Ryan Tannehill | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill

He’s done everything we could want and then some.

I find the arguments about him mind numbingly boring, and at this point, just disingenuous.

He’s got accuracy, arm strength, leadership, a deep ball, running talent, and toughness. From the outside it looks like his teammates are with him.

He rarely dials up a 400 yard or 4 TD game, but he’s become a very good game manager. And that is not a backhanded compliment. Tom Brady is a game manager. Has always been. Same w Montana. Game managers win SBs. Ryan is developing into a complete QB - it’s more the situational play that’s been impressive to me.

What a weird post. I think you'll find that most people who are critical of him, me included gave him "props" for today, not sure what you expect man, everyone to go back to their previous criticism of him and say they were wrong because today's performances nullifies all other performances. We won and he was a huge part of it, drink it in and enjoy it.

Weird post? LOL, it sure got under your skin huh?
Don't act like RT haters don't begrudge giving him his props. Many won't even come on here today after trashing RT in over 10 pages worth of criticism, defending a lesser QB on another team and making a BS case that RT is a bottom ranked QB.

The Raiders entered the game ranked a respectable 11th in the league against the pass, but Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill enjoyed a successful home outing by completing 17 of 23 passes (73.9 completion percentage) for 289 yards and three touchdowns with no interceptions. Tannehill effectively spread the ball around and connected with eight different receivers en route to a 155.3 passer rating.
https://tinyurl.com/y733jpe4

I hate the comment that his stats were padded. It happens when you have effective recievers yhatbcsn ball after the catch... never heard that **** when the marks bros we’re making plays for Dan
Not his biggest fan, and his stats are ridiculously padded today but was a big part of the win today pass to Stills for the TD and the 40 yarder to Parker reaffirming his dramatic improvement at throwing the ball deep. Secret is to get him in situations where he can get that ball out fast and doesn't need to think too much, IMO that's when he gets into trouble. Ball security compared to Carr was a huge thing today. Best game of the season for him. I'm going with Average, Poor and Good over the first three, with 3 wins no one can really complain.

He rarely dials up a 400 yard or 4 TD game, but he’s become a very good game manager. And that is not a backhanded compliment. Tom Brady is a game manager. Has always been. Same w Montana. Game managers win SBs. Ryan is developing into a complete QB - it’s more the situational play that’s been impressive to me.
Brady, and Montana were game managers.

You can learn a lot here folks.

Played great, was the teams leading rusher as well lol.

He’s always been a good quarterback. Now he finally has a Head Coach and team that believes in him and they’re playing their asses off.

Miami doesn’t have “named” stars, yet cause X and Minkah will be soon there, but they are just playing great for their role. Keep it up Miami.

They were / are indeed. Game managers can have arm talent and sling it too. Game managers play smart, don’t turn the ball over, don’t put your teams in bad spots, always keeping you in the game. They make plays when they have to be made - be it w their arm or legs. Bob Greise was a game manager QB. Star, Flacco, etc. In fact Elway won his SBs playing more cerebraly and as a game manager. Marino as much as I loved him wasn’t great at managing a complete game because we couldn’t run the 4 minute offense to close out a game. Point I’m trying to make is Tannehill can win you a title.

oh yeah. And i wonder If Parker might’ve been able to get that one with his size ....

Also curious if anyone recalls — a (3rd) and long play where Parker didn’t come down with it, it looked like the db had his arm? But i couldn’t tell

yeah, that post play? that was a great pass but also great coverage. He stuck his arm in right at the perfect time- it wasnt THill or Parker fault- just great D.

Not sure how anybody could hate RT. Great kid, works his *** off, improves every year, he's killing it right now.
Maybe envious of his wife? :shrug: Only thing I can think of.

it's the kid. that damn son is too cute! life isnt fAir! :)

Weird post? LOL, it sure got under your skin huh?
Don't act like RT haters don't begrudge giving him his props. Many won't even come on here today after trashing RT in over 10 pages worth of criticism, defending a lesser QB on another team and making a BS case that RT is a bottom ranked QB.

It's just a weird post dude, really under my skin, oh noes what am I going to do. FFS get a life.

Put another fourth quarter come back on the resume.

Team win but our QB did his part for sure. The throws to Stills and Parker were outstanding.
I loved the creative play calling in the fourth by Gase. Tired defenses can't keep up with our speed dudes :good:

Brady absolutely was a game manager from 2001 to 2006. Then he got Moss and started throwing it to him in triple coverage and turned into a different QB. He's been great from that point forth in my opinion. Before 2007, he won games because he had a great defense, a running game, great coaching, and a kicker that just wouldn't miss. He would dink and dunk you to death. It used to drive me nuts. He morphed into a QB that could beat you consistently with his arm.

I'm not sure I ever considered Montana a game manager but he definitely was clutch and also benefited from great defenses, a running game, and great coaching.

It's hard for me to call guys like Montana or Brady (early in his career) the "best of all time" for that very reason. Their lives have been made so much easier because of the teams around them. I assure you that just removing Vinatieri from the Patriots would've resulted in less Super Bowl wins and appearances!! Meanwhile Marino, Manning, or Rodgers consistently put up great numbers on terrible teams and kept them in contention.

Just imagine Marino with a great defense, strong running game, and clutch kicking on a yearly basis.

Back
Top Bottom