RW McQuarters: #2 CB ???? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RW McQuarters: #2 CB ????

HybridPHIN 23

the N E W Dolphilbins
Reaction score
Haven't seen much of this guy at all...... definitley heard the name tho.
I'm curious as to whether or not you guys think he'd be brought in as a starter or for depth. I just don't know his value as a cover corner. I know he could challenge Welker for return duties.

Judging by the photo of him on the main page you could probably consider him a physical corner.

the guy has talent. hes a bit inconsistent. if we were to sign him , i think he starts over daniels,edwards, and howard.

personally he's not that great and reggie howard could easily beat him out for the spot. All i remember is a play where the safety on the bears got an interception, and instead of blocking the guy, R.W. McQuarters kept calling for the safety to lateral the ball to him. So the safety ended up being getting tackled by the guy that McQuarters definitly should have blocked.

Thanx.. I've been hoping we could UPGRADE the CB spot. Looks like we have a good shot at landing him.

If the pats can win superbowls with the scraps they had at CB.... then I'm confident Saban can work with what we have.

Saban4prez said:
personally he's not that great and reggie howard could easily beat him out for the spot. All i remember is a play where the safety on the bears got an interception, and instead of blocking the guy, R.W. McQuarters kept calling for the safety to lateral the ball to him. So the safety ended up being getting tackled by the guy that McQuarters definitly should have blocked.

i hear ya. like i said, hes inconsistent. one day hes Deion, and the next, hes sehorn

Did you guys see the Thanksgiving game? I think he returned a pick for a TD. He does look like a physical CB.

Other then 1 good season in 2001 hes been nothing but average!

I'd rather give PT to a young buck like Travis Daniels!

If we sign McQuarters it should be as a depth/rotation guy!

M359 said:
Did you guys see the Thanksgiving game? I think he returned a pick for a TD. He does look like a physical CB.
He had two picks that day, but he was tackled at the opponent 5 and fumbled one of them.

From what I heard from Vikings fans (who play Chicago two times a year), he's a bit overrated in pass coverage but pretty good overall and an excellent returner!

He had 2 pick last year both vs dallas. He can play the ball pretty well and pretty strong as a tackler. He gets beaten by the double move when he does get beaten but he has strong recovery speed and great wheels overall. He has problems with taller and stronger wrs despite the fact hes got great jumping ability cause hes simply not that big. If you watch him play you see hes got good upside but he may be a player who never reaches it cause I question his work ethic. Then again its tough as a bear to find a reason to work hard when you know youre on a last place team every year. Worth a shot if the price is right imo.

By the way, that scouting report is out of my memory so if you find something contradicting dont flame me too bad; its based on what ive seen of him and teh conclusion ive drawn.

The thing I like about signing RWM is that he has had lots of potential but never fully lived up to it. Saban is an amazing DB coach and I really feel that he can bring out the best of RWM and help him reach his potential. I feel he will be able to come in and compete for the #2 spot with Reggie and it will be a good competition. If RWM cant beat out Reggie for the #2 CB spot I see him playing FS for us.

Nasty

RW is a poor man's Dre Bly: lots of flash, but will make lots of big plays for both sides. I think he'd be a good nickel corner; he's best at covering a small, fast slot receiver.

phunwin said:
RW is a poor man's Dre Bly: lots of flash, but will make lots of big plays for both sides. I think he'd be a good nickel corner; he's best at covering a small, fast slot receiver.
Im not so sure; he seems a lot more physical and less of a risk taker. Bly is an all or nothing guy; he either makes the pick or gets burned. RW is pretty good in coverage and less prone to try and make the big play when it doesnt present itself.

Back
Top Bottom