Ryan Tannehill Is Optimistic For The Future | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill Is Optimistic For The Future

Disagree. Nothing I’ve seen from him in 7 years indicates that he’s particularly sharp, though people love to say this.

I agree completely. Run of the mill. His post game interviews can be copied and pasted from year to year.

Very standard responses. He never surprises by taking the conversation where you wouldn't expect.

Bokamper will ask him about the importance of something and Tannehill has the same response every time, "It's huge."

1 year at 26 with Ryan or 1 year at 13 without? So pay him 13 for not being on the team and pay another guy 10 to keep the seat warm for a rook. Or pay RT 26 and see what he has while drafting a rook. No brainer to me.

Einstein was the smartest football player of all time, too bad his arm was weak.

And I disagree with not being “particularly sharp” guy went through 4 years college, graduated, and he even had pre reqs for med school. He also convinced an NFL team to pick him 8 overall to be a starting qb. Call him whatever else you want but don’t call him not sharp.

I am as big of Tannehill fan as there is, but he can't put together IKEA furniture...

I'm in the minority but with that contract, I willing to give him one more year. I also want to spend a high draft pick on a QB - the highest that makes sense - not a reach. I also want to do the same thing in 2020 unless the 2019 pick sees the field and lights it up.

1 year at 26 with Ryan or 1 year at 13 without? So pay him 13 for not being on the team and pay another guy 10 to keep the seat warm for a rook. Or pay RT 26 and see what he has while drafting a rook. No brainer to me.
He won't have a playoff appearance, or a Super Bowl...I say tank the season and get pics at the deadline and position in the '20 draft to take a shot at a top tier QB.

Before a Tannehill supporter says, "You don't know what you're getting in that rookie," I'll reply, "No less than I've gotten out of Tannehill for the past 7 seasons."

I agree completely. Run of the mill. His post game interviews can be copied and pasted from year to year.

Very standard responses. He never surprises by taking the conversation where you wouldn't expect.

Bokamper will ask him about the importance of something and Tannehill has the same response every time, "It's huge."

Hehe, the Bokamper line is spot on. I think the guy is obviously smart, his education tells us that, I'm sure he's able to digest the complexities of the offense but he's clearly not got football smarts, he really doesn't understand the game they way he should, that's all too evident in his pocket presence, which for a 7 year vet is absolutely criminally bad.

Last edited:
He won't have a playoff appearance, or a Super Bowl...I say tank the season and get pics at the deadline and position in the '20 draft to take a shot at a top tier QB.

Before a Tannehill supporter says, "You don't know what you're getting in that rookie," I'll reply, "No less than I've gotten out of Tannehill for the past 7 seasons."
That's ridiculous.

You could get Bryce Petty or Ryan Leaf or Christian Hackenberg or Jake Locker or Nathan Peterman.

Jamarcus Russell anyone?

And I disagree with not being “particularly sharp” guy went through 4 years college, graduated, and he even had pre reqs for med school. He also convinced an NFL team to pick him 8 overall to be a starting qb. Call him whatever else you want but don’t call him not sharp.

We have different definitions of "sharp."

That's ridiculous.

You could get Bryce Petty or Ryan Leaf or Christian Hackenberg or Jake Locker or Nathan Peterman.

Jamarcus Russell anyone?

Oh ffs then let's not bother drafting anyone. It's such a risk !

Oh and you missed one name from your list, Ryan Tannehill.

Hehe, the Bokamper line is spot on. I think the guy is obviously smart, his education tells us that, I'm sure he's able to digest the complexities of the offense but he's clearly not got football smarts, he really doesn't understand the game they way he should, that's all too evident in his pocket presence, which for a 7 year vet is absolutely criminally bad.

Nothing wrong with his pocket presence.

He got $45 mil guaranteed from Stevie Ross, he has a hot wife, two beautiful children and he's 30 years old. Hell yeah, he's optimistic as hell about the future. I think even my miserable azz could find a way to be optimistic.
Hahahaha when you put it like that...

Gase giving Tannehill unconditional support would be reason for optimism. Never thought I'd see Tannehill get two separate regimes fired but looks like we are about to.

Back
Top Bottom