Rumor: Sources have told me that Miami is talking to the Lions in regards a trade | Page 28 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumor: Sources have told me that Miami is talking to the Lions in regards a trade

It would be AMAZING to see us trade Ronnie Brown straight-up for Calvin Johnson, but I would say there is virtually no chance of that happening.

One can dream...can you imagine a team with Brandon Marshall and Calvin Johnson? Best WR tandem in league history? Virtually any RB could post 1000+ yard seasons with those two on the team...those two would make an above-average QB look like a Pro Bowl-caliber QB

If we did that trade, I would put us in the Super Bowl for next year. No joke. We would average 45 plus points a game. We would be sold out every game. It would be rockin.

Is hard to get rid of a player like Ronnie Brown unless there was something on board as well. Or unless we were drafting a Runningback with a our first round pick. Other than that I don't see this happening. I will be surprised to hear the Dolphins trade Ronnie for a non 1st round pick.

Is hard to get rid of a player like Ronnie Brown unless there was something on board as well. Or unless we were drafting a Runningback with a our first round pick. Other than that I don't see this happening. I will be surprised to hear the Dolphins trade Ronnie for a non 1st round pick.

That's right. This front office is not gonna leave THAT big of a hole on the roster without a definitive solution. I'll be watching that #34 pick with bated breath. Keep Ronnie guys and go Phins!!!!!!

The only way that the dolphisn were going to get rid of ronnie would be if they were planning on using one of their early picks on a running back.

Just as they didn't get much for Ted Ginn Jr. They spend a 9 overall pick with Ted to get 5th round pick for him. I just don't see Miami getting anything close to what they spent for Ronnie Brown. A player that is not known for his durability but it is known for his abilities.

The Lions did not just think of replacing Kevin Smith out of nowhere. Teams have plans during the start of the season and they stick those plans. Detroit feels that the RB position is something that can easily be filled in. Even if Detroit were not to get Ronnie then they would be able to get a good prospect in the 3rd round.

Well, in all fairness, it was another regime that spent the 9 overall. It's not like it's this regime's fault. Now, Pat White? That's another story.

The only way that the dolphisn were going to get rid of ronnie would be if they were planning on using one of their early picks on a running back.

I don't believe that is true at all. If you look at when Tuna Co. likes to take their RB's, it's usually in the mid rounds.

I don't believe that is true at all. If you look at when Tuna Co. likes to take their RB's, it's usually in the mid rounds.

Yeah, I was hoping to get Blount in the 4th or 5th. Wean Ricky into retirement in 1-2 years. Wean Ronnie into Ricky's current role, giving him an 3-4 year extension. And make Blount our feature back by 2011.

Yeah, I was hoping to get Blount in the 4th or 5th. Wean Ricky into retirement in 1-2 years. Wean Ronnie into Ricky's current role, giving him an 3-4 year extension. And make Blount our feature back by 2011.
Maybe you should hope to wean ronnie off the IR list.

Tuna and Co usually dont go after running backs who are wild cat proficient. We need a running back who can run amazingly well in between the tackles, can see a hole and take that single cut, one who can receive very well, and someone who is able to block fairly well.

If you are looking for just a running back who can run and thats it, yeah you got in the mid rounds.. but one able to do everything we are talking? I honestly don't know where we get one. I dont think there is one in this draft that can do it all as well as Ronnie can, the closest thing is CJ Spiller, who lacks the size

Back
Top Bottom