Ryan is done as a Dolphins if we have a successful season | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan is done as a Dolphins if we have a successful season

The only way Gase dumps on Tannehill is if Cutler wins a Super Bowl. Shy of that Ryan will be starting next year.

What's crazy talk is the Dolphins winning the super bowl. If you preface your argument with that, you're talking outlandish circumstances that don't really warrant discussion.

Hey it beats all of this entitled negativity anytime someone tries to prop up the next guy attempting to play QB for the Fins not named Ryan Tannehill.

There are circumstances where Jay Cutler can absolutely make this a conversation heading into 2018. I don't expect that to happen but that doesn't mean I have to turn a blind eye to it or root against it.

Funny thing is, there is an even more outlandish thread on the front page talking about what if Ryan Tannehill comes back this year and people seem to be discussing it just fine . . .welcome to pre regular season forum conversation.

Judging by your recent posting history you just plain out don't like Jay Cutler, which is your choice. I don't know a ton about him, really based on alot of stuff others say about him, but Adam Gase likes him and has history with him, so that has merit with me. I know he has got a hell of an arm and hopefully a huge chip on his shoulder to prove his doubters wrong.

Last edited:
If Cutler plays well, trade Tanny for a nice pick or two, and then draft Baker Mayfield() and Logan Woodside...

Then tag Landry and after he threatens a holdout, trade him for a nice pick or two.

Then you cut a few vets who are overpaid and you have the table set for a massively successful off season.

If anybody offers me a 1st for Tannehill next offseason, I'm taking it.

Look at what happened to Tom Berenger's career after that. Maybe not the best comparison.

He ran out a bunt in the ALCS that helped them win the pennant and had some Rene Russo buns later that evening. Seems like the old guy did well on that team.

Unless you mean the actor literally, but he certainly hasn't had a problem finding work since 1989. Maybe nothing like Platoon but its been decent.

Still a classic movie and hopefully something we can relate to this year.

If we win the Super Bowl w/ Cutler, I may retire as a Dolfan. Bow out while on top just like what Cutler would most likely do.

No matter how good Cutler is this year, even if he puts up 60 td's 8000 yards, i'll always think "Tannehill would have done better" I guess you can tell where my loyalties lie.

No matter how good Cutler is this year, even if he puts up 60 td's 8000 yards, i'll always think "Tannehill would have done better" I guess you can tell where my loyalties lie.

That is as honest as you can get and perfectly fine. There are a lot of people on this site who have that same mindset but aren't as willing to be so blunt about it.

Luckily for Cutler and unlucky for Tanne, the offense "seems" improved all around.
So, this year, Tanne should have had a good year, but now Cutler is running the show, so he should do fairly well, I hope.

It's a business and business conditions change. There is nothing keeping Tannehill in Miami next year, his contract is very sheddable and now he has an injury history. I can say one thing I don't care if Cutler makes the pro-bowl and Tannehill comes back better than ever........I want to draft a QB next year now. I've been thinking about this for some time now and there is no conclusion where I don't take a QB in at least round 2.

It's a business and business conditions change. There is nothing keeping Tannehill in Miami next year, his contract is very sheddable and now he has an injury history. I can say one thing I don't care if Cutler makes the pro-bowl and Tannehill comes back better than ever........I want to draft a QB next year now. I've been thinking about this for some time now and there is no conclusion where I don't take a QB in at least round 2.

I'd say at round 4 at the latest no matter what happens, but if we just get horrid QB play this year and have a poor year, I'd move QB to the top of the list and draft one in the first round and go into 2018 with Ryan and that pick in a legit QB battle.

We blew a first and a second on Dion Jordan, we can spend a first on a QB that would solidify our back QB position and give us major insurance with Ryan in case he has another setback.

This is Ryan's team. He will start 2018.

Unless Cutty (and im rooting for him, hes talented) takes us to conference champ/SB, then he will not be here in 2018 unless he decides to be a backup, which wont happen.

Jay Cutler wont do anything RT didnt display last year. He was making plays and playing at high level. He was blossoming. Even when he went down, the TEAM still made the playoffs.

Draft a QB early next year regardless.

But this is still Ryan's team for the next 5 years. imo.

Soooo if Cutler wins a Super Bowl this year and still wants to play, and wants to play for Miami . . . .obviously on a contract making around 2 years, 40 million . . . Do you really say "Nah Jay we rollin with Ryan and gambling on his knee and mentality to help us accomplish the same thing . . . but thank you for the ring that Marino couldn't even get"

Gimme a break. I have come a long way in regards to 17 but that is crazy talk and I am hoping this crazy talk is just a result of people not believing Jay could accomplish that feat this year.

You obviously attempt to trade Ryan and draft a QB . . . Or you ask Ryan to take a substantial paycut as Moore is a FA.

You don't let Cutler out of the building if he brings a Lombardi trophy to Miami.

Trent Dilfer

Back
Top Bottom