RUMOR: The Team to Watch in Jimmy Garoppolo Trade Talks is Miami | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RUMOR: The Team to Watch in Jimmy Garoppolo Trade Talks is Miami

ray liotta GIF

Reports or "rumors" like this just prove there is no journalistic integrity anymore.

Schefter, Lombardo etc. It don't matter. To even entertain this is pure garbage.

Nothing the Phins organization, since the hiring of McDaniel has indicated Tua is not their guy. They have done everything to SHOW Tua is their guy, atleast this year.

If that's true, why would there be any interest in Jimmy other than a backup QB? AGAIN, with Bridgewater on board why in the heck would Miami even entertain trading assets for Jimmy G. When they already have a quality, maybe best backup in the NFL in in Bridgewater.

What are the sources? Oh executives around the league?

These type of reports or rumors are pure garbage. Anyone involved in spreading them deserves to lose any ounce of credibility they have in the sports world..

At least with Watson, he was arguably an elite QB. So from. A business perspective it made sense.

Trading for Jimmy G makes no sense. He would not be a clear upgrade over Tua. He is not elite. There is no guarantee he would beat out Bridgewater.

Absurd.

Face it media and Tua haters, Tua will be the QB this year whether you like it or not. You were wrong and continue to be wrong. Barring an injury, Tua will be the QB this season and many seasons to come.

My rant is done.

He should go back to NE. Cleveland, Detroit, and Seattle are more plausible options.

He should go back to NE. Cleveland, Detroit, and Seattle are more plausible options.
If he goes to Detroit and wins 60% of his starts, I wonder how many people will still say that he stinks. The guy is a proven winner and I hope he starts somewhere. Just not here. We already have a winner here.

Reports or "rumors" like this just prove there is no journalistic integrity anymore.

Schefter, Lombardo etc. It don't matter. To even entertain this is pure garbage.

Nothing the Phins organization, since the hiring of McDaniel has indicated Tua is not their guy. They have done everything to SHOW Tua is their guy, atleast this year.

If that's true, why would there be any interest in Jimmy other than a backup QB? AGAIN, with Bridgewater on board why in the heck would Miami even entertain trading assets for Jimmy G. When they already have a quality, maybe best backup in the NFL in in Bridgewater.

What are the sources? Oh executives around the league?

These type of reports or rumors are pure garbage. Anyone involved in spreading them deserves to lose any ounce of credibility they have in the sports world..

At least with Watson, he was arguably an elite QB. So from. A business perspective it made sense.

Trading for Jimmy G makes no sense. He would not be a clear upgrade over Tua. He is not elite. There is no guarantee he would beat out Bridgewater.

Absurd.

Face it media and Tua haters, Tua will be the QB this year whether you like it or not. You were wrong and continue to be wrong. Barring an injury, Tua will be the QB this season and many seasons to come.

My rant is done.

Excellent points once again! I have no earthly idea why the op would post this on his site and then post a link here. If you’re going to attempt click bait, at least do it with something of substance from somebody of note, not vague hearsay from a nobody.

Excellent points once again! I have no earthly idea why the op would post this on his site and then post a link here. If you’re going to attempt click bait, at least do it with something of substance from somebody of note, not vague hearsay from a nobody.
First off, it's not "clickbait" for DolphinsTalk, he simply posted the tweet and some comments that were made. We have a working relationship with DolphinsTalk and he is free to post and link articles from his site here anytime he wishes. It's not for clicks but for the benefit of our posters.
You and others may not feel this is newsworthy but it is out in the national news cycle, and whether we like it or not, that does make it newsworthy. We don't filter news around here to our liking, good news, bad news, and speculative news are all topics for discussion. This is a Miami Dolphins discussion board.
Don't shoot the messenger...

First off, it's not "clickbait" for DolphinsTalk, he simply posted the tweet and some comments that were made. We have a working relationship with DolphinsTalk and he is free to post and link articles from his site here anytime he wishes. It's not for clicks but for the benefit of our posters.
You and others may not feel this is newsworthy but it is out in the national news cycle, and whether we like it or not, that does make it newsworthy. We don't filter news around here to our liking, good news, bad news, and speculative news are all topics for discussion. This is a Miami Dolphins discussion board.
Will Smith Best Gif GIF

This is what annoys me, this isn't click bait. This is a report you don't want to believe, a move you don't want to see your favorite team make, so you are going to call it click bait and dismiss it and just brush it off as "fake" or "made up".

On January 9th if there was a report Miami was going to fire Brian Flores, you (and others) would have been screaming its click bait, not happening, this is dumb. You would have attacked the reporter and called him childish names. Then on Jan 10th when Flores was actually fired and it caught everyone by surprise then what? You all go run into a hole and hide. The vocal "haters" who like to bash reporters and claim everything is "click bait" (by the way learn what click bait is before you use the term) are just disgruntled fans with hurt feelings hoping the report "doesn't happen" cause they don't want it to happen.

What we lived through all of 2021 with the Watson rumors. Fans attacked the reporters, claimed it was all click bait and "made up". Threw temper tantrums online and cursed people out. THEN...........fast forward to the day after the NFL Trade Deadline and Chris Grier gets in front of a podium at a press conference and admits Miami was talking to Houston for months about possibly trading for Watson but they couldn't work out a deal. IT WAS ALL TRUE! Every report, rumor, story was 100% true and Grier confirmed it! I am sure you claiming for months all of those reporters were just doing "click bait" apologized to everyone. SMH. Yeah probably not.

Fans do this all the time now, see a news item or report, they don't want it to happen so lets just call it click bait and dismiss it as BS, call a reporter some names, and shout them down to make yourself feel better on the inside and cope with this story that I hope doesn't happen may actually happen. It's sad actually.

Here is the thing, just because you don't want Miami to trade for JimmyG (and I don't) doesn't mean the report is false or its click bait. NO reporter.....TRUST ME, no reporter who makes their living covering the NFL, is going to risk their job making up a fake story on JimmyG and the Miami Dolphins. Nobody cares about either JimmyG or the Fins enough to do such a thing. This isn't a story that will generate millions of clicks and make the reporter a millionare overnight. It's a throw away story on a marginal QB and a team that has been bad for 20+ years. They won't risk their mortgage, their source of income, how they provide for their wife and kids, and their job over such a thing. It's not happening.

This is just a reporter doing his job on a story that really isn't anything that special. He is hearing thing from sources, he reported it and its not that big a deal.

So instead of claiming "click bait" and this is BS and calling reporters names, maybe take a step back take a deep breath and understand, wow didn't see a report like this coming. I hope its not true. let's see where it goes. And maybe not attack reporters and others who are just sharing information they have been told and are doing their job.

Last edited:

I never said, nor implied, that the op could not or even should not post things here. I just didn’t think this posting was a good look due to the lack of substance and credibility of the “source.“ It’s clickbait because it a hot button topic backed up solely by conjecture and unidentified opinions. If it makes national news, I wouldn’t be surprised. They seem to find and run with anything negative about Tua. If it’s not picked up, again no surprise here. Matt Lombardo is hardly irrefutable.

why I responded to this thread is because it’s a message board. I disagreed with the op and did not attack him personally. I’m glad you have a working partnership with him and his site as not everything he posts is garbage. I just thought this singular posting was beneath his overall quality.

Back
Top Bottom