Ryan Tannehill | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill

Any complaints about Tannehill's performance specifically about today - and that includes passive aggressive type left-handed "compliments," will be put on a 2 week "Myopic Hating Drooler" Ignore from me followed by a 2 week probationary period.

Anyone else feel like Gase holds back with him? I mean... the guy looks good throwing the ball downfield and I feel like even with seeing that, Gase still continues to call dink and dunk WR screens or short attempts to the RB out of the backfield.

It has been said on this chat but I'll say it again. When Gase called plays such as the Stills TD and the last drive of the first half (that was blown by the refs) where Tanny was throwing the ball all over the field at 10+ yards per attempt.... he looked awesome.

I am hoping Gase can let this offense flourish and let Tanny shine by allowing the guy to throw. PLEASE!

RT is awesome. I just don't see why people find it hard to give the man his damn props.
BTW, this counts as a 4th QTR comeback. Put it in the books!!
What a weird post. I think you'll find that most people who are critical of him, me included gave him "props" for today, not sure what you expect man, everyone to go back to their previous criticism of him and say they were wrong because today's performances nullifies all other performances. We won and he was a huge part of it, drink it in and enjoy it.

Anyone else feel like Gase holds back with him? I mean... the guy looks good throwing the ball downfield and I feel like even with seeing that, Gase still continues to call dink and dunk WR screens or short attempts to the RB out of the backfield.

It has been said on this chat but I'll say it again. When Gase called plays such as the Stills TD and the last drive of the first half (that was blown by the refs) where Tanny was throwing the ball all over the field at 10+ yards per attempt.... he looked awesome.

I am hoping Gase can let this offense flourish and let Tanny shine by allowing the guy to throw. PLEASE!

In a strange way you have a point. Whether it's a trust thing or not I'm not sure. Tannehill has proven so far this season that there is nothing wrong with his deep ball and general ball placement. But at the same time, you've really got to give Gase the biggest credit for the win today, his igneous plays were huge and without them we would have been handily beaten. Gase needs to keep feeding the quick long throws, where Tannehill seems to be excelling at though as all the end a rounds and trick plays won't work every week.

What a weird post. I think you'll find that most people who are critical of him, me included gave him "props" for today, not sure what you expect man, everyone to go back to their previous criticism of him and say they were wrong because today's performances nullifies all other performances. We won and he was a huge part of it, drink it in and enjoy it.

You know, it would be simple if people simply criticized past performances (when he deserves it). That's not what happens though. We are told repeatedly that Tannehill can't do it and will never be able to do it. People bring up performances from 2012 and 2013 to counter comments about his play more recently. Seriously, that's what happens.

Great game by Tannehill.

Yeah, but he got a lot of passes knocked down in his first game in 2012......

(this is only a slight exaggeration)

Tannehill was great, only 1 miss to Stills on the end zone but otherwise he was great. Dropped a dime to Stills for the first TD. That's becoming a staple, Stills deep
oh yeah. And i wonder If Parker might’ve been able to get that one with his size ....

Also curious if anyone recalls — a (3rd) and long play where Parker didn’t come down with it, it looked like the db had his arm? But i couldn’t tell

Is the reason you quoted his post because you felt called out??

But i would say the reason for Superself’s post was because some people feel the need to still make backhanded compliments when a hell of a game was played .... with no running game but the qb

Dude made some IMPRESSIVE throws -- his arm is SO underrated. The TD strike deep to Stills was basically perfect!

Give the dude some time/space to launch the pig and watch out baby!

Good news is we're still getting our proverbial $hit together on O but I'm totally digging on the complimentary talent we've pulled together.

Gotta give Gase some serious cred on that!

Keep it UP baby!

I had a poster say that "any" Qb in the league could have made that throw. Lol....

Not at all! This Oakland Dline is one you have time to throw against and Tannehill had time for a good number of passes.

The only bad throw he made all day was the first drive where it was nearly picked. He was pretty much flawless after that. I didn't see the Stills overthrow, I was busy getting $8.50 nachos in the 300 level concourse.

The only bad throw he made all day was the first drive where it was nearly picked. He was pretty much flawless after that. I didn't see the Stills overthrow, I was busy getting $8.50 nachos in the 300 level concourse.

I thought the throw to Stills in the endzone was a good enough throw in the situation, rather than a miss, the ball was there and catchable - sometimes it just doesn't work out

messed up my initial post trying to edit, hopefully this doesn't go through twice... on the TV replay it didn't look like he over threw him by more than a step or 2 and just slightly high. have to have that throw but it was very close imo

Back
Top Bottom