Ryan Tannehill Is Optimistic For The Future | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill Is Optimistic For The Future

While that may not be your approach, I didn’t pull that out of my ***. There’s been plenty of posters on this forum who have said they were totally fine with riding the Brocketship in 2019 because there isn’t any falloff in performance.

For the love of god I hope we hit on someone in the draft but there’s a 75% chance it won’t be 2019. I’d lay money on that much. And if we take someone high-mid in 2019, no matter the circumstances of how that year unfolds, we will not be taking anyone in 2020.

Then we can all meltdown trying to figure out when and where to make the next leap ultimately comintunuing to free fall.

There is literally nothing to be happy about as a Dolphin fan now, or even probably within the next 5 years.

Failing to hit on the QB we drafted in the first round 7 years ago is why we are in this mess, it's a crap shoot, but a route you have to go down, and go down fully not half committed with a mid round QB draft pick. You talk about the next 5 years, were you really having fun the last 7 watching your boy in all those playoff appearances ?

The biggest mistake though was taking this long to realise it, compounded with a silly contract that you doubly compound by reworking to make this break painful. You've sometimes got to take your medicine, it's was our own damn fault.

Smdh, when we get someone else and all these things all the same people have been bitching and moaning about still remain, perhaps you will see where my loyalties remain.

When we once again try to reach for someone who will overcome all of the problems instead of adequately fixing said problems and actually building a team perhaps you will see what most of us are talking about.

A QB doesn’t change the rest of the team. It doesn’t make the defense tackle, it doesn’t make your pass rushers quicker, it doesn’t make the offensive line into something it’s not, it doesn’t change who your coach is, it changes nothing but who gets the ball after the snap.

These past 7 years you have seen an organization try to build a team and fail to do so repeatedly.

Ending the experiment as most of you all say is fine. But So what, one guy changes it all?

Nope, these next few years will be the same story all of have been read the better part of the last 20 years in a new cover sheet. That’s all. Nothing more. Just a new QB jersey to wear...

Stop it. No it's not. The answer is to cut the injury prone, less than spectactular "superstar" we have masquading as a franchise QB, and with the money you save bring someone else in that's a little bit better than Brock fing Osweiller, still plenty of scope to do that.

At the end of the day the absolute best course of action they should do is think long term, write off 2019. Cut Tannehill, Jones and whoever else is too old or not good enough to help you long term, make sure all those penalties are consumed in 2019. Bring in anyone, but not Brock, because the fan base like yourself is too anti for that ever to be a good idea, even in this scenario. Have a high draft pick in 2020 because quite frankly your team is not good enough and start building around the new QB you've drafted. They'll never take this approach though because they are too short sighted.

You better bring in some straight Nathan Peterman type stuff in order to have a high draft pick. Gase will win games with whoever we put out there if they are at least some what competent. Proven last year with the Cutler, Moore, and Fales trio.

If we go this route, we are going to eat thill money by cutting him, pickup a mediocre QB in free agency. This will likely lead to another 6-9 win season. Or we can go this route

Keep Thill, cut Brock, and keep Fales. If thill's arm falls off, we eat the cap, and play fales and probably get our brains beat ensuring a high draft pick. If thill's arm doesn't fall off, we make the playoffs or finish around 8-8 and we are in the same position as getting a half ass QB in free agency.

He got $45 mil guaranteed from Stevie Ross, he has a hot wife, two beautiful children and he's 30 years old. Hell yeah, he's optimistic as hell about the future. I think even my miserable azz could find a way to be optimistic.

Guaranteed career earnings....$106M.

$ made to date as of this year.....$67.5M

Guaranteed career earnings....$106M.

$ made to date as of this year.....$67.5M

Sorry, I was talking only about the guaranteed dough on that last contract he signed. So yeah, $22.5 million MORE reasons to be optimistic so far. Atta boy Ryan

Back
Top Bottom