Ryan Tannehill Is Optimistic For The Future | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill Is Optimistic For The Future

That's ridiculous.

You could get Bryce Petty or Ryan Leaf or Christian Hackenberg or Jake Locker or Nathan Peterman.

Jamarcus Russell anyone?
Think top 5 QBs in the draft...although I'm done with the Tannehill experiment in general.

It will be hilarious when the Dolphins move on from Tannenhill, Brady retires, and Bellicheck signs Tannenhill and then wins a SB with him.

I think that would be peak Dolphins.

Bruh, It doesn't work like that.

If u cut him next year he gets nothing from us . . . The team just takes on dead cap from the money he received from us already from signing bonuses.

Keeping him means Ross pays him 18 million in 2019 .. . .AND if it doesn't work out and we cut him the year after we STILL would have to take a dead cap hit of 5.5 million.

There is a ton of financial incentive to cut bait next year.

This is not correct. With his restructure, Tannehill is going to cost this team at least $19mm in cap money between 2019 and 2020. There is no way around this. If the team cut him the day after the season ended, this is still true. If the issue is with how much Steven Ross actually pays Ryan Tannehill independently of how if affects the team, who freaking cares (other than the guy questioning whether her earned his money)?

Bruh has a point. Cutting him next year makes very little sense, unless you get Bridgewater on the cheap and draft a rook. That being said, how long does Bridgewater stay healthy behind the Fins O-Line?

This is not correct. With his restructure, Tannehill is going to cost this team at least $19mm in cap money between 2019 and 2020. There is no way around this. If the team cut him the day after the season ended, this is still true. If the issue is with how much Steven Ross actually pays Ryan Tannehill independently of how if affects the team, who freaking cares (other than the guy questioning whether her earned his money)?

Bruh has a point. Cutting him next year makes very little sense, unless you get Bridgewater on the cheap and draft a rook. That being said, how long does Bridgewater stay healthy behind the Fins O-Line?

who cares what it costs, we need someone new. let him go to another team.
after all the aim is 8-8 regardless.

who cares what it costs, we need someone new. let him go to another team.
after all the aim is 8-8 regardless.

I think the question is, who? Who are you getting for $13mm who is an upgrade over Tannehill when he's healthy?

Man, this has a very Brees type feel about it doesn’t it?

Similar stats leading to a fan base turn, QB gets shoulder injury, you know the rest...

Similarities continue...

Man, this has a very Brees type feel about it doesn’t it?

Similar stats leading to a fan base turn, QB gets shoulder injury, you know the rest...

Similarities continue...

That is not the similarity I was thinking of.

Regardless of whether or not one likes or dislikes Tannehill when he's healthy...he isn't. And he's not going to be fully healthy the rest of the year. I cannot see any way the Fins don't draft SOMEONE at QB in the first 2-3 rounds of the 2019 draft. 2020 is an afterthought at this point. I advocated it this past draft, and more so now. Get a healthy kid with upside. You can't catch lightning in a bottle if you don't pick up a damn bottle.

I forgot about this organizations ability to properly evaluate shoulder injuries...lol

It's always easy in hindsight. Brees's injury was pretty damn severe. I'm not defending what the Dolphins did, but Dr. Andrews really pulled off something special with Brees.

Now, I'm not Tannehill's biggest supporter in the world, but this is a dumb statement. Are all the highly touted rookies lighting the league up this year? Yep, they really are.
One more thing...how many teams are moving forward with a 30 year old QB who has rarely been above .500, let alone the playoffs?

When you come up with that list, can you tell me how well the franchise is run?

I wouldn't cut him and then draft a QB, it should be the other way around. In fact, even if I drafted one this year, I keep RT for at least one more season, probably 2

What the hell for ? To eat up your salary cap ? To sit on the sidelines out injured while being paid 10's of millions ? To be totally uninspiring when he makes the rare appearance on the field ? To mentor a QB into being just like him ?

I can only think of Stafford off the top of the head. Not sure if that’s a good example or bad example. But never the less, he never seems to get the same flacks tannehill does and he’s not that much different...

Back
Top Bottom