Ryan Fitzpatrick would look good in Dallas | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Fitzpatrick would look good in Dallas

You are well informed. Give you that. Even if its true... So I put up four HOF qb who did not have a so call mentor. You counter with one. My point stays, mentor is overly stated. Anyway, no pissing contest here bro. Go fins.

Yep, not at all attacking you or your view, trying to see if could steer it/have a different look on it. It's damn there midnight and been working 10 hour shifts so I don't have it in me to rack my brain for other examples, so will just leave it with this point...

Go Tua(with or without mentor) and my last swing of the bat to convince ya.. when you don't have a mentor type of role, you get a player like....... Ryan Leaf!

Yes, Fitz would do well in Dallas but we will be crazy to let him go. He is our best backup behind Tua. A trade would be a stupid move IMO.

Jarrett Stidham is likely better than Fitzy.

Brian Hoyer is a slightly younger Fitzy.
Stidham sucks! No way he’s better than Fitz.

Fitz wouldn’t fix the Cowboys and nobody is trading for him so this argument is moot. The Cowboys should go after Winston. He’ll play chuck and duck with that WR corp and may have success.

I love Fitzpatrick! I would hate to lose him but if he went to Dallas that would be great for both parties. I'd still be routing for him, except if they end up playing miami in the super bowl

Stidham sucks! No way he’s better than Fitz.

Fitz wouldn’t fix the Cowboys and nobody is trading for him so this argument is moot. The Cowboys should go after Winston. He’ll play chuck and duck with that WR corp and may have success.
I've heard he was a decent prospect. And he was in the running to start for the Patsies this year before they signed sCam.

If I had to pick one, I'd go with Stidham (not for the Dolphins, just in general).

1. Fitz can teach Tua
2. Fitz can back up if Tua out for a play or a game.
3. Regardless of any no trade contract clause that may or may not be there, Fitz the man deserves respect from us. Trade to Cowboys IF he is ok with that.

Why would Flores get rid of the heart of this team? Guys the biggest mentor for all those kids in the room, I wouldn’t trade him for anything right now.
As much as I’d love to see Tua start this would be a bad idea IMHO.
So if Dallas offers a second round pick, you wouldn't take it? Come on man!

No one is giving up a 2nd for Fitz let alone that **** show in Dallas. He's worth more to us than a 6-7 anyway but imo Fitz doesn't want to leave to start somewhere else, especially a terrible team going no where. Does anyone think he wants to pack up his 6 kids and start in a new system when he's getting paid well and loves being in Fl

No one is giving up a 2nd for Fitz let alone that **** show in Dallas. He's worth more to us than a 6-7 anyway but imo Fitz doesn't want to leave to start somewhere else, especially a terrible team going no where. Does anyone think he wants to pack up his 6 kids and start in a new system when he's getting paid well and loves being in Fl
He worth somewhere between 2nd and a 6th. Let's be real. Never under estimate the stupidly of nfl front office. Last time i checked, a team hired Gase.

Yes, Fitz would do well in Dallas but we will be crazy to let him go. He is our best backup behind Tua. A trade would be a stupid move IMO.
A good backup is valuable when the starter is a top flight qb. In our case, if we need to bring Fitz back, that means Tua can't hack it in nfl or suffers a major injury. Either way, we need to draft another qb. So Fitz come back in and give you a 8_8 or 7_9 season, what good does that do?

Last edited:
A good backup is valuable when the starter is a top flight qb. In our case, if we need to bring Fitz back, that means Tua can't hack it in nfl or suffers a major injury. Either way, we need to draft another qb. So Fitz come back in and give you a 8_8 or 7_9 season, what good does that do?
He knows the system, has a great relationship with Tua and is a hit away from going back in and wont miss a beat. Is Fitz the long term back up plan, no way but for this year hell yea. Of course we need another younger backup next year but no way does a 7th rounder and sending Fitz off in a week help us. No one is going to offer anything more, cant see it

I would tempt Jerry for picks like a third this year and a fourth next year

Fitz and his 50/50 balls with those WRs would be heaven

Heck Jerry might even trade a second??

I wouldn't do that right now... at least not unless they send Miami a 1st.

That's how valuable a backup, still tutor Fitz is to Miami.

Back
Top Bottom