Ryan Tannehill One Of The 25 Biggest Cash Payouts In 2018 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill One Of The 25 Biggest Cash Payouts In 2018

So, is there anyone here that thinks we should have paid Landry? I know he would have paid him the franchise money this year, but OMG, the Browns are paying him 21 mil this year!

I'm not concerned about other Qbs. I was uncertain about Ryan before he got hurt although I dp recognize the solid performance at the end of his last season. I can't say he's going to come back as that guy or the guy before that 8 game stretch so it's an unknown to me

Kind of an odd description (supplanted), not sure what they are getting at...it was obvious the team performed worse last season with Cutler at the helm.

If you look at the names above him....the 17 million doesn't seem all that bad.

Yeah, I found that word a little out of place about the circumstances. “Supplanting” usually implies that the guy beat you out for your job. Maybe he meant “substituting”. Makes me think this was written by a sophomore in high school carrying a strong c-minus in vocabulary.

Funny how some are trying to convince themselves that this is a good deal. Meanwhile Brady, Russell Wilson, and Ben Roethlisberger are making less than Tannehill, those teams are the real winners and ita not even close. But let's continue to compare our franchise with the jags and blake bortles contracts and tell ourselves it's ok.

Funny how some are trying to convince themselves that this is a good deal. Meanwhile Brady, Russell Wilson, and Ben Roethlisberger are making less than Tannehill, those teams are the real winners and ita not even close. But let's continue to compare our franchise with the jags and blake bortles contracts and tell ourselves it's ok.

Yeah, well, those teams can get discounts on good QBs because they have a track record as good organizations and their QBs want to compete for the super bowl.

Our team has a track record as a clown show that's on fire, as the clown fire truck sprays vegetable oil on the flames to put them out. If a QB wants to compete for a super bowl, why on earth would they take a discount to be here?

The article references "cash payout". That's the money Tannehill earns this year and is a totally different thing to his cap number, which is 8.7 million in 2018. Compare that to Brady's 22 million, Roethlisberger's 23.2 million and Wilson's 23.8 million cap numbers for 2018.

Also, just taking one year of the contract in isolation to evaluate if it's a good deal or not is questionable, much less cash payout in a single year. Yearly average salary and guaranteed money for the life of the contract is the way to measure contracts against one another. These are Tannehill's numbers compared to the QBs you mentioned (all numbers at the time of signing, no restructrings included because that makes those contracts not comparable). All those QBs signed their contracts in 2015 except for Brady who signed in 2016. So this makes them pretty comparable if you ask me.

AVERAGE SALARY
Wilson 22M
Roethlisberger 22M
Brady 21M
Tannehill 19M

GUARANTEED MONEY
WIlson 32M
Roethlisberger 31M
Brady 28M
Tannehill 22M

Not sure how anyone can conclude that Tannehill's deal is worse than any of these other QBs.

Cap # is all that matters, but nice try none the less lol.

Back
Top Bottom