RunRickyRun34's 7 Round Dolphins Mock V 2.0 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RunRickyRun34's 7 Round Dolphins Mock V 2.0

RunRickyRun34

Practice Squad
Reaction score
RD 1 (Pick 16) Manny Lawson OLB North Carolina St.

An amazing athlete with rare ability. Has outstanding speed and quickness with a great burst. Extremely explosive. Tremendous pass rusher off the edge. Good agility and can drop into coverage. Smart player with good instincts. Good tackler. Makes plays in space. Productive and can be very disruptive. Vertical jump is higher than the device used to measure that stat. Has a lot of upside. Manny Lawson is a long, lanky end with incredible speed and athletic ability. Lawson is a converted linebacker that has successfully bulked up over his college career to become a legitimate prospect at the defensive end position. Many teams will be desiring his speed off the line at the next level with the most interest coming from teams that employ the 3-4 defense. Similar professional players include Rosevelt Colvin and a poor man's Jason Taylor

RD 3 (Pick 82) Kyle Williams DT L.S.U.

Kyle Williams is one of the more underrated defensive tackles in the country. He has outstanding quickness from the interior line and is able to get into the backfield with surprising regularity. Williams has a motor that runs on high at all times and he brings an intensity and effort that inspires his teammates. He is a leader in every sense of the word. He never gives up on a play and will often run a play down from behind (downfield). He is as hard-working as they come. Williams teamed with Claude Wroten to form one of the best DT tandems in the country. And the two complimented each other quite well. Relentless and has a motor that never stops. An excellent athlete with good quickness...Moves well and makes plays all over the field. Gets good penetration into the backfield...Smart and technically sound. Tough with a nasty demeanor on the field...Durable with a lot of experience. Team leader with top intangibles.

RD 4 (Pick 114) Devin Aromashodu WR Auburn

Devin Aromashodu is a big-play receiver with the height to get up over the defender to make a catch in traffic and the speed to outrun the defender once he has the ball in his hands. He averages nearly 20 yards per catch and has a number of homerun catches in his Auburn career against some of the best defenses in the nation. He also has experience as a kick returner, averaging more than 28 yards a return in 2004. Aromashodu is a fearless wideout who has no problems going across the middle or laying out for a tough catch.

RD 7 (Pick 212) Keith Ellison OLB Oregon St.

Has great instincts. A very good natural athlete. Productive. Does an excellent job in coverage. Has the frame to get bigger. Solid tackler and good blitzer. Has good range and makes plays all over the field. Active and has a non-stop motor. Began his career at San Diego St. before transferring to a JUCO and ultimately ending up with the Beavers. Probably a weakside prospect for the next level who if nothing else will be a valuable contributor as a backup and on special teams.

RD 7 (Pick 226) Terrance Pennington OT New Mexico

Has outstanding size and huge frame with long arms. Very strong and works hard in the weight room. Displays good feet. An excellent pass blocker. A solid athlete with good quickness. Pretty good technician. Still has a lot of potential. Played left tackle in college but might have to move to the right side at the next level...Would certainly seem to have the measurables.

RD 7 (Pick 233) Justin Holland QB Colorado St.

Pretty good athlete. Mobile and can throw on the run. Has a decent arm. Is an accurate passer. Smart and a hard worker who wants to get better. A team leader with top intangibles. Had a great senior campaign. A bit of a gunslinger. Despite playing poorly in 2004, Justin won the starting quarterback job for the Rams, and he performed well in 2005, drastically improving his game in all aspects. He plays in a system that QB's succeed in and have recently graduated one into the NFL, Brad Van Pelt (7th round to the Denver Broncos in 2004). Justin is a tough player who gives you 100% each game and is pretty mobile for a QB. At 62%, he has a good competition percentage and he improved his accuracy in 2005.

Motion said:
Not bad. Although I definitely don't see us using any picks on a QB. We may bring in a UDFA, but we've already used 3 picks from this draft on QBs, maybe more depending on the Harrington deal.

Just someone to keep around on the practice squad

Motion said:
Not bad. Although I definitely don't see us using any picks on a QB. We may bring in a UDFA, but we've already used 3 picks from this draft on QBs, maybe more depending on the Harrington deal.

we used a 2nd on Cullpepper and a 6th on Lemon, I count 2

phinfan999 said:
we used a 2nd on Cullpepper and a 6th on Lemon, I count 2

Yeah your right. Don't mind me.

Were all set at Tackle I believe. We need G and C.

RunRickyRun34 said:
Thanks, I tried to make it kind of realistic too, I see a lot of mocks out there with many pipe dreams

yea i know what you mean. each pick could very well happen and if it fell exactly like that i think we come away with a very good draft.

Back
Top Bottom