RW will be a Dolphin next year. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RW will be a Dolphin next year.

From the article....

<QUOTE>That's a negotiator talking. No coach, and certainly not one as bright as Saban, would plan his football team around a flake who already has abandoned it once. Remember, though, that Ricky owes the Dolphins $8.6 million for breach of contract, according to an arbitrator's ruling. Delicious stuff, this is, with ramblin' Ricky on the hook rather than the other way around.</QUOTE>

This is all hype. Saban's trying to get him to come back for trade bait. Why would we want a flake like that around? The team capt's have probably been coached on what to say to the media, see Zach and Madison's interview yesterday?
Saban's trying to recoup something for this dimwit. It's all posturing till we get him to come back, then find another sucker who will trade for him. It's too bad Ditka isn't a HC somewhere.

cowtowndick said:
Sorry - good point.

I wasn't tryin to bust on ya, just these threads are too many to count. I just can't wait till the draft when we all have something to write about. BTW, welcome to the site.

lotion said:
From the article....

<QUOTE>That's a negotiator talking. No coach, and certainly not one as bright as Saban, would plan his football team around a flake who already has abandoned it once. Remember, though, that Ricky owes the Dolphins $8.6 million for breach of contract, according to an arbitrator's ruling. Delicious stuff, this is, with ramblin' Ricky on the hook rather than the other way around.</QUOTE>

This is all hype. Saban's trying to get him to come back for trade bait. Why would we want a flake like that around? The team capt's have probably been coached on what to say to the media, see Zach and Madison's interview yesterday?
Saban's trying to recoup something for this dimwit. It's all posturing till we get him to come back, then find another sucker who will trade for him. It's too bad Ditka isn't a HC somewhere.

Can we trade him to a college team....I hear Pitt may need a RB :lol:

Hey, no offense taken - thanks for the welcome. Love the site, love the posts, LOVE THE 'PHINS!!!

IMO, if Ricky is coming back, then there is no way we draft a rb that high. The signing bonus on the #2 pick will be around 15 mil and there is no way cap-wise that the Phins will be able to pay their running backs about 10-12 mil of the cap. I think if Saban knows if Ricky is coming back to play then the Phins take a qb or wr. I personally hope we trade down a few spots to avoid paying the outrageous signing bonus that the first rounders make.

:deadhorse:badpc::spank::samurai::booyeah::hitself::chair::nerd::cp::cointoss:

Even if Ricky was to come back, I believe we won't hear about it until after the draft. I don't think Saban will tip his hand one way or the other. I mean if it's announced Ricky will return to the Dolphins before the draft, then everyone will believe one of the 3 RBs is not an option.

yankeehillbilly said:
Incorrect. Ricky owes the money whether he plays for the Phins again or not. The money is a penalty for violating the terms of his contract. No matter what Ricky does in the future, the fact remains that in July of 2004, Ricky violated the terms of his contract, and so unless Wayne decides to forget about 8 million dollars, Ricky will still owe the money.

Sure the contract is still valid but only enforceable by both parties...if both parties agree to a new contract either informally or formally that new contract will then supercede the previous contract.

:cooldude:

Back
Top Bottom