Rumors of Byron Jones purposely delaying return for contract reasons. | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumors of Byron Jones purposely delaying return for contract reasons.

For what it's worth, Byron Jones has the reputation of being one of the smartest and highest character guys in the Dolphins locker room. Ditto his reputation in Dallas. I simply don't believe the OP that Byron is purposely delaying his return for contract reasons. Far more likely that the post surgery rehabilitation hasn't gone as well as expected. The thing that some don't appreciate is that players really like to play football.

Like Megatron said, most guys will do anything and everything to play on Sundays. Regardless of what that is. Drugs, injections, whatever.

Doesn’t matter his contract situation, Byron definitely strikes me as one of those guys. Again we don’t know anything here but I just highly doubt this is the case with Jones. We don’t know what goes on outside of what’s reported, but Byron Jones has always been the definition of a professional in how he handles himself on and off the field. Can’t see him sacrificing the team.

Hopefully we get some resolve soon one way or another.

The team stance from optimistic to play week one to the ‘he won’t practice’ repeat line is getting a little old.

How about a little more of any update? Is he running? Did he have a setback? He was jogging a while back.

A little more of an update might reflect a clearer picture of what is going on- otherwise it brings more speculation.

The team stance from optimistic to play week one to the ‘he won’t practice’ repeat line is getting a little old.

How about a little more of any update? Is he running? Did he have a setback? He was jogging a while back.

A little more of an update might reflect a clearer picture of what is going on- otherwise it brings more speculation.
I think many are taking the lack of information as a "bad sign". Others believe that nothing should be read into it at all.

I can see both POVs, but I tend to believe there is more to it than appears. What that is, specifically, IDK.

Bottom line is time is quickly running out for him seeing the field this season, and I believe his time as a Dolphin, in general.

Perhaps that is what he wants..... out of here.

Many say why would he want out? The team is on the cusp. Or, he has always been a good soldier, that's not who he is. That may, indeed be true, but it also may be that he didn't like the way our Ex-HC was unceremoniously shown the door.

I don't, however, think it is about contract issues.

The team owes us nothing as far as updates other than what they give us.

The team owes us nothing as far as updates other than what they give us.
If you truly believe that, then why do they hold all of those PCs, addressing media questions?

Do they "owe us" anything? Nope, but they realize it is good business to keep the fans/public informed. One must therefore conclude that there is something non-positive behind all the non-comments. I don't know what that is.; Could just simply be big disappointment in the situation. It could also be something else. That's the point. Nobody on either side is willing to put any concrete info out there. Again, do they "owe us" information? No, but the complete lack of it can portend nothing positive.

Fine with me if ppl believe what they want to believe. Religions and empires are built on "head in the sand" followers. Personally, I usually go with logic and reason.

Perhaps his bionic body implants haven't been fully activated yet.
sci-fi GIF by MANGOTEETH

I would imagine the reason the team is not providing a substantive update is because the team and player don’t agree on what the substantive update would be.

The most likely scenario, to me, is that there is no remaining “recovery”—he's healed. It’s just a matter of when he feels sufficiently pain-free and stable on the leg to return to practice.

So the update from McDaniel would be something along the lines of “yeah, he’s healed, the doctors have cleared him. It’s up to him now. Whenever he feels he’s ready, we’ll be happy to have him back.”

I’d imagine he doesn’t say that because the player would be very unhappy with the insinuation that he’s healed and is sitting out based on his personal feelings as opposed to actual lingering medical issues that are causing pain and instability in the leg.

It’s all speculation at this point, but that’s the most likely situation in my mind.

I would imagine the reason the team is not providing a substantive update is because the team and player don’t agree on what the substantive update would be.

The most likely scenario, to me, is that there is no remaining “recovery”—he's healed. It’s just a matter of when he feels sufficiently pain-free and stable on the leg to return to practice.

So the update from McDaniel would be something along the lines of “yeah, he’s healed, the doctors have cleared him. It’s up to him now. Whenever he feels he’s ready, we’ll be happy to have him back.”

I’d imagine he doesn’t say that because the player would be very unhappy with the insinuation that he’s healed and is sitting out based on his personal feelings as opposed to actual lingering medical issues that are causing pain and instability in the leg.

It’s all speculation at this point, but that’s the most likely situation in my mind.
Well at one point a while ago McD said he didn’t want to put him on the field if he wasn’t sure his leg was stable. I mean if could be something like that at this point.

If you truly believe that, then why do they hold all of those PCs, addressing media questions?
I think they're required to by the league. I'm sure BB would gladly not do a PC every again if the league didn't mandate it.

I hope this is not true, but if it comes out that Jones could play but did not because of his contract, Phin Nation will need to go on an anti-Jones campaign to ruin him. It would be 1 thing if he did it in the offseason, but during a season where your team has a real shot at making it to the SB, is a horrible thing to do. I honestly doubt it though because all locker rooms would have an issue with a player doing that to a team and it will follow him.

Back
Top Bottom