Rumor: Sources have told me that Miami is talking to the Lions in regards a trade | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumor: Sources have told me that Miami is talking to the Lions in regards a trade

julian peterson??

You took the words right out of my mouth!!

Julian Peterson has been rumored as a possible Cut for Detroit this offseason because they want him to restructure his contract and he has already said that he will not do that. So if source is at all right this would be the one player that I could see it being over. Julian Peterson would be an excellent OLB in our 3-4 Defense however he is getting up there in age at 31 Years old.

Here is one of the articles I am referencing. From Rotoworld.
DET-1.gif
Julian Peterson-LB- LionsFeb. 17 - 10:39 am et
right_corner_player_news-1.gif
pixel-1.gif
pixel-1.gif
pixel-1.gif
pixel-1.gif

Beat writer Tom Kowalski says all indications are that Julian Peterson will not take a pay cut if he is asked.
The Lions likely haven't decided what to do yet with Peterson, who is set to earn $7.5 million in 2010. If they end up releasing Peterson, they could leave Larry Foote in the middle and shift impressive youngster DeAndre Levy outside. Peterson would become a hot commodity on the open market.

The only other players I see us maybe being interested in would be Gosder Cherilus as we could move him to RG or Sammie Lee Hill the DT. I remember the Trifecta being interested in him late in the draft last year but Detroit got him before us!

As much as I like Ernie Sims, he doesn't fit our system.

Louis Delmas isn't going anywhere. Nor is Calvin Johnson!!

There's no way Detriot trades away one the best players in all of football. If there's any chance then give up a 1st, 3rd and whatever else to make it happen but I still say there's no possible way it happens Matt Millen is gone by the way.

i could have sworn that there was some issue detroit was having with cj last year. Cant remember the report but heard it on sirius radio. wasn't nothing major i don't think it was but i recall come kind of conflict involving him and detroit

Why would a "major trade" be needed to pick up a guy that is rumored to be cut? I'm not insulting your intelligence but I just don't see why we would trade for Peterson and be on the hook for his 7.5M when we could get him for less and not give up players or picks.

The Detroit Lions and the Dolphins are in talks in regards trading a lions player to the dolphins in exchange for draft picks and a player that I still do not have any information on. I will report more as news develop. I do not know at this moment if a wide receiver or runningback from each team is involved.

alright time to lean on your sources a little. lol..you got us worked up.

I have to think they would want the first round pick to replace CJ with Bryant

this sounds like it could be a block buster. cj for merling and a #2 maybe thats why he was told to lose some weight. He would probably thrive in that defense they run. HHHMMMM.....

lol, it would take much more than that.

I know we have some "Big Wigs" in here. Get Hyde or somebody to spill their guts. LET'S GO!!

Why would a "major trade" be needed to pick up a guy that is rumored to be cut? I'm not insulting your intelligence but I just don't see why we would trade for Peterson and be on the hook for his 7.5M when we could get him for less and not give up players or picks.

This is why: If Peterson hits the Free Agent Market he will command around 25-30 Million Guaranteed. Dansby and Seymour are already rumored to want 30-35 Million guaranteed respectively. Also he is saying a pick and a player. So how about this scenario - Joey Porter and a draft pick for Peterson? The Trifecta would be sticking Porter in a place that would make him very unhappy which would make us and the trifecta happy and we would be getting Peterson to replace him. I would take Peterson over Porter anyday. So say we throw in a 4th round pick. Peterson may or may not renegotiate his deal to stay in Miami. We really won't know that until a trade happens unless they let us negotiate with him ahead of time which maybe we are? Anyway, the contract we would be getting him for would cost us less this way than if we had to compete for his services on the Free Agent Market. So that is why we would trade for him instead of waiting. Hope this answers your question. After all, how many Top Shelf OLB will be on the Free Agent Market like Peterson. Not many and that is why his price would be top dollar.

With all due respect, I can't see Peterson commanding that type of money. He's no longer a premier player and may not even be better than porter.

This is why: If Peterson hits the Free Agent Market he will command around 25-30 Million Guaranteed. Dansby and Seymour are already rumored to want 30-35 Million guaranteed respectively. Also he is saying a pick and a player. So how about this scenario - Joey Porter and a draft pick for Peterson? The Trifecta would be sticking Porter in a place that would make him very unhappy which would make us and the trifecta happy and we would be getting Peterson to replace him. I would take Peterson over Porter anyday. So say we throw in a 4th round pick. Peterson may or may not renegotiate his deal to stay in Miami. We really won't know that until a trade happens unless they let us negotiate with him ahead of time which maybe we are? Anyway, the contract we would be getting him for would cost us less this way than if we had to compete for his services on the Free Agent Market. So that is why we would trade for him instead of waiting. Hope this answers your question. After all, how many Top Shelf OLB will be on the Free Agent Market like Peterson. Not many and that is why his price would be top dollar.

i just dont see parcells trading for a 31yr old OLB the only trade we would make for draft picks would be young players avril, johnson ect.

The Detroit Lions and the Dolphins are in talks in regards trading a lions player to the dolphins in exchange for draft picks and a player that I still do not have any information on. I will report more as news develop. I do not know at this moment if a wide receiver or runningback from each team is involved.
Interesting. I will wait and see what happens, because rumors/source reports are dangerous at this time of year.

Interesting. I will wait and see what happens, because rumors/source reports are dangerous at this time of year.

yeah im sure miami is in talks with several teams about trades but most never amount to nothing.

The detroit FO did say everyone on there team is up for grabs.
Shoot if CJ becomes a dolphin ill bust a nut in my pants.

I would definately give up a 1st for megatron he is definately a top 3 wr in the league he just needs someone to throw him the ball and henne could be that guy.

Back
Top Bottom