Running on fumes the saga continues.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Running on fumes the saga continues..

Built2Win

Active Roster
Reaction score
O Line woes continue as running backs struggle to get 2 yards..
We seen this movie before "the never ending story of running into a brick wall"

Question?
How much do you put that on the running backs or the blocking up front?
Who should be let go in favor of upgrades?

When Pouncey comes back will we see an improved running game?

Lazor is really going to have to get creative to get first downs if they can't get more than 3 yards on a running play.
I expect to see Lazor abandon the running game for the most part if this keeps up.

Keeping RB's almost seems like a waste of the roster. I would keep the rookies Darkwa and the guy from OK, and Miller. Look for a big back at the cuts. Our talent is either unproven or underwhelming. Keep an extra WR or two.

Keeping RB's almost seems like a waste of the roster. I would keep the rookies Darkwa and the guy from OK, and Miller. Look for a big back at the cuts. Our talent is either unproven or underwhelming. Keep an extra WR or two.

Miller has been here over two years now, why is he a keeper?

I think Pouncey will make a big difference.

I also think after we're a few games into the regular season the O line will get better.

If we had Bush, I think it would be easier. Miller needs the panama canal to run through, but he's fast. Cut Thomas and any other RB who sucks.

We need to spread the offense out as much as humanly possible and keep WR's out there, Tanny can run the read option. We need a bandaid until next year. It's all up to Lazor, that's it. It will help when some players like Clay come back, he can open up his playbook some more.

This is all just my opinion. But I've been saying for months the running game is a problem. All we can do is patch things up, because it's no matter what we do, it's not going to be great this year based on our roster.

Is it just me or did Darkwa look like the best RB last night. That might be due to his competition as a 3rd or 4th stringer though

Is it just me or did Darkwa look like the best RB last night. That might be due to his competition as a 3rd or 4th stringer though

He did, he was the RB who stood out to me, has some pop to his game. I'd like to see him stick around.

I agree, but running the read option with Moore and Labato (game 1) didn't help as they are no threat to keep it. If we lose Tanny during the season at all Lazor must change that aspect up

Even competent lines can make questionable running backs look decent, at least semi-consistently. Our running backs are nothing to write home about and if we replaced the entire unit i wouldnt blink. That said, as Dallas Thomas apparently showed yesterday, our line still has disaster areas.

The good news? We are only 2 more first round picks away from it being complete! Just 2 more years and we are good to go! You know, unless we let Pouncey walk. Then its 3 first round picks. And if Alberts chronic back injury takes a turn for the worst then its 4 first round picks...but anyways, eventually it will be fixed. Just gotta keep plugging away at that first round.

Of course Pouncey will make a difference......

When Pouncey sat down last year and Garner took over, the running game actually improved. Pouncey is not a move the pile center or a guy that can consistently pull and get a great block.
It has been so many years since we have had a great center, most around here have never witnessed Dwight Stephenson, Jim Langer, or even Dellenbach who was pretty good.
Pouncey is not in any of those three league IMHO.

We'll find out if the RB makes a difference when Moreno takes 1st team reps on the next preseason game.

Miller has been here over two years now, why is he a keeper?

Miller could be effective because he has some toughness and instincts...not to mention great speed. I would like to see him with a decent line before cutting bait with him.
IMHO, he is just starting to blossom as a change of pace back and I would like to see him as the dump off in the passing game.
Daniel Thomas, cut him.

Getting the team's second best lineman....especially one who is built to excel in this scheme will obviously have a positive impact...

It is going to be interesting to see what happens this week at the guard position....I almost feel like we should send McCoy a thank you letter for exposing an issue in the preseason as opposed to game one.

I dont know about any of you, but wasnt this supposed to be like this? Isnt this what the media was warning about? Mccoy is one of the best in the league. It aint nothing but a learning experience. If pouncey is in there or not, I can gaurrantee you Mccoy will still make big plays.

What needs to happen is coaches need to set up the blocking for double teaming guys like him and use the TE in the backfield more (since there is not FB).

But then again, this is preseason.

One thing is for sure, this is a passing team first. We get alot of our 3rd down conversions via pass.
What i am noticing with this team is that we convert our 3rd downs more consistently.

If anyone was paying attention, RT and the offense was starting to gas that defense even though they were still kinda keeping up. 1 or 2 more drives of 5-6 minutes and those suckers would start to feel it. For their greatness up front, they were getting picked apart all day by both QB's.

Im just happy we are not totally getting sacked every 6 plays myself. Dallas Thomas needs more work obviously, but I think gameplanning a run block sheme against Mccoy would have been more in order when the real sparks fly. Thomas probly got embarrassed a little today in the film room.

Back
Top Bottom