Rumor: Sources have told me that Miami is talking to the Lions in regards a trade | Page 27 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumor: Sources have told me that Miami is talking to the Lions in regards a trade

Would love it but Brown is not in the class of either of the other players and really dont think the Chargers want another back of Brown's age coming off another injured season, they already have been burned by this recently.
Calvin Johnson, maybe not. He is definitlely better than Cromartie, though. Cromartie has had one monster season and been inconsistent since then. I still think Quentin Jammer is one of the most underrated CBs in the league. But, keep in mind, Calvin Johnson is also coming off of his second injured season out of three seasons and has not been to a Pro Bowl, unlike Ronnie. You may say that it is a popularity contest, but don't try and tell me it's not a factor in trade/contract negotiations.

I hate to bring this back but you guys always ask for it...

You should know by now, that even being right and scooping about everybody on the JT story is not going to be good enough for the many children who post here at FH. They have it all figured out and when they are proven wrong, will run and dodge and ignore they ever said anything.

If Ronnie Brown is shipped out. I see the dolphins still trading back and picking up another second, and drafting Ryan Matthews with our 1st.

Why would Miami trade Brown if they are not going to get much? Doesn't make sense.

If you don't think he's the answer at running back for the next 4-5 years, then you unload him before you have to pay him bazillions of dollars.

I personally think he has a lot of good football left in him, but I doubt that his next five years will eclipse his first five. So the FO has to decide if he's "the man" or not for the foreseeable future before committing to him. If they can break even in a trade with Ronnie, I think unquestionably they do it.

detroit has also been in touch with lendale whites agent and a few
others.

about 3 hours or so back, lendale white signed his tender.

i wouldnt hold my breath.

HEY! i hope not. i will drive ronnie to detroit myself. but i doubt
they have to give up as much as the fins are wanting for ronnie
and he is younger.

COME ON DETROIT!! CALL BILL!!!

Why would Miami trade Brown if they are not going to get much? Doesn't make sense.

Just as they didn't get much for Ted Ginn Jr. They spend a 9 overall pick with Ted to get 5th round pick for him. I just don't see Miami getting anything close to what they spent for Ronnie Brown. A player that is not known for his durability but it is known for his abilities.

The Lions did not just think of replacing Kevin Smith out of nowhere. Teams have plans during the start of the season and they stick those plans. Detroit feels that the RB position is something that can easily be filled in. Even if Detroit were not to get Ronnie then they would be able to get a good prospect in the 3rd round.

I would love to have Louis Delmas; he's the only logical player Miami would want. They are NOT getting Calvin Johnson.

It would be AMAZING to see us trade Ronnie Brown straight-up for Calvin Johnson, but I would say there is virtually no chance of that happening.

One can dream...can you imagine a team with Brandon Marshall and Calvin Johnson? Best WR tandem in league history? Virtually any RB could post 1000+ yard seasons with those two on the team...those two would make an above-average QB look like a Pro Bowl-caliber QB :bowdown:

Back
Top Bottom