Ryan Tannehill Is Optimistic For The Future | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill Is Optimistic For The Future

Man, this has a very Brees type feel about it doesn’t it?

Similar stats leading to a fan base turn, QB gets shoulder injury, you know the rest..
Similariities continue...
Absolutely, similar college career, similar flashes of brilliance, similar leadership qualities displayed, similar 7 whole years of ineptitude shown to that point. They are practically the same person, I've changed my mind, we absolutely must do everything in our power to stop Tannehill leaving this organisation, it's a cast iron certainty we will regret it !

What the hell for ? To eat up your salary cap ? To sit on the sidelines out injured while being paid 10's of millions ? To be totally uninspiring when he makes the rare appearance on the field ? To mentor a QB into being just like him ?
starting a rookie QB right away is usually bad for the player and the team. He needs time to learn and you need a starter in the meantime

Absolutely, similar college career, similar flashes of brilliance, similar leadership qualities displayed, similar 7 whole years of ineptitude shown to that point. They are practically the same person, I've changed my mind, we absolutely must do everything in our power to stop Tannehill leaving this organisation, it's a cast iron certainty we will regret it !

Cool story bro...

See how quick I can be sarcastic? Try that method from now on...

This is not correct. With his restructure, Tannehill is going to cost this team at least $19mm in cap money between 2019 and 2020. There is no way around this. If the team cut him the day after the season ended, this is still true. If the issue is with how much Steven Ross actually pays Ryan Tannehill independently of how if affects the team, who freaking cares (other than the guy questioning whether her earned his money)?

Bruh has a point. Cutting him next year makes very little sense, unless you get Bridgewater on the cheap and draft a rook. That being said, how long does Bridgewater stay healthy behind the Fins O-Line?

That's what I'm hoping for. If he gets injured behind the OL, then oh well. Go back to Brock and go hard at a QB in the 2020 draft.

We don't NEED that starter to be Ryan Tannehill.
No, but the money is already committed. RT costs $20+ million either way. You would pay him the dead money AND a another starter($10-15 million) who's just a place-keeper?

I think sometimes players get a bad rap when an injury will not get worse its just a matter of playing through pain. When its part of his throwing motion its hard to imagine that it would not effect him. Only natural.
I think it DOES affect his throwing motion.
Some of these injuries to the shoulder limit how far you can bring your arm up, whether you can deal with the pain or not when it gets to a certain point.

No, but the money is already committed. RT costs $20+ million either way. You would pay him the dead money AND a another starter($10-15 million) who's just a place-keeper?
I'm not certain, but I think if he's cut, it's a cap hit around 13 mil.
If he's here, it's about 26 mil.
But, you make a good point. Cut him and take the 13 mil cap hit, PLUS pay someone else 8-10 mil? Then, you getting close to the cost to keep him.
IMO, it was a BAD deal to begin with.

1 year at 26 with Ryan or 1 year at 13 without? So pay him 13 for not being on the team and pay another guy 10 to keep the seat warm for a rook. Or pay RT 26 and see what he has while drafting a rook. No brainer to me.

Or design him a a Post June cut and save save a lot more money, and use that money to land some freaking OL and DL to improve the talent of the team so the next "could be franchise QB" has a team that can help him winning games. Next year we can get by with a bottom QB like Osweiler or whoever wants to play for peanuts, and to be honest the outcome wont be really different as having TaMEHhill and his bottom 3rth of the league talent. I promise you we wouldnt get far with him anyway. So getting rid of almost 20 million dollars Is the real no brainer.

He won't have a playoff appearance, or a Super Bowl...I say tank the season and get pics at the deadline and position in the '20 draft to take a shot at a top tier QB.

Before a Tannehill supporter says, "You don't know what you're getting in that rookie," I'll reply, "No less than I've gotten out of Tannehill for the past 7 seasons."

You can get less dont be mistaken. But I would instantly take the risk when trying improve the 20th something best QB on the league and I am putting lots of second and third year QB above him. A 7th year veteran playing way worse than Mahomes, Goff, Wentz, Watson, Cousins, Wilson, Newton and Ryan (the "young" ones) And of course you have Brees, Brady, Rodgers, Rivers, Roethlisberger who are way better and others like Dalton, Stafford, Luck and Smith that have achieved a top 15 offense on their career. Something TaMEHhill has never done. If you include QBs with potential like Garoppolo, Mayfield, Darnold, Mariota, you get the feeling that we require some kind of "effort" to improve our situation. Just keep searching and dont get attached with another 20th something talent.

It's complete folly to pay someone who can't get on the field (and when he does hardly lights it up) $26million to be a stop gap. Cut him take your $13million penalty and bring in another QB you can rely upon to be available for the $13million you save. You would probably want him on a two year deal to mentor your draft pick, so you probably don't even have to pay him the full $13 million you have available, we got Cutler for $10million on a one year deal.

nah man ryan is out of guaranteed money. refer to overthecap or the recent salguero article. he is owed nothing if cut.

I'll simply ask...if you had a chance to get Baker Mayfield in last years draft, would you have taken him.

Furthermore, if you had a chance to get Baker Mayfield today...would you get him?
Absolutely. But I read your post to mean this year. He's not better currently than tannehill (bar the fact tannehill injured obviously)

One more thing...how many teams are moving forward with a 30 year old QB who has rarely been above .500, let alone the playoffs?

When you come up with that list, can you tell me how well the franchise is run?
Franchise is terribly run. And they should be drafting a QB for sure, and should have done so before now

Back
Top Bottom