Running Game/draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Running Game/draft

kangphin

Scout Team
Club Member
Reaction score
Sammy Morris averaged 4.0 yards/carry last year behind a bad line. You all saw that the guy has talent. Of course we need a complimentary back to mix it up with him and Travis Minor isn't the guy. IMO, a 3rd round rb selection or a Ricky return would allow us to take that #2 and trade down down down and turn this draft into a cornucopia of picks for us. I believe Saban will restock our fridge with fresh munchables.
One awesome player is great but even with as much talent as I believe still exists on the team we also need a youth movement.

Saban regime
:D :wink: :cool: :tongue: :)

Kangphin

rickys not coming back...we need a back but im very suspicious bout taking one at #2 when rbs can be found in the 3rd

Buddwalk said:
rickys not coming back...we need a back but im very suspicious bout taking one at #2 when rbs can be found in the 3rd

agreed....BPA with the 2nd pick.

IMO it is Braylon Edwards, Let the building begin.

Sammy did respectable considering his line. But I do not think he has the playmaking ability to dominate a game, or to take the 4th quarter on his back when we need to run out the clock.

That is something all the numbskulls pimping Ronnie Brown in the draft are forgetting. They are all lathered up because of his combine speed and catching ability. Well we need someone who can take over a game adn run for 1500 yrds a season. That back is Cedric Benson.

fin-atic said:
Sammy did respectable considering his line. But I do not think he has the playmaking ability to dominate a game, or to take the 4th quarter on his back when we need to run out the clock.

That is something all the numbskulls pimping Ronnie Brown in the draft are forgetting. They are all lathered up because of his combine speed and catching ability. Well we need someone who can take over a game adn run for 1500 yrds a season. That back is Cedric Benson.

I'll say it again...not necessarily in Linehan's offensive scheme...Brown IS the best fit of the backs in this system...Benson IS going to be a fantastic back as well, just not necessarily in this system.

I agree. We need to look at the system we will be running and fit the best possible piece into that system. It may be Ronnie Brown, Braylon Edwards or Alex Smith, I really am not sure at this time. All the speculation will be over in a few weeks and then we have the mini camps to look forward to.

fin-atic said:

I agree with you on the Sammy not going to be able to carry the load part, but i don't think we should draft Benson. Most of his yardage came after contact, but in the NFL the defensive players can tackle way better than college kids. He won't get the yardage you think he will get. Ronnie Brown is the better player.

I don't recall Marshall Faulk, who people say R. Brown is like in skills, pounding the ball in the forth quarter winding down the clock. It's probably bacause his teams were winning by so much by that stage of the ballgame. So do we wan't Rickey Jr. or Marshall Jr. and who fits the Linehan O in a batter way?

BSQX4 said:
I don't recall Marshall Faulk, who people say R. Brown is like in skills, pounding the ball in the forth quarter winding down the clock. It's probably bacause his teams were winning by so much by that stage of the ballgame. So do we wan't Rickey Jr. or Marshall Jr. and who fits the Linehan O in a batter way?

I don't compare Ronnie Brown to Marshall Faulk. If anything his football play reminds me of a younger version of Bo Jackson, but I don't know if Ronnie plays other sports.

Back
Top Bottom