Ryan Tannehill trade could be a smart move by the Dolphins | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill trade could be a smart move by the Dolphins

There is no such criteria. Why do you guys keep this myth going?? It all should have died forever with Daunte Culpepper. You can void a trade if a team tried to send you a player without disclosing the injury, but you can trade for a dead guy if know it ahead of time and you still want to make the deal.

You guys? What myth? I didn't say you couldn't do it. I asked "who in their right mind is making the trade?"

Nobody needs to disclose anything because EVERYONE already knows Tannehill is coming back from surgery.

No GM is trading a high pick (or any pick) for a player coming off injury WITHOUT a physical.

To be honest, I doubt anyone is willing to step up and trade for a guy who missed the last 20 games in a QB rich draft.

Quarterbacks’ careers are not shortened by ACL injuries, but the number of games they play declines as some end up as backups. Among players who were Pro Bowlers before their injuries, 85 percent returned to play football. Only 30 percent made it back to the Pro Bowl.
In the last 10 years, how many pro bowl QBs tore their ACL? I suspect there's a serious lack of sample size to draw any conclusions here... And on top of that, Some QBs go to a probowl and never go back even when healthy...

Last edited:
In the last 10 years, how many pro bowl QBs tore their ACL? I suspect there's a serious lack of sample size to draw any conclusions here...

Yes I realize sample size is small. Did you even read the article?

This is what I think the Dolphins should do.

1. Fire Gase and hire a new coach and staff
2. Trade Tannehill.
3. Move on from Landry, Suh, James, Kiko, Branch, Pouncey and any player who costs too much against the cap.
4. Draft a QB
5. If he struggles play his backup right away
6. If his backup struggles play the 3rd stringer right away.
7. Hire a new coach and staff.
8. Don't ever, ever pay anyone, keep the best cap situation in the league. Strictly build the team by good drafting and scouting as soon as anyone gets good and commands a big salary let them walk.

If this doesn't work the same plan will hold true for every season until it does. We will probably suck for a long time but at least this website will be happy.
Kind of what us fans have been going through for 2 decades anyway unfortunately.

In the last 10 years, how many pro bowl QBs tore their ACL? I suspect there's a serious lack of sample size to draw any conclusions here... And on top of that, Some QBs go to a probowl and never go back even when healthy...
Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Ben Roethlisberger, Joe Flacco, Carson Palmer, Matthew Stafford have all had ACL or MCL tears

Yeah yeah yeah the talent around him is no good. Yet everyone keeps saying the WRs are the strongest position on the team. Rodgers has no talent around him but you couldn’t tell when he’s actually playing. When he’s out the team is horrific despite the same players there but competing when Rodgers is in. Same thing with the Colts, terrible defenses and O-lines ( worse than Miami) around Luck yet they’re competitive when Luck is playing. When Luck is out the Colts are trash. Texans with superior talent are nothing without Watson. 49ers were awful, insert a quality QB and all of a sudden they’re competitive and beating good teams.

If Tannehill needs to be surrounded by pro bowlers on both sides of the ball just to be slightly above average than Miami has a huge problem on their hands. It’s a shame people aren’t going to realize that Tannehill is the problem until after Miami moves on from him.

The most talented teams in the league can’t do anything with with a mediocre QB.
Yes dude, but you are forgetting the Dolphins made the playoffs with Tannehill under center. Look, I'm not necessarily a Tannehill fan, but let's give the guy some more positive credit.

It's not like Tannehill properly used his athleticism anyways, he's a pure pocket Passer to me so all he really has to do is step up. He makes all the throws but it would kill me to see open green on the right on 3rd and 5 and he's looking left for Landry.

Again a bunch of drama queens in a Tannehill thread. Who woulda thought...

Philadelphia wouldn’t trade Foles for Tannehill straight up? LOL. Of course they would. In a heartbeat.
A 3rd round pick at best for Tannehill? LOL. He’d get you a 1st even with his medical condition.
Tannehill not being a social media guy is an indication that he’s either not committed to come back or he knows he’s going to be traded? LOL. Social media...enough said.

I think I have never used more than one LOL in the same year. 2018 already breaking some records.

Again a bunch of drama queens in a Tannehill thread. Who woulda thought...

Philadelphia wouldn’t trade Foles for Tannehill straight up? LOL. Of course they would. In a heartbeat.
A 3rd round pick at best for Tannehill? LOL. He’d get you a 1st even with his medical condition.
Tannehill not being a social media guy is an indication that he’s either not committed to come back or he knows he’s going to be traded? LOL. Social media...enough said.

I think I have never used more than one LOL in the same year. 2018 already breaking some records.

Somebody actually said that, LOL!

Yes dude, but you are forgetting the Dolphins made the playoffs with Tannehill under center. Look, I'm not necessarily a Tannehill fan, but let's give the guy some more positive credit.

I think Matt Moore was under center when we made the playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom