Ryan Tannehill Nfl Deep Throws | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill Nfl Deep Throws

...its only fair...
I agree. I've a;ways said that Thill is not some franchise saving QB that some on this board make him out to be. Ryan is an average to maybe a little above average QB. We'll see if he can remain healthy. There is nothing going on other than the OTA. The video is just to satisfy my Dolphin fix.

After watching that, all I have to say is....no one can get behind a defense like White Lightning.

He has taken his sweet-ass time developing, I think he is ready and better than a just above average QB....going into the top 10 this year

He can make the throws. Couple things I've noticed. Hartline has great hands but lacks speed. I don't miss Wallace. Our o line was terrible

It's funny - two of my best friends are Panthers and Seahawks fans. That throw at :54 was just stupid. He was going to get impaled, and he knew it, so he couldn't step into the throw. All arm, and it went right through Wallace's hands. I was watching it with my Panthers friend, turned to him and said, "There are people on the site I go to who are going to blame that on Tannehill." He looked at me and said, "Then they're idiots. We should have lost that game."

Edit: Looking at it again, he did step into it, but he definitely had to shorten the step. Still a hell of a throw.

This is another area where Ryan has improved as his career has developed. Being able to connect with receivers for the TD outside of the red zone. In 2012 thru 2014 he was only able to connect 13 times which forced the Dolphins to complete long drives to score points. In 2015 and 2016 alone he connected 17 times outside the red zone for a big improvement in long TD's. Overall the 30 TD passes outside the red zone is still very low compared to other QB's but the fact that the last few years are improved give me hope the upward trend can continue. You really need those long TD's to get your scoring average up to the league average.

its only fair...

Most of these are passes that were being thrown away, or a defender got a piece of, you can easily create a video of these types of from any QB.

On the other hand, the 1st video that showed how good Tannehill can throw deep when given time (even when not given enough time with a few of them), it show ridiculously perfectly placed passes, that you can't create a video with just any QB.

Back
Top Bottom