Running Game for this Year? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Running Game for this Year?

Fin Fan in Cali

Fins Up!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I sure hope that we get back to the days of the good ole running game. I miss the days when big ole Jamie Nails would pull out around the corner and clear out two of the opposing teams players, and watch Ricky go! I hope to see that with Brown. My question, do we have the Olineman on our roster to do that?

Some people will say our oline didnt upgrade much....thats false

Heres how it could possibly look week 1

LT - Anthony Alabi
LG - Jeno James
C - Rex Hadnot
RG - Vernon Carey
RT - Stockar Mcdougle

Thats 4/5 new changes on the oline, and a new oline coach...we should be good to go

it might take Ronnie a couple of weeks before he gets into the groove ala Kevin Jones. He may start off slow, but by week 5 or 6 he'll be running defenders over.

Buddwalk said:

LT - Anthony Alabi
LG - Jeno James
C - Rex Hadnot
RG - Vernon Carey
RT - Stockar Mcdougle

Thats 4/5 new changes on the oline, and a new oline coach...we should be good to go

I really doubt Alabi is starting this year.

Buddwalk said:
LT - Anthony Alabi
LG - Jeno James
C - Rex Hadnot
RG - Vernon Carey
RT - Stockar Mcdougle
IMO I don't think Alabi will start this year he's awhile away from being ready, also if it's not McKinney starting at center I think it'll be Smith. Although with improved coaching and a threat at RB we sould have improved O-line play.

Kevin Jones did need those couple weeks to adjust great thinking , but he also took a little bit longer beacuse he missed a couple of games and he wasnt 100% in many of the games to follow but i think. So i think that Ronnie will adjust a little bit Quiker by week 3 our offense will be rollin with a 2 headed monster backfield Ronnie TOTein the Rock 20 times a game and Harris 3-5

ether79 said:
IMO I don't think Alabi will start this year he's awhile away from being ready, also if it's not McKinney starting at center I think it'll be Smith. Although with improved coaching and a threat at RB we sould have improved O-line play.
I think Hadnot will give him a run for his money. If Smith doesn't get it then he will stuck as a back up on this team, so he will be very motivated as well as Hadnot trying to prove himself.

ChambersWI said:
it might take Ronnie a couple of weeks before he gets into the groove ala Kevin Jones. He may start off slow, but by week 5 or 6 he'll be running defenders over.

i can wait--hey Skape i getting close to 300 now

ether79 said:

I'm almost certain that Seth will not be starting at Center this year... could be Hadnot could be smith... Hell I'm sure once Houck gets a good feel for what he has, it could be 4 or 5 different guys that he might try at Center.

Seth had his chance and he blew it IMO.

Caddy24 said:
Kevin Jones did need those couple weeks to adjust great thinking , but he also took a little bit longer beacuse he missed a couple of games and he wasnt 100% in many of the games to follow but i think. So i think that Ronnie will adjust a little bit Quiker by week 3 our offense will be rollin with a 2 headed monster backfield Ronnie TOTein the Rock 20 times a game and Harris 3-5
Good point. I think there we will need at least 4 weeks of game action to gel both on the oline, and running backs. Who knows we may have a new tight end besides McMichael.

Caddy24 said:
So i think that Ronnie will adjust a little bit Quiker by week 3 our offense will be rollin with a 2 headed monster backfield Ronnie TOTein the Rock 20 times a game and Harris 3-5

Why are so many people already writting of Gordon?

We have 3 RB's pratically the same size

Brown - 6' 1" 233 lbs
Gordon - 6' 1" 228 lbs.
Harris - 6' 243 lbs.

Fin Fan in Cali said:
I think Hadnot will give him a run for his money. If Smith doesn't get it then he will stuck as a back up on this team, so he will be very motivated as well as Hadnot trying to prove himself.
I do believe Hadnot has the ABILITY to start but I think Smith attributes will allow him to be a better center than tackle and Saban must see something he likes there to switch him to position he's not used to playing.

Spray Mucus said:
Why are so many people already writting of Gordon?
I am not. There will be a lot of competition this year, and it will be interesting who makes it to the other side. Question to you, what rookies make the team in our backfield, other then Brown if any?

Fin Fan in Cali said:
I am not. There will be a lot of competition this year, and it will be interesting who makes it to the other side. Question to you, what rookies make the team in our backfield, other then Brown if any?

IMO--Brown, Gordon, Harris at RB--Evans, Morris at FB

Back
Top Bottom