Running Ricky into the ground? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Running Ricky into the ground?

3P

I believe I can fly!
Reaction score
There's a nice writeup about Ricky that I find troubling in the post:

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports...tions/sunday/sports_f32d4aebc227c06c0042.html

Counters Morris: "From a head-coaching standpoint, I understand exactly what he's saying, but the problem with this is that if Ricky Williams goes down, then you're going to be back to nobody back there being the guy. That mentality works for a head coach who knows his job may be on the line, but if Ricky Williams gets hurt doing all this stuff, who's going to be hurting then? I like Travis Minor an awful lot, but he's not Ricky Williams."

Especially Williams. Only Jamie Morris, Butch Woolfolk and Wilder carried more times in a game than Williams' 42 against Buffalo, but a closer look reveals how tough the day was. Thirty-eight of Williams' carries and all but 1 of his 153 yards came up the middle or off-tackle, where he's more likely to take a pounding. Only twice did Williams run out of bounds, compared to nine times when more than one defender was credited with tackling him.

After the game, Williams slept for three hours, then was back at the practice facility to run 2 miles.

"It's easy," he said at the time.

Was it?

Even though the Dolphins had a bye the next week, he followed by averaging 1.8 yards per carry against the Giants. And he failed to break 100 yards for the next six games.

It's Ricky's choice..so..what can we really say? If the guy feels fine the guy feels fine I guess.

Who knows though? We better not cut his career short. I really don't feel like seeing us have a all pro RB finally and not even win the SB. Couldn't do it with Dan..now we can't do it with Ricky.

Back
Top Bottom