Rumor | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumor

Smacks

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
I just read on a Jet board that the Daily News is reporting Miami could be signing Ike Hillard...
I know the Sun Sentinel is reporting Miami is having Buc WR Charles Lee in for visit...
Can anyone else confirm this or is just the same ole BS running through the rumor mill?

We are interested in him, but i dont know if Saban wants to sign him yet.

:) Another move that just SCREAMS that we are after a QB with the #2 pick. Forget about Braylon Edwards.

dolphingator said:
:) Another move that just SCREAMS that we are after a QB with the #2 pick. Forget about Braylon Edwards.

IMO, you're reading too much into this. First of all, Hilliard or Lee would be brought in here to be a #3 at best. Edwards if drafted, would be a #3 but with prospects of becoming the #1. IMO, we won't draft a QB until the 2nd day since we seem to be set for this year. I say it's going to be Brown, Braylon, or a trade @ #2.

We need either Boston back or draft Chris Henry or Gibson, Vinny Jackson, Larry Brackins is a stud also a healthy Chase Lyman would be nice or Tabb Perry or JR Russell or even a UDFA like Tommy Manus, there are some nice Big Targets and possesion receivers on the draft there is no need to bring some aging scrub here.

Joey 22 said:
We need either Boston back or draft Chris Henry or Gibson, Vinny Jackson, Larry Brackins is a stud also a healthy Chase Lyman would be nice or Tabb Perry or JR Russell or even a UDFA like Tommy Manus, there are some nice Big Targets and possesion receivers on the draft there is no need to bring some aging scrub here.
i couldn't agree more why bring in ike hilliard, if the giants depleted wide reciever corp didn't want him why should we, bring in a young guy and start developing him

Hilliard would be a solid #3 and he might even push Thompson to step up his game!

Hopefully we wont overpay...

Shifty187 said:
Hilliard would be a solid #3 and he might even push Thompson to step up his game!

Hopefully we wont overpay...
that's a good point thompson does need somebody nipping at his heels but i think he needs a younger guy more than he needs an older guy. If we brought in Hilliard that might even snuff out thompson ever getting to really have a legit shot again

jnewmant said:
that's a good point thompson does need somebody nipping at his heels but i think he needs a younger guy more than he needs an older guy. If we brought in Hilliard that might even snuff out thompson ever getting to really have a legit shot again

Im with u on the youth movement!

Shifty187 said:
Im with u on the youth movement!
i'm glad somebody is, i'm tired of all these overpaid, unworthy vets coming in here and draining the salary cap we need to stop acquiring dead wood and start getting some saplings to groom

Dude when you start considering a UDFA better than a crippling washed up WR that means trouble, Hilliard really sucks.

phinfan2003 said:
IMO, you're reading too much into this. First of all, Hilliard or Lee would be brought in here to be a #3 at best. Edwards if drafted, would be a #3 but with prospects of becoming the #1. IMO, we won't draft a QB until the 2nd day since we seem to be set for this year. I say it's going to be Brown, Braylon, or a trade @ #2.

Don't kid yourself, if Edwards or Williams or even Tony Williamson (I think is his name) is drafted they will be opposite Chambers on opening day, no doubt...Booker will be the third reciever and will get a lot of snaps, but those three are clearly faster and have more potential than Booker right now.

If we can get a 2nd round pick for Surtain, then I am all for drafting Edwards at #2 and Fason or Shelton in the 2nd and Wilkerson in the 3rd.... goodness I can't wait for the draft :D

Back
Top Bottom