Rumors in Miami. Multiple #Dolphins players reached out to their agents after the team's ugly 59-10 loss to request trades | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumors in Miami. Multiple #Dolphins players reached out to their agents after the team's ugly 59-10 loss to request trades

Reshad jones should be traded, He has earned the right not to be stuck through a rebuild and it would benefit us to trade him, even if it is for a 4th round pick he is not part of the rebuild plan anyways.

Its a shame but i said it 2 years ago when he was about 27 or 28 sell him right then and we'd have likely got a 2nd or maybe 1st rounder for him.. Too many times i have watched the dolphins keep their players past their prime sell by date.. We did it with Jason Taylor, Joey Porter at least this staff is starting to see the light and use actual F***ing analytics.

As for Raekwon,Drake, and Rosen I wouldn't trade them yet, They are likely not to give us much value in return and they are all still young.. This season i hope we feed the ball to Parker and Drake so we can up their value and sell them off.. Ballage is the better back to build around imo.

Oh yea, it’s going to be real ugly. I’m thinking Brady completes >95%. He torched the Steelers tonight.
I'm thinking it won't be as bad as you think, AB coming into play is going to hurt that offense because right now there are just a ton of weapons and no player demanding to the ball.. I can't realistically see AB not acting out unless you feed him 9 to 15 passes a game he is going to disrupt the chemistry they had today for sure. I also think our players are going to be fired up after this embarrassment..

I say we lose but most likely 28-7 ish not 63 to 10 like today.

I'm thinking it won't be as bad as you think, AB coming into play is going to hurt that offense because right now there are just a ton of weapons and no player demanding to the ball.. I can't realistically see AB not acting out unless you feed him 9 to 15 passes a game he is going to disrupt the chemistry they had today for sure. I also think our players are going to be fired up after this embarrassment..

I say we lose but most likely 28-7 ish not 63 to 10 like today.

I hope they are fired up. I also want to see Rosen start. We are going to lose anyways, no need to delay him from starting. He is likely going to be ruined from last year and this year anyways.

And every self-respecting player knows that losing is every bit a part of the game as winning. And it’s up to those self-respecting players to determine how badly they lose.

I understand what you're saying, but sometimes we tend to glorify the winning and losing and "athletic professionalism" at the expense of understanding this is a job and business for these players.

I think they would look at it more in the way you or I might if we were working for a sinking ship of a company, where half or more your co-workers were lazy and unmotivated, management was unfair and appeared to be just phoning it in, ethical behavior was scarce, etc. Would you stay the course and "do your best," giving it 110% everyday out of some sort of sense of personal ethics? Probably not if you could find yourself other options.

I understand what you're saying, but sometimes we tend to glorify the winning and losing and "athletic professionalism" at the expense of understanding this is a job and business for these players.

I think they would look at it more in the way you or I might if we were working for a sinking ship of a company, where half or more your co-workers were lazy and unmotivated, management was unfair and appeared to be just phoning it in, ethical behavior was scarce, etc. Would you stay the course and "do your best," giving it 110% everyday out of some sort of sense of personal ethics? Probably not if you could find yourself other options.

Why not just dispense with all of the hypotheticals about lazy and unmotivated employees, unfair management, and unethical behavior and just ask "Would you give 110% every day if you worked for the county DOT?"

Would save a couple of sentences. :lol:

Why not just dispense with all of the hypotheticals about lazy and unmotivated employees, unfair management, and unethical behavior and just ask "Would you give 110% every day if you worked for the county DOT?"

Would save a couple of sentences. :lol:

You're right, that's a much more succinct way of putting it. :cheers:

I get the tank but this is absolutely humiliating for the players

They know next week is going to be way worse. If Lamar Jackson and a rookie WR put 60 points on us, immagine the Patriots offense.

I told you guys, if the dolphins continue getting humiliated by 40/50 points the NFL will put a lottery in the draft, this is far beyond tanking, this is really humiliating

I get the tank but this is absolutely humiliating for the players

They know next week is going to be way worse. If Lamar Jackson and a rookie WR put 60 points on us, immagine the Patriots offense.

I told you guys, if the dolphins continue getting humiliated by 40/50 points the NFL will put a lottery in the draft, this is far beyond tanking, this is really humiliating

For me the proper way to tank is where we were heading in 2011, go into the season trying to win with a young QB, but when you're 0-7 just don't stir the pot and let it happen. It is possible to increase your odds at getting a top pick while also having a chance at success at the same time. What we're doing is borderline criminal and may force the NFL to bring in a lottery.

Good on Ross for being the guy to get while the gettin's good, but it also better include a plan to bring in somebody like Harbaugh to take advantage if all the picks and money.

Probably soon to be free agents.

Being in this dumpster fire will hurt their future paydays. I can't blame them either. You think a guy like Drake can post up any decent tape behind this D2 offensive line?

Could very well find himself out of the league with how volatile the rb market is to backs.

I can't blame some players cause this hurts their future paydays. They probably knew this season was going to be bad, but not a 59 point beat down by Lamar Jackson.

Whether the Miami Dolphins lost their season opener by 49 points because they had a bad week, or because the front office is resigned to losing as part of a rebuilding phase, multiple players reportedly want out -- now.

Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio, citing "a league source with knowledge of the situation," reported Sunday that some players wasted little time after their 59-10 blowout loss to the Baltimore Ravens in ordering their agents to get them traded elsewhere.

Suspicions have arisen that the Dolphins could be willing to lose so they get higher draft picks.

This was always a social justice hire (but somehow they even messed that up too). Flores is nothing more than a space holder. Smart people knew he lacked the IQ
Flores is Well respected around the league and a hard worker who worked his way up the ladder. The Dolphins also waited patiently to hire him after his superbowl run when they had other options. His defense was not the most talented in New England but he had a disciplined and well prepared squad every week. How dare you say this is a social justice/affirmative action hire???? What white coach would you have preferred???

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom