Ryan Tannehill to Mike Wallace | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill to Mike Wallace

Fin_Frenzy_84

Starter
Reaction score
I know we havent signed Mike Wallace yet but all signs are pointing to him being the Fins next number one receiver BUT there is also still a chance we can be disappointed.

That is not what this thread is about though I just want you guys to think a minute.

Im pretty sure Tannehill had one of the most accurate deep balls in the league if not the best statistically. Just imagine the numbers Tannehill and Wallace can put up!
A lot of people are iffy about giving Wallace all that money and yes he will be overpaid where ever he goes but we need to surround our young QB with weapons and right now Tannehill is probably drooling over the fact we might sign Wallace.

That deep ball to Wallace would be great to see next year!

Tannehill to Wallace definitely opens the possibility for things we haven't seen since the 90's. I'm 100% sold on Tannehill's arm after last year, and Clyde Gates Wallace is not.

If you watch highlights of Wallace with roethlisberger you will notice Wallace bailing him out more often than ever imagined. Tannehill can buy time with his feet and his accuracy is a strength. If you don't believe me then watch the back shoulder pass to Armon binns vs he pats that was dropped. Tat back shoulder pass not only had me excited at the moment but for the next 15 years
Ryan tannehill has the tools and that sob is top 10 smartest quarterbacks in the league. He is the equivalent of what you want at quarterback.

sounds great, but 30 other teams may well be interested as well. Signing Wallace is not a given. Dont be pissed at Ireland if we miss out on him

all the Fins have to do to sign any big name free agent is say 2 words Lebron James

Im excited in general because we will not be starting the season with naanee and Mathews, and yes Binns, who will be working with Thill this whole offseason so those close games will be easier to deal with in early part of the season. The core will be deeper with more experience with RT.

Lebron James had his choice of any city any team we need to tell these athletes there is a reason Lebron James took his talents took his talents to South Beach especially if Cleveland or any other team is going to make a run at Mike Wallace or any free agent we need to say Lebron James signed with a Miami team for a reason

Lebron James had his choice of any city any team we need to tell these athletes there is a reason Lebron James took his talents took his talents to South Beach especially if Cleveland or any other team is going to make a run at Mike Wallace or any free agent we need to say Lebron James signed with a Miami team for a reason

Um..... Lebron James signed with the Heat because he was able to orchestrate a mini-dream team down here in Miami. Something tells me if Mike Wallace could call up a few of his buddies and form a mini-all madden team with the Browns or any other team, they would get it done.

Also, keep in mind Lebron like alot of elite NBA players make triple the amount of money off the court. (Shoe deals, Gatorade, etc...)

So to say Mike Wallace would go to Miami because of the city? Doubt it.

STRAIGHT CASH HOMEY!

Im pretty sure Tannehill had one of the most accurate deep balls in the league if not the best statistically.

You are way off here. Tannehill started the season throwing the deep ball well. He went 4 for 7 with 1 TD and 213 yards and on passes thrown over 31 yards.
he was mentioned as having deep ball accuracy. And then that was the kiss of death. After that he missed his next 8 passes thrown over 31 yards and did not connect the rest of the season.
In those 8 passes were several sure TD's to Hartline, another to Fasano and yet another to Bush.

In the end he went 4 for 15 for 1 TD and 1 Int and 213 yards. That is no where near the top of that statistical category.

Now will he get better with wallace on the other end? I would think so because he has no where to go but up in that category.

I'm not so sure Wallace is going to open up the scoring for us though. In pittsburgh the last few years there offense has only been slightly better than ours.

---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

link to Tannehills deep ball accuracy stats, he has alot of work to do.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/splits/_/id/14876/ryan-tannehill

Man..... I can see the future and it's a vision of this site shutting down the day of free agency with everybody thinking Wallace is a lock to Miami because of 'Agent speak' and opinions of guys like Adam Schefter. Get ready sitemaster :bobdole:

Wallace has 4 catches on passes over 31 yards last year with 3 TD's and 219 yards

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/splits/_/id/12601/mike-wallace

Hartline by comparison had all 4 catches by RT17 over 31 yards last year with 213 yards and 1 TD

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/splits/_/id/12568/brian-hartline

2 more long TD all sesason long. not much difference there.

But Wallace can take a short slant and take it all the way. There is one big difference.

No, the big difference is that Wallace is 100 times the deep threat that Hartline is. No one is afraid of Hartline as a deep threat. You'll never see a CB bailing with a Safety over the top against Hartline. Against Wallace? This is standard. Wallace isn't a top-5 WR, but he's a top-3 deep threat. Hartline is not a deep threat. D's dare Hartline to beat them deep.

Holy crap, Hartline was our only deep threat last year.

If you look even further at RT17 stats and look at passes thrown over 21 yards, you'll find he only completed 14 of 42 passes thrown for more than 21 yards. Those 14 completions resulted in 519 yards and 3 TD's. Of those Hartline caught 10 of the 14 for 400 yards and 1 TD.

We need to get RT17 and hartline some help.

Back
Top Bottom