Rumor - Steve Marshall - New Oline Coach | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumor - Steve Marshall - New Oline Coach

The hire is what it is, I will say I am still not excited, but I rarely get an elevated pulse based on a position coach hire.

From what has been reported, this isn't a trash hire, his units have produced better then any Miami o-line in the last 7 or so years. It is, at the very least, an upgrade. Outside of somehow getting Scarnecchia, who could we have picked up that has a better track record? Columbo? Maybe, but has has only been coaching o-line for a few years, and has spent a good amount of that time working with top level players. Who else did you want? Callahan was the best option out there, so I guess missing out on him would be the downer.

We want anyone that's not the guy we hired!

Did Gailey just hire an OL coach he used to coach with? The last pro job was 2017 Jet OL ranked 28th.
Are we planning on another 5 win season?
Am I missing something?

Nothing is official not even Gailey. The dolphins never announced the gailey hire. That’s a rumor just like the ol coach

Did Gailey just hire an OL coach he used to coach with? The last pro job was 2017 Jet OL ranked 28th.
Are we planning on another 5 win season?
Am I missing something?

Yeah, the long ass thread already discussing this topic.

I haven’t looked at the years he coached,

was it nick mangold and d’brickeshaw feeguson teams?

Thank you. It came across my phone as a push and I assumed it would be top three on the forum. I should have know the forum would have had 8 pages by then.
How many threads do you have on one page? Because this one about the OL coach has been on the main page for awhile

Callahan is out there, Hiestand is out there and we hire this guy?

I am not inspired by this hire. In his last six years as an OL coach his teams have ranked in the top 10 in sacks allowed four times. While it appears many on here are giving Flores the benefit of the doubt in hiring his coaches. He hired one offensive line coach last year who was fired before the season started and then let the OL coach who replaced the fired coach walk after the season was over.

This hire seems to be something to placate Gailey and nothing to do with Marshall being a top tier OL coach. I guess Gailey wanted to have another old coach on the team that he could go out to dinner with.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom