RUMOR: The Team to Watch in Jimmy Garoppolo Trade Talks is Miami | Page 25 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RUMOR: The Team to Watch in Jimmy Garoppolo Trade Talks is Miami

so hypothetically, it is the end of the year, Tua has just set the league on fire as our starting QB.

for some unknown, unfathomable reason, we are entertaining trade offers for him (lol!). (it is during the time period when trades are possible).

your assertion is that the most any team in the league would offer us is "maybe a 3rd or 4th" round pick.

besides the fact that they would be laughed right out the door immediately, why would you think that?
Not a 3rd or 4th after this year. But I'm talking about right now. What could we get for him today. I should have been more clear.

Thats not what he said though... he said 3rd-4th right now... Doesnt know if he lights the league on fire... But still, 3rd-4th right now seems like very very low to me...
Honestly, I doubt you could get a 3rd. I know a lot of Dolphins fans think highly of the guy, but the market is not comprised of Dolphin fans.

Honestly, I doubt you could get a 3rd. I know a lot of Dolphins fans think highly of the guy, but the market is not comprised of Dolphin fans.
I mean... If we're going right now one week before traning camp...? OK i guess... Time of year where trade value is at its lowest... Josh Rosen got traded for a 2nd after a 66 rating season during the draft... If someone wants to be disingenuous like that to push an agenda, then I'm simply wasting my time here...

I mean... If we're going right now one week before traning camp...? OK i guess... Time of year where trade value is at its lowest... Josh Rosen got traded for a 2nd after a 66 rating season during the draft... If someone wants to be disingenuous like that to push an agenda, then I'm simply wasting my time here...
I don't see the two situations as similar. Not only did most ppl here think we gave too much, he still had 4 years on his rookie deal, had superior physical ability (obviously not even close in the heart category), and the team was going a different direction (Murray) regardless.

I'm not promoting any agenda. In fact, you are the one who started this highly speculative exchange. Personally, if Tua performs like a top QB this year, I think it would be quite silly to trade him away and roll the dice again. That has nothing to do with what I believe other teams would be willing to give for him today.

In fact, you are the one who started this highly speculative exchange
I was talking about the outlook of the QB position for the Fins going forward depending on how Tua played, and how little it might matter strategically... And then someone brought up he's worth a 3rd-4th, which I disagree with... I even somewhat defended the guy making this claim as someone misinterpreted it... Then gave a comp. And yes, pin pointing a players value to exactly one week before camp is disingenuous...

So how about Jimmy Garopollo, as a 2nd round pick, netting a 2nd(#43), starting 2 games in the NFL in 3 seasons?

I was talking about the outlook of the QB position for the Fins going forward depending on how Tua played, and how little it might matter strategically... And then someone brought up he's worth a 3rd-4th, which I disagree with... I even somewhat defended the guy making this claim as someone misinterpreted it... Then gave a comp. And yes, pin pointing a players value to exactly one week before camp is disingenuous...

So how about Jimmy Garopollo, as a 2nd round pick, netting a 2nd(#43), starting 2 games in the NFL in 3 seasons?
BB bent them over a low bleacher........

Would you give a third for JG now? Statistically, he isn't much different than Tua has been, and has accomplished quite a bit more.

I think you are confusing my opinion on Tua specifically with my opinion on what mediocre QBs are worth in trade in general. I'll just end the conversation here, as it seems you are taking offense where none is intended. I'll just add that just because BB found a sucker to take JG, doesn't mean he was worth it.

So

If Jimmy's as good as some think please explain why he's being replaced by a second year player.
I think you missed the argument I was making... I was saying its unfair to compare both QBs production since the SF QB had better players around him pretty much everywhere on offense.,..

BB bent them over a low bleacher........

Would you give a third for JG now? Statistically, he isn't much different than Tua has been, and has accomplished quite a bit more.

I think you are confusing my opinion on Tua specifically with my opinion on what mediocre QBs are worth in trade in general. I'll just end the conversation here, as it seems you are taking offense where none is intended. I'll just add that just because BB found a sucker to take JG, doesn't mean he was worth it.
Im not taking offense lol! Im literally having a chat about QBs worth in trades in the NFL... Its not because I disagree with you that Im taking offense...

I don't see the two situations as similar. Not only did most ppl here think we gave too much, he still had 4 years on his rookie deal, had superior physical ability (obviously not even close in the heart category), and the team was going a different direction (Murray) regardless.

I'm not promoting any agenda. In fact, you are the one who started this highly speculative exchange. Personally, if Tua performs like a top QB this year, I think it would be quite silly to trade him away and roll the dice again. That has nothing to do with what I believe other teams would be willing to give for him today.

the two situations aren't comparable. Tua performed at the very least on an average level, Rosen never did and still got traded for a 2nd.

the two situations aren't comparable. Tua performed at the very least on an average level, Rosen never did and still got traded for a 2nd.
So you believe we could get a rd2 pick for Tua today? That is really what this is about.

Back
Top Bottom