Ryan is done as a Dolphins if we have a successful season | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan is done as a Dolphins if we have a successful season

If Cutler wins the Super Bowl his hot wife is riding him to the sunset.

HE GONE

If Cutler wins the Super Bowl his hot wife is riding him to the sunset.

HE GONE

U think so? Jay wins a Super Bowl, Miami giving Him at least 20 mil a season for the next two. He can work for Fox for the next 20 years he probably wont make that kind of coin.

Honestly, if last week someone suggested that Tannehill was going to lead this team to a Super Bowl win, he would have been mocked by all but the most delusional kool-aide drinkers-- and rightly so.

But now we're supposed to seriously consider that a guy they plucked out of the broadcast booth is going to win the Super Bowl with this team-- somehow leapfrogging the Patriots who've done nothing but get better, and overcoming a questionable at best defense-- and decide Tannehill's fate accordingly.

Delusional isn't a strong enough word actually. It's as if a good percentage of the fanbase thinks the Dolphins actually got better once Tannehill got injured.
Spectacular post! :thumbsup

If we have RT next year, we need to draft a QB in the 3rd round or so like the Giants did this year. If we dump RT and go with Cutler coming off a wild card and a win in the playoffs, we have to draft a QB in the 1st round because both are QBs would be old. Even with a playoff win, we have to go back to RT so we can use that 1st rounder on another area of need. Money wise we would come out ahead with RT too. Cutler would want $15 million plus to return. There's 5 or 6 mill in dead cap by cutting RT. The smart move is Tannehill regardless of what happen this year. This year's goal should be to keep the momentum of last year. No 5-11 and a retreat back to a garbage team. If Gase can get us to 9-7 and sneak in to playoffs again, our needle should be straight up in 2018. We get our QB back, all our skill guys are a year older, some young studs emerging on D, etc. Then we draft some OL in rounds 1 and 2 again.

Well, this is kinda easy. If Cutler wins?

Who is Adam Gases GUY?

RT or JC.

It really is that simple.

Well, this is kinda easy. If Cutler wins?

Who is Adam Gases GUY?

RT or JC.

It really is that simple.
Depends what Cutler "wins." Cuz last season RT was well on his way to delivering the first playoff appearance since 08 while putting up if not elite, then superior numbers. If Cutler merely matches that, given his age, how his own body is breaking down, I maintain that RT will still be Gase's "GUY"

These conditions are easy to judge when we quantify Cutler's achievements as a Super Bowl win or Championship win.

The reality of the real decision may be a lot murkier.

What if he matches RT's record and also loses in the 1st playoff game, then what?

What if he wins a playoff game, then what?

The reality is it could come down to near mirror performances and only a few differentiating details; age or injury status.

I think it is also more realistic that RT would not renegotiate. But Cutler is on a 1 year deal.

So, what if it comes down to RT returning as the starter, cutting Moore and convincing Cutler to stay and hold the clipboard a few more years. It is not the best financial situation, but might be the realistic bridge to finish RT's contract and begin grooming a draft pick.

That's how complicated I think this decision will ultimately become. I think everyone has picked the wrong QB as the one that would be cut. I think Moore is the obvious casualty and the challenge becomes keeping Cutler around ala Bernie Kosar.

Depends what Cutler "wins." Cuz last season RT was well on his way to delivering the first playoff appearance since 08 while putting up if not elite, then superior numbers. If Cutler merely matches that, given his age, how his own body is breaking down, I maintain that RT will still be Gase's "GUY"

Cutler (who I am not a fan of) can give you enough years to bring in a rookie that is if he wins this year.

RT has a bum wheel and will miss the entire season. I don't know what his cap hit is next year, but you really don't know what you are getting back. Those 2016 numbers may have been his best but they are far from elite.

Again with the pros and cons if Cutler wins its Gases GUY that will get the nod.

Soooo if Cutler wins a Super Bowl this year and still wants to play, and wants to play for Miami . . . .obviously on a contract making around 2 years, 40 million . . . Do you really say "Nah Jay we rollin with Ryan and gambling on his knee and mentality to help us accomplish the same thing . . . but thank you for the ring that Marino couldn't even get"

Gimme a break. I have come a long way in regards to 17 but that is crazy talk and I am hoping this crazy talk is just a result of people not believing Jay could accomplish that feat this year.

You obviously attempt to trade Ryan and draft a QB . . . Or you ask Ryan to take a substantial paycut as Moore is a FA.

You don't let Cutler out of the building if he brings a Lombardi trophy to Miami.

Well, that's not gonna happen.

When at any time, during any pre-season of Jay Cutler's career did fans talk about Superbowls?

Here's what I'm praying for:

- He plays well enough to have us at 4-1 or 6-2 first half-ish of season.

- RT comes back and takes over. No surgery, no "who's our QB next year" debate.

When you retire from the game, you're heart can't be in it except for the money part. Then again, i wonder how much this guy's heart has ever been in it. Then there's this: he isn't good. He will play well in spurts only to follow it up with a bumbling, stumbling turnover-laden performance where interceptions and fumbles are handed out like candy on Halloween.

I really can't see Cutler managing the type of game that will be required to beat the likes of a NE. He will press instead of taking what the D gives. I hope I'm wrong and the fact we are a run-first team is going to help. We can still be a playoff team. I just struggle believing this guy has the mental makeup to manage complete football games, game in and game out.

Soooo if Cutler wins a Super Bowl this year and still wants to play, and wants to play for Miami . . . .obviously on a contract making around 2 years, 40 million . . . Do you really say "Nah Jay we rollin with Ryan and gambling on his knee and mentality to help us accomplish the same thing . . . but thank you for the ring that Marino couldn't even get"

Gimme a break. I have come a long way in regards to 17 but that is crazy talk and I am hoping this crazy talk is just a result of people not believing Jay could accomplish that feat this year.

You obviously attempt to trade Ryan and draft a QB . . . Or you ask Ryan to take a substantial paycut as Moore is a FA.

You don't let Cutler out of the building if he brings a Lombardi trophy to Miami.

What's crazy talk is the Dolphins winning the super bowl. If you preface your argument with that, you're talking outlandish circumstances that don't really warrant discussion.

Back
Top Bottom