Rumor: Sources have told me that Miami is talking to the Lions in regards a trade | Page 23 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumor: Sources have told me that Miami is talking to the Lions in regards a trade

And where do you suggest Suh would play for us? He's not a NT, so 3-4 DE? I don't know. I'd pass on that idea. I like Starks, so we'd be creating a hole at RB just to upgrade over Langford? I don't know, CK...you getting me nervous, like Mayock did today with the Kindle the 7th best player thing....

First, you suggested we trade Ginn for a SOLB, which creates a hole at deep threat WR, now you suggesting we get rid of our starting RB to upgrade at LDE? So who would replace, oh...so your implying we sign Tomlinson in that scenario, right? Hmm? :ponder::err: Nah, CK, nah.
Uh.. no. Ted Ginn.. our "deep threat". Right. Our receiving game wouldn't drop off much at ALL if we got rid of Ginn.

Uh.. no. Ted Ginn.. our "deep threat". Right. Our receiving game wouldn't drop off much at ALL if we got rid of Ginn.

Breaking News!!! Ted Ginn was our deep threat this past season. Just thought I'd let you know, since your implying that you didn't know that. :rolleyes2:

Regardless, if you like his game or not, whether he played decoy or was thrown to, Ginn Jr was and currently still is our 'only' deep threat/stretch the field WR.

If we trade for Boldin (which I hope we DO), he would replace Camarillo in the starting lineup, but Ginn Jr would still remain our deepthreat. Now, if Miami feels they can find a 'starting' deepthreat/stretch the field WR 'on top of' adding Boldin to upgrade over Camarillo, then by all means. But I find that hard to do with all these needs we got at OLB, NT, FS, WR, TE, RB, OG, and ILB. :crazy:

Breaking News!!! Ted Ginn was our deep threat this past season. Just thought I'd let you know, since your implying that you didn't know that. :rolleyes2:

Regardless, if you like his game or not, whether he played decoy or was thrown to, Ginn Jr was and currently still is our 'only' deep threat/stretch the field WR.

If we trade for Boldin (which I hope we DO), he would replace Camarillo in the starting lineup, but Ginn Jr would still remain our deepthreat. Now, if Miami feels they can find a 'starting' deepthreat/stretch the field WR 'on top of' adding Boldin to upgrade over Camarillo, then by all means. But I find that hard to do with all these needs we got at OLB, NT, FS, WR, TE, RB, OG, and ILB. :crazy:
Guard and Halfback aren't exactly needs. They're upgradeable, but so is every other position on our team, except maybe FB and LT. Even championship teams have holes, Miami never will be perfect at every position.

Rotoworld reported today that the Lions are actively shopping the #2 pick. I know we never trade up and thats not in BP resume but we need a NT and either McCoy or Suh will be there then. NT is one of our biggest needs and these are 2 of the best DT to come out in a long time. I dont want to give up the entire draft to get this pick but maybe our #12, Porter and a 3rd/4th.

It also reports that some teams have interest in Ernie Sims. We need a LB and Sims is decent so maybe layoff the guy for saying his inside source when we could indeed be talking to them about trades.
Yes, the Lions are going to give up the #2 pick for #12, Porter and a 3rd or 4th. Wrong. Teams go by a trade chart, we would be giving up a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, at the very least.

That certainly is breaking news. Deep threats usually do stretch a field and command the respect of defenses.. AND have more than an 11.9 YPC average. That being said, it CERTAINLY IS breaking news that he was considered a deep threat.

Guard and Halfback aren't exactly needs. They're upgradeable, but so is every other position on our team, except maybe FB and LT. Even championship teams have holes, Miami never will be perfect at every position.

I'd beg to differ. OG is definitely a need due to how the FO have been reportedly looking for competition for Thomas. They feel he is good against the run, but not too good against the pass rush and in space. They like Garner, but feel he isn't a starter or is better suited as a versatile backup. So it looks very much a priority by the FO.

RB is most definitely a need with this being Ricky Williams last season as well as Ronnie Brown's last year of his contract and being injury prone will at least need a backup/replacement in a year. Thus why Ireland mentioned being willing to look at RB if it is BPA at #12. Not to mention, neither of Brown or Williams are big play RBs. Still lack that one.

Top of the list compared to OLB, NT, and WR? No. But needs nonetheless.

That certainly is breaking news. Deep threats usually do stretch a field and command the respect of defenses.. AND have more than an 11.9 YPC average. That being said, it CERTAINLY IS breaking news that he was considered a deep threat.

Well then I'm glad I was able to inform ya. :bobdole:

And where do you suggest Suh would play for us? He's not a NT, so 3-4 DE? I don't know. I'd pass on that idea. I like Starks, so we'd be creating a hole at RB just to upgrade over Langford? I don't know, CK...you getting me nervous, like Mayock did today with the Kindle the 7th best player thing....

First, you suggested we trade Ginn for a SOLB, which creates a hole at deep threat WR, now you suggesting we get rid of our starting RB to upgrade at LDE? So who would replace, oh...so your implying we sign Tomlinson in that scenario, right? Hmm? :ponder::err: Nah, CK, nah.

Suh can't play NT? Since when? He's been playing NT at Nebraska. He can play any damn place he pleases.

Ronnie Brown only has one more year under contract as a RFA.

And yeah, I'd suggest trading Ginn for a pack of cigarettes at this point.

Wow, people who support Ginn are so goddamn stubborn they don't realize just how stupid they sound at this point.

Ginn isn't our deep threat. He is fast, yes, but he had TWO catches over 20 yards. TWO. Are you seriously trying to ****ing call him our deep threat? He averaged 11.9 yards a catch.

Hartline is much more of a deep threat than Ginn. He averaged more per catch, had more yards, and more touchdowns. Ginn is ****ing WORTHLESS ON THIS TEAM. If you knew as much as you're trying to pass off about our team, I'm curious why you have Ginn and Camarillo as our starters.. when they weren't towards the end of the season? Strange.

really think Lions called us,and not vise versa...not too big a deal,and I really wouldnt read too much into it at all...

Back
Top Bottom