Rumors of Byron Jones purposely delaying return for contract reasons. | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumors of Byron Jones purposely delaying return for contract reasons.

Makes absolutely no sense, if your goal is to get a new contract why not play with an injury it’s gonna make that team less likely to want to comit an even longer term deal. The whole article was dumb, guess he had to come up with something so just made something up to get a headline

I would only point out that he has not been placed on IR again..That tells me something right there and it should everybody else too. If he’s done for the year why waste a roster spot?
He has not be placed on IR again because if they do it's for the season and he's "officially" done for the year.

I can't see him suiting up again as a Fin. I follow him on twitter. The silence is defeaning. I've listened to the Dolphin coaches media sessions when he's being mentioned. They give nothing and wont commit to anything positive. Nothing..zero info on him. He's not even plugging his own team on his own social media. Not praising the teams wins let alone making posts about coming back. Pretty obvious he's been advised to stay shtum.
I agree, i doubt he plays for the dolphins ever again. I am just choosing to be an optimist since everything else around the Dolphins seem to have changed.

My point exactly. It also means they think he'll play this year otherwise IR for you.
There is nothing to lose at this point, there is nothing out there to replace him with so the roster spot is a moot point. If a vet DB was available I am guessing he'd be on IR already.

Whoa. Easy there.

The Gesicki thing happened before Tyreek became available. Very few on this board argued against tagging him more than me.

The Ogbah thing? Just no. He did very well prior to this year.

I understand why both players were retained, especially given the timing it. In fairness to me, I felt this way before trading for Tyreek, on both accounts.

I never thought Ogbah had enough of a pass rush to warrant that money. He's solid. His ability to knock down passes made his contract tolerable but I would’ve preferred that he walked, especially now.

I love Mike Gesicki. I am a big fan of who he is. Loved his selection (although I preferred Goedert or Andrews). Any NFL team is better with MG on it vs him not being on the roster. But when you factor $11M in cap space, that’s a different animal.

But I get it, we needed bodies and we finished very strong in 2021. It would’ve been tough to move forward with a new coach by creating holes in the roster and expecting immediate success.

I am just not an Ogbah guy. I need more juice from my DE's.

Last edited:
I think they had to pull him off the list by a certain time or lose him for the year, not sure though
But that has nothing to do with taking a roster spot. Has he even been taken off the PUP list? I didn't see it if he was.

For what it's worth, Byron Jones has the reputation of being one of the smartest and highest character guys in the Dolphins locker room. Ditto his reputation in Dallas. I simply don't believe the OP that Byron is purposely delaying his return for contract reasons. Far more likely that the post surgery rehabilitation hasn't gone as well as expected. The thing that some don't appreciate is that players really like to play football.

I can't see him suiting up again as a Fin. I follow him on twitter. The silence is defeaning. I've listened to the Dolphin coaches media sessions when he's being mentioned. They give nothing and wont commit to anything positive. Nothing..zero info on him. He's not even plugging his own team on his own social media. Not praising the teams wins let alone making posts about coming back. Pretty obvious he's been advised to stay shtum.
Some players aren’t like that gloating about the team, did he do it previous years? Following him on twitter literally gives you no inside info as an fyi. Coaches are also allowed to respect their players privacy, us fans are not required to know everything

Back
Top Bottom