Rumors in Miami. Multiple #Dolphins players reached out to their agents after the team's ugly 59-10 loss to request trades | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumors in Miami. Multiple #Dolphins players reached out to their agents after the team's ugly 59-10 loss to request trades

It’s kind of pointless to critique a coaching staff who’s team is full of waiver wire players. The discussion should center around how badly the staff and GM botched the handling of the week after final cuts. They wanted to tank but took it too far.

Be it as it may, it's no excuse to not do your job! Isn't that the Patriots motto? Do YOUR job!

Ok...but 1/2 our OL didn't know their job being there a few days
then one starter is moved the other made inactive
regarding the back end D that I have no idea about

For those players who called their agents asking for a trade (if true) - what was it, exactly, that surprised them on Sunday? Yes, the final score was embarrassing, but why wouldn't they have been lobbing these calls earlier in the week or weeks prior. I listen to NFL radio and podcasts non-stop, and it's been a unanimous prediction that this is the very worst roster/team in the entire NFL. Was it because of the fact they inactivated 2-3 OL for new guys? Was it because they thought the scheming was intentional (to lose)? I didn't think it would be this bad, either, but for players to be this surprised, I just wonder if there's more to it somehow.

I don’t think they are drafting Tua, I think they are trading down for more picks in 2021 and building line and line in this draft then hoping to improve slightly but tank again for Trevor as a final piece with more picks to further build up.

It’s definitely not a one year rebuild after what they have done thus far.
Tua plus a first round center and a 2nd round guard is a solid start. I dont think it waits 2 years.

As bad as yesterday was, I am pretty sure I don't feel worse than most....

Falcons fans.
Lions fans.
Browns fans.
Jets fans.
Jags fans.
Bucs fans.
Bears fans.

I wouldn't trade our "state of the franchise" for any of theirs.

I'd rather have hope (Tua), than Baker Mayfield.
I'd rather have a chance in the future with the No.1 pick, then ride out Matt Ryan's career.
I'd rather have paid late a 2nd for Rosen then the 6th overall pick and three 2nd's for Darnold.
I'd rather have draft resources than have built my team around Mitchell Trubisky.
Try being Detroit.
Where are the other two teams in Florida heading?

So did all those "I want to be traded" players void their contracts and opt-out from greener pastures yet?

Where are the names? Where are the players that apparently played so "well" yesterday and everyone else so badly that they're the exception?

No? No takers?

Honestly, If I were Flo and Co, assuming a player(s) did say that, they would be cut IMMEDIATELY the next day. Get rid of the types of players. That's not who you build your team around going forward.

Anyone not named "X" in the secondary should be thanking their lucky stars that they have a job.

Only big players I could see asking for a trade would be Drake and Reshad. Let em go, Reshad was going to be traded this offseason, but apparently wanted to stay. As far as Drake is concerned, he can go too...I don't see the Fins giving him the money he will want in free agency (not sure what that is).

So did all those "I want to be traded" players void their contracts and opt-out from greener pastures yet?

Where are the names? Where are the players that apparently played so "well" yesterday and everyone else so badly that they're the exception?

No? No takers?

Honestly, If I were Flo and Co, assuming a player(s) did say that, they would be cut IMMEDIATELY the next day. Get rid of the types of players. That's not who you build your team around going forward.

Anyone not named "X" in the secondary should be thanking their lucky stars that they have a job.

Most of the roster is comprised of guys lucky to be getting a pay check and given the chance to grow into a "piece".

Kenyan Drake and Reshad Jones are the only two players I can think of that would complain about the situation. Drake wants a new contract, semi understandable that he doesn't want this on his resume'. I have no if we get anywhere near value on either, they will be sent packing.

Bobby McCain is terrible and very lucky to be making the money he's making. I wish he wasn't on the team so I highly doubt he's complaining. Doesn't leave much room for complaining else where.

Minkah didn't play well enough to open his mouth after the game.

I suspect we are going to kick the tires on a lot of players this season so the roster should look a lot different by seasons end.

It is what it is. I am a big Sixers fan and I know they are better off for having went through the process they did.

Nothing that happened yesterday was a big surprise. Now they can start to work towards something.

It’s kind of pointless to critique a coaching staff who’s team is full of waiver wire players. The discussion should center around how badly the staff and GM botched the handling of the week after final cuts. They wanted to tank but took it too far.

I think this is it. The team was already going to be bad before we swapped our average at best RT to LT, inserted 2 lineman who got here Monday and switched to a 3-4 which added a starting end who also got here around Monday. It's like what the team was preparing to be all off season was thrown away and re-shuffled on August 31st. Again I didn't expect that team to be good, lets be clear, but so much changed on that weekend. My jaw dropped about 4 times and again when I saw the 3-4 depth chart.

Reactions: MD
On Sunday, multiple Dolphins players emerged from a 59-10 loss to the Ravens with a clear message to their agents: Get me out of here. On Monday, coach Brian Flores was asked about the report.
I can’t speak to the accuracy of that one,” Flores said, via Chris Fischer of NBC 6. “We haven’t received any information like that. I think for us we just need to focus on what is going on with in our building and not worry about anything that’s going on outside.”
He’s right, but players sensing the Tank for Tua vibe are in the building. And some of them don’t like the notion that the plan seems to be to tear it down now in order to build it up later.
I’ve got to trust the process of what they’re doing,” cornerback Xavien Howard said recently, channeling NBA-style tank talk. “From [Flores] to the front office. Just trust the process. That’s it.”
Howard, who re-upped for six full seasons when he could have played out his rookie deal, is the one guy who isn’t going anywhere, and thus has no choice but to wait for better days. Others who sense they won’t be there when the process plays out would rather not be there now.

My thoughts exactly X, TRUST THE PROCESS.

ProFootballTalk: Brian Flores "can't speak to accuracy of" report that some Dolphins players wanting outhttps://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/09/brian-flores-doesnt-address-report-of-dolphins-players-wanting-out/

Regretfully this is the type of nonsense we're going to be subjected to
multiple times this season. Last time I checked these dudes are PROs
and they get pain the SAME win or lose.

You wanna make a "statement," do it on the freaking football field!

But I'm sure this kind of corrosive team acid (totally fallacious or
minimally true) is going to gradually wear a hole in Flores gut.

Let's be honest -- it's a $hitburger for all parties...

After yesterday’s performance, the Dolphins probably wouldn’t mind facilitating a few of those trades

Regretfully this is the type of nonsense we're going to be subjected to
multiple times this season. Last time I checked these dudes are PROs
and they get pain the SAME win or lose.

You wanna make a "statement," do it on the freaking football field!

But I'm sure this kind of corrosive team acid (totally fallacious or
minimally true) is going to gradually wear a hole in Flores gut.

Let's be honest -- it's a $hitburger for all parties...

Well, I just learned in this very forum, because offensive guys like Tunsil and Still were traded it means defensive guys can't tackle or cover anymore. I'm not sure how that correlates but apparently that's why the defense played so bad.

Back
Top Bottom