RUMOR: The Team to Watch in Jimmy Garoppolo Trade Talks is Miami | Page 24 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RUMOR: The Team to Watch in Jimmy Garoppolo Trade Talks is Miami

Again, which one. Give us a name.
There is no one out there or available that would make any realistic sense whatsoever. If, hypothetically, Tua craps the bed, back to the draft would be my preference.

There is no one out there or available that would make any realistic sense whatsoever. If, hypothetically, Tua craps the bed, back to the draft would be my preference.

This...

No point in trading or going after any retread.

If not Tua after this year, take a shot on a rookie.

I do not want to get invited in the Sam Darnold, Baker Mayfield, Cam Newton etc... merry go round.

Don't trade for average. Pursue greatness or potential greatness.

Go get the top QB in the draft if necessary.

But it's all good, Tua will make this irrelevant this year.

Funny how the universe and karma works.

He is slated to go up against Herbert, Burrow, Watson and Flores this year.

He has a great chance to quiet all the critics. Not only will he have a great season, he has a chance to beat the guys some say we should have drafted over him, the predator who this team almost sold their soul to get and the coach who actively tried to sabotage his career.

He goes 4-0 in those games, helps us to be playoff contenders and has a good season......... it's on like Donkey Kong lol

I'm telling you. Tua/Herbert and Burrow are the new generations Marino/Kelly/Elway.

I think its clear... time for Fitzpatrick to come out of retirement
He's too smart and wealthy enough not to.

I would love to see him in coaching or even in upper management.

(Hear that Mr. Ross - it's a good idea and he is probably as good or better than some of the guys you've already got on the payroll, plus he can bring in the perspective of a player who got traded a lot).

Yep! Its hard to really look at something the Fins did and say: "this makes alot of sense!" There are many reasons for this behavioral pattern, but thats outside the scope of this post...lol!

the 2x 1st round picks next draft made so much sense for many different reasons that, I just ignore the noise on other vet QB targets the Fins are supposedly interested in trading for... This offense is right about stacked pending OL progression and scheme change, AND they could actually reset the rookie QB contract clock next season...

This will actually make it a hard decision for the FO no matter how Tua plays... Even if Tua balls out this season and gets like top 5 numbers, this only increases his contract value and therefore reduces the teams ability to keep said stacked offense together... What do you do?

On a Fins message board, this seems like a no brainer, but strategically, its alot closer than people might think. Especially if Tua gets those numbers through an offense that runs the ball top 5 in the league AND you have 2x 1st round picks which gives you some access to the top 2-4 QB prospects coming out. I'd say that the decision might come down to a) Is Tua willing to make a friendly deal and b) What the actual QB prospects look like when its all said and done... The way he actually played might be a distant 3rd on this list. Again, strickly speaking about strategically, I know PR will come into this and if he truly goes nuts this season, it'll be a hard sell to move on regardless.

Yep! Its hard to really look at something the Fins did and say: "this makes alot of sense!" There are many reasons for this behavioral pattern, but thats outside the scope of this post...lol!

the 2x 1st round picks next draft made so much sense for many different reasons that, I just ignore the noise on other vet QB targets the Fins are supposedly interested in trading for... This offense is right about stacked pending OL progression and scheme change, AND they could actually reset the rookie QB contract clock next season...

This will actually make it a hard decision for the FO no matter how Tua plays... Even if Tua balls out this season and gets like top 5 numbers, this only increases his contract value and therefore reduces the teams ability to keep said stacked offense together... What do you do?

On a Fins message board, this seems like a no brainer, but strategically, its alot closer than people might think. Especially if Tua gets those numbers through an offense that runs the ball top 5 in the league AND you have 2x 1st round picks which gives you some access to the top 2-4 QB prospects coming out. I'd say that the decision might come down to a) Is Tua willing to make a friendly deal and b) What the actual QB prospects look like when its all said and done... The way he actually played might be a distant 3rd on this list. Again, strickly speaking about strategically, I know PR will come into this and if he truly goes nuts this season, it'll be a hard sell to move on regardless.
Just to add to the line of conjecture, If Tua has a good/great year, he would also have decent trade value, with 2 years left on his rookie deal (including option).

Just to add to the line of conjecture, If Tua has a good/great year, he would also have decent trade value, with 2 years left on his rookie deal (including option).
Exactly! And Im a big Tua fan, expect him to do very well this year... But when you think about all the variables involved, it doesnt mean the actual best move would be to keep him in the grand scheme of things...

But if he does go like 30 TDs 7 INTs or something like that, optimal strategy might go out the window, it'd take giant type balls to move a QB in this type of scenario in this day and age

Lets say he lights the league on fire, im not sure what we get in return. At this current moment right now, maybe a 3rd or 4th?

Lets say he lights the league on fire, im not sure what we get in return. At this current moment right now, maybe a 3rd or 4th?
so hypothetically, it is the end of the year, Tua has just set the league on fire as our starting QB.

for some unknown, unfathomable reason, we are entertaining trade offers for him (lol!). (it is during the time period when trades are possible).

your assertion is that the most any team in the league would offer us is "maybe a 3rd or 4th" round pick.

besides the fact that they would be laughed right out the door immediately, why would you think that?

so hypothetically, it is the end of the year, Tua has just set the league on fire as our starting QB.

for some unknown, unfathomable reason, we are entertaining trade offers for him (lol!). (it is during the time period when trades are possible).

your assertion is that the most any team in the league would offer us is "maybe a 3rd or 4th" round pick.

besides the fact that they would be laughed right out the door immediately, why would you think that?
Thats not what he said though... he said 3rd-4th right now... Doesnt know if he lights the league on fire... But still, 3rd-4th right now seems like very very low to me...

Thats not what he said though... he said 3-4th right now... Doesnt know if he lights the league on fire... But still, 3rd-4th right now seems like very very low for me...
oh. confusing.

why mention lighting the league on fire in 2022, then ask what we could get for him in trade right now?

Back
Top Bottom