Ryan Tannehill Didn’t Consider Audible On Third-and-10 Versus Indy. Here’s Why | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill Didn’t Consider Audible On Third-and-10 Versus Indy. Here’s Why

Read they took his ability to audible away. If that's the case they suck. Not allowing the QB to change the play based on a pre snap look is dumb coaching, case closed.

What if he audibled without permission anyways? What would be the worst thing they can do to him?

I want to Alpha quarterback and Alpha wide receiver, hell I want a few more alphas at other positions as well. I don't think a player will succeed let alone be a Hall of Famer in the NFL if he's not an alpha male.
Always my problem would 17, too nice of a guy and doesn't have the it Factor or winner or Alpha quality that the great ones have. It's like Grace, you either have Grace or you don't have Grace.

"Alpha" players on this team get traded away thanks to Gase's fragile ego and non existent people skills... and Tannehill is a complete @ss kisser.

Gase & Tannehill = Sparano & Henne

Any ideas that if Tannehill had the option to audiblize at free will would change things is lunacy.

I remember when the fans jumped all of Lazor that he was the problem. For one, Lazor made it clear that within in nearly every play call there are short, intermediate and deep routes and it "IS" up to Tannehill to decide when to take those shots.

Second, when Tannehill was allowed to be part of the game planning under Zac Taylor and have full audible privileges after Lazor was fired the game plan was the same of throwing the ball around the LOS and screens. The Dolphins offense put up 77 points in the final 5 games for 15.4 ppg average.

It was easy to see that when Moore came in to play under the same OC's Tannehill had he would start chucking the ball down the field.

Gase can be blamed and I'm not saying he isn't part of the problem, but I don't think any coach would last long letting Tannehill drop back in the pocket, going through progressions and throwing the ball down the field. He lacks both pocket awareness and ability to make good decisions with regularity, particularly under chaos (look at Cincy game in 2nd half).

The only way to have a chance with Tannehill is to get the ball out of his hands quickly and let the team around him try to win the game. Where Gase can be blamed is three years in he hasn't given a legitimate effort to improve the QB situation in Miami. And if he is going to rely on the team around him to win the game he better be able to coach talent and not trade it away because he can't.

I find it weird that Brock challenged the sticks and the middle of the field a lot more than Tannehill... I don't have stats to back it up but its just feels that way.

Tannehill is a beta which is an absolute killer to have at the qb position. If he was a wr this would be fine. He doesn’t care if he wins or loses, he is just happy to play the game and cash checks.
I wonder what percentage of players actually care if they win or lose. I mean...they get paid the same regardless of the outcome.

Read they took his ability to audible away. If that's the case they suck. Not allowing the QB to change the play based on a pre snap look is dumb coaching, case closed.

First, "I’m not out there just checking to all types of plays" doesn't sound like anyone "took his ability to audible away."
Second, from memory, neither Cutler nor Moore audibled that much and Cutler was familiar with the O and was a veteran with lots of starts. That sounds more like Gase gave them limited audible opportunities.

I wonder what percentage of players actually care if they win or lose. I mean...they get paid the same regardless of the outcome.

Very few. The NFL is a business, it's not a sport anymore. It's all about the next contract, millionaires doing whatever they want to, and whining if they don't get to. All you have to do is look at what's going on in Pittsburgh with the Steelers.

If you have any interest in the NFL above or beyond your fantasy football team, you're just torturing yourself. If you actually think the players or owners care as much as you do, well - whom is paying who...

Very few. The NFL is a business, it's not a sport anymore. It's all about the next contract, millionaires doing whatever they want to, and whining if they don't get to. All you have to do is look at what's going on in Pittsburgh with the Steelers.

If you have any interest in the NFL above or beyond your fantasy football team, you're just torturing yourself. If you actually think the players or owners care as much as you do, well - whom is paying who...

Stop shattering the dream! (illusion)?

LOL

Really BIG $$$ ruins everything --- not just sports.

But hey -- I'll stick to sports in this case:

NASCAR back 25+ years ago (on the ascension) offered terrific races and compelling action (!) week in week out.

Once they got super $uccessful with all brand new "me2 corporate drone racetracks" abandoning the ROOTS of the sport --

well that started a slide that continues...

Of course losing Earnhardt (Sr.) greatly accelerated the curve...

Bottom line --- anything that's massively popular succumbs to the mediocrity of $$$$ dominance

Back
Top Bottom