Ryan Tannehill Is Optimistic For The Future | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill Is Optimistic For The Future

It's complete folly to pay someone who can't get on the field (and when he does hardly lights it up) $26million to be a stop gap. Cut him take your $13million penalty and bring in another QB you can rely upon to be available for the $13million you save. You would probably want him on a two year deal to mentor your draft pick, so you probably don't even have to pay him the full $13 million you have available, we got Cutler for $10million on a one year deal.

WHO?

It's complete folly to pay someone who can't get on the field (and when he does hardly lights it up) $26million to be a stop gap. Cut him take your $13million penalty and bring in another QB you can rely upon to be available for the $13million you save. You would probably want him on a two year deal to mentor your draft pick, so you probably don't even have to pay him the full $13 million you have available, we got Cutler for $10million on a one year deal.
So you pay basically the same amount of money and still have to find another QB to run your offense for 2 years? I'm also seeing $13.4 million for 2019 and another $5.5 million for 2020

This is not correct. With his restructure, Tannehill is going to cost this team at least $19mm in cap money between 2019 and 2020. There is no way around this. If the team cut him the day after the season ended, this is still true. If the issue is with how much Steven Ross actually pays Ryan Tannehill independently of how if affects the team, who freaking cares (other than the guy questioning whether her earned his money)?

Bruh has a point. Cutting him next year makes very little sense, unless you get Bridgewater on the cheap and draft a rook. That being said, how long does Bridgewater stay healthy behind the Fins O-Line?

Dude, it is absolutely correct. You really don’t understand the cap that well.

1. If you cut him after the season, the dead cap hit is $13,423,334. That is all that Miami would be hit with and Tannhill does not get another cent.

2. Miami has the option to June 1st him to split it. If they did that they would be hit with a dead cap hit from the original extnsion and the restructure in 2019 and the restructure in 2020 . . . Which also = $13,423,334 in total.

4. There is no $19 million dollar dead hit ever on this deal. Stop adding the 2 dead cap hits from 2019 and 2020 . . . Because that is what u are doing and its wrong.

3. Love how you guys wanna spend Ross’ money with a guy who can’t say on the field. You are right, I don’t care what he spends . . . .I am sure he does tho.

And again...this is completely wrong. I don't care who said it.

Actually you are completely wrong . . . There is no more guaranteed money left. That Tannehill force is strong with you when refuse to believe something that is absolutely true.

So you pay basically the same amount of money and still have to find another QB to run your offense for 2 years? I'm also seeing $13.4 million for 2019 and another $5.5 million for 2020
these could wk. flacco is up grade to thill17.
it would be win for fan by making playoff. it would be win by Adam. he keep his job for 2 yr. while he look to draft his qb for future.

1. If you cut him after the season, the dead cap hit is $13,423,334. That is all that Miami would be hit with and Tannhill does not get another cent.

2. Miami has the option to June 1st him to split it. If they did that they would be hit with a dead cap hit from the original extnsion and the restructure in 2019 and the restructure in 2020 . . . Which also = $13,423,334 in total.

4. There is no $19 million dollar dead hit ever on this deal. Stop adding the 2 dead cap hits from 2019 and 2020 . . . Because that is what u are doing and its wrong.

3. Love how you guys wanna spend Ross’ money with a guy who can’t say on the field. You are right, I don’t care what he spends . . . .I am sure he does tho.

Actually you are completely wrong . . . There is no more guaranteed money left. That Tannehill force is strong with you when refuse to believe something that is absolutely true.

$13,423,334 is too much dead cap for this team to take on, especially after the Suh dead cap hit. If we cut RT it would be the stupidest thing we could do for this team in 2019, as we would also have to pay for a new QB which we absolutely cannot afford (with RT dead cap hit). You give RT until 2020 because that's when the good QB class comes in, and his dead cap hit is only 5.5 mil if we cut him before the 2020 season which is the logical approach. How much money is/was guaranteed and how much Ross has paid him is completely irrelevant, the cap is the only thing that matters to the fans. If billionaire Ross were to cut him based on his own financial incentives which have nothing to do with the team, then he's the worst owner in the NFL.

Last edited:
these could wk. flacco is up grade to thill17.
it would be win for fan by making playoff. it would be win by Adam. he keep his job for 2 yr. while he look to draft his qb for future.
Flacco isn't really an upgrade and I don't see him playing for less than $13 million

So ck said that in addition to the capsule injury, RT has a small labral tear as well....

Flacco isn't really an upgrade and I don't see him playing for less than $13 million
I think he is short term up grade. we still need draft qb for future. well I would pay him 22m. I think we could make playoff w him and adam together. what choice does Adam have. if he keep thill17 and he get hurt. they both going get fired in 2020. if thill17 doesn't get hurt. we still might not make playoff next yr.

Last edited:

Since you decided to be condescending about it:

1) You're right about the $5 million in 2020. That activates if they make it a post 6/1 cut. My error. So it's 13 and change instead of 19 and change between the two years.

BUT

2) We're crossing over terms between guaranteed money going into Tannehill's pocket vs. guaranteed money against the Dolphins cap. I don't care about the former. And as much as you think it's great that we're spending Ross's money, it's sweet that you want to play financial consultant for him. There are people suggesting that the Fins can cut Tannehill next year and have it mean absolutely nothing toward the cap. And that just ain't so.

I think the question is, who? Who are you getting for $13mm who is an upgrade over Tannehill when he's healthy?

The problem is you have to go back 4 years for when he was healthy. So that is not a valid question. Anyone making a decision without including health as a factor is not smart.

I think he is short term up grade. we still need draft qb for future. well I would pay him 22m. I think we could make playoff w him and adam together.
$35 million in one season to two QBs that aren't the future? :bobdole:

Back
Top Bottom