you need to get it through your head, statistics say he'll be back.

Also folks, WE WILL NOT KNOW ANYTHING PUBLICLY TILL AFTER THE DRAFT!! Do you think Saban would play this card publicly before the draft????????? That would blow an excellent cover as to who he is really going to pick.

I have said that all along, Saban will not say anything until after the draft. He will not tip his hand.

FinFrenzy said:
Do what ricky did to us...keep him for the vet min sign him to a 4 or 5 year deal and just keep him. Use him as a backup or starter till he retires. If he does great then great. If he does bad we don't lose much. But don't trade him for anything less than a 1st which we will not get. So in other words.....Ricky better play good if he wants money from us, there will be no trade and no high dollar contract he must earn his money with incentives. And if in 2 or 3 years he has major I mean MAJOR trade value then we trade him.

I could live with that. He could also be used in Linehans offense if he plans to use multiple backs. (Brown, Benson, Williams) Ricky and Gordon/Morris/Minor, hmmm I wonder what Linehan is thinking right now........:confused:

Back
Top Bottom