Rumor: Sources have told me that Miami is talking to the Lions in regards a trade | Page 26 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumor: Sources have told me that Miami is talking to the Lions in regards a trade

Your dolphins fans are more delusional then us Lions fans. 3 players Ive seen on here Calvin Johnson, Luis Delmas, Brandon Pettigrew hahahhahah thats like me saying I hope the lions can get Adrian Peterson and Jarod Allen this year. NO CHANCE!!!! Those are the lions only good players (and Stafford) why would they trade them?? The guy there talking about is either Cliff Avril or Daniel Bullocks, but id say Avril. Plays DE for the lions was projected as a 3-4 LB when he was drafted would fit in on your defence very nicely with Cameron Wake. You guys would probably send us a 4th, maybe a 3rd tops. Thats the only trade I can see happening here.

Wrong. Some of our fans are delusional, just like any other team's fans. Some of us are levelheaded and realistic, just like any other team's fans. If you read back about twenty six pages, you'll see interspersed with the delusions of grandeur surrounding Calvin Johnson is quite a bit of talk concerning Cliff Avril. No groundbreaking news there, chief, but thanks for stopping by.

I agree with lionsin2012... the most likely player that this rumor is about is Cliff Avril. The Lions are transitioning from a 3-4 to a 4-3 and Avril is a 3-4 OLB, so they have less need for his services, while the Dolphins are clearly lacking in OLB depth. If he could be had for a 4th, I would probably pull the trigger, although I would be hoping to get him for a 5th .

I agree with lionsin2012... the most likely player that this rumor is about is Cliff Avril. The Lions are transitioning from a 3-4 to a 4-3 and Avril is a 3-4 OLB, so they have less need for his services, while the Dolphins are clearly lacking in OLB depth. If he could be had for a 4th, I would probably pull the trigger, although I would be hoping to get him for a 5th .

Lions are not changing from a 3-4....they have been a 4-3 forever! have never been a 3-4. But do do a 4-4 set. But I agree its Avril. Lions looking for bigger downhill type De's. And trying to rid the team of Millen guys. Id take a 3rd for him possibly a 4th. Or Ted Ginn Str8 up.:hump:

My apologies... I read it on a headline at Rotoworld last week... but when I went back to find it and post, i couldnt. I clearly may be mistaken about the scheme they run, but Avril is still a better fit as a 3-4 OLB than a 4-3 DE.

Lions are not changing from a 3-4....they have been a 4-3 forever! have never been a 3-4. But do do a 4-4 set. But I agree its Avril. Lions looking for bigger downhill type De's. And trying to rid the team of Millen guys. Id take a 3rd for him possibly a 4th. Or Ted Ginn Str8 up.:hump:

PLEASE!!! I'm begging you, TAKE HIM!!!

Avril for Merling makes the most sense. Merling has starter potential in a 4-3 IMO.

Sammie Lee Hill could be in the mix (see "Lions draft Suh"), which could involve another phin player and/or picks.

The Lions could have some interest in Ronnie, whom I'm actually hoping is re-signed, but would they have any interest in Ginn?

Anyway, a few players could be involved, but C. Johnson isn't likely to be one of them.

I am just trying to figure out how this thread got to 26 pages and 30,000 views.
I pointed this out(that its an unverifiable rumor thread) somewhere around page 4, and got flamed for it...

There's a rumor about a trade being imminent involving the San Diego Chargers and Detroit Lions. The Lions would be getting Antonio Cromartie but that's the only name I've heard involved. We know the Chargers want a premium tailback. Could there be a three-way deal in the works that sends Cromartie to the Lions, Ronnie Brown to the Chargers, and Calvin Johnson to the Dolphins? Short answer, probably not. But, it's nice to dream up these things.

There's a rumor about a trade being imminent involving the San Diego Chargers and Detroit Lions. The Lions would be getting Antonio Cromartie but that's the only name I've heard involved. We know the Chargers want a premium tailback. Could there be a three-way deal in the works that sends Cromartie to the Lions, Ronnie Brown to the Chargers, and Calvin Johnson to the Dolphins? Short answer, probably not. But, it's nice to dream up these things.

Would love it but Brown is not in the class of either of the other players and really dont think the Chargers want another back of Brown's age coming off another injured season, they already have been burned by this recently.

Back
Top Bottom