Ryan Tannehill | Page 58 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill

If Tannehill plays 14 plus games and finishes with an 80 qbr I will pour gasoline on myself and light myself on fire.

And don’t anyone tell me qbr doesn’t matter it’s an efficiency rating. Be all tell all no but efficiency within the offense ask rating.
ummm...Cutlers QBR last year was 45. Tannehills this year is 34...

One thing I do think Tannehill has shown improvement with is I definitely think he not only knows the offense better but knows where his dump option is more efficiently.

That knowing where his dump option is may have gotten us in trouble on the bounced off smythes helmet int but it should pay dividends over the long haul.

He can save plays that way by knowing exactly where his get out of jail free is.

That must be some espn trash rating.
Oh you mean that stat that high lights Tannehills trash ability on 3rd down and in the redzone? you mean the stat that high lights Tannehills turnovers in the redzone or in your own territory as worse than turnovers at midfield....yeaaaaa. ESPNs QBR takes away the ability to get empty stats, no compiling, and that is Tannehills nightmare.

Tanny is elite at the deep ball, if your talking about the intermediate game then I agree.
Elite? Cue up the stats on passes longer than 30 yards. If this is the case then let’s go deep every play.

It’s also like saying a point guard is elite at shooting the 3. Great. Now can you make your teammates better?

Where have you been? I see you changed your avatar up....Ryan Tannehills biggest fan. Please stick around. I told you last year by the end of this year it'd be pretty obvious....don't disappear on me bro.

It will be ok though, you can still keep your Tannehill shrine in your moms basement in buffalo even after he's a backup.
This is pure comedy. Love it.

He only appears in this thread. Hundreds of times. Because it’s titled RYAN TANNEHILL. Easy to find and all. I’m starting to think it’s a relative of RT.

Oh you mean that stat that high lights Tannehills trash ability on 3rd down and in the redzone? you mean the stat that high lights Tannehills turnovers in the redzone or in your own territory as worse than turnovers at midfield....yeaaaaa. ESPNs QBR takes away the ability to get empty stats, no compiling, and that is Tannehills nightmare.
Look man. First off in this mega thread the rules are clear. Don’t go posting any stats that counter the stats by the two tannebelievers left on the planet. Certainly not some sort of fancy sabermetric that no one with even rudimentary math skills could comprehend.

You need to use stats that draw comparisons of RT to guys like Luck and Dalton. Sometimes even Brady and Brees. No one wants to read that Cutler was actually outperforming RT, are you serious here?

Also keep in mind any stat comparisons have to be over partial bodies of work such as sections of seasons or even early in their careers.

I wonder if we could sucker the Giants to trade their first rounder for Tannehill next season. Eli is truly cooked.
Eil been cooked the last 3 years now, the gm should be sued for malpractice for not drafting a QB when Eli is 37 years old.

I mean we are averaging 194 yards passing....that might be worse than Cutler’s corpse
Cutler averaged like 5.0 yards a throw last year,Cutler wanted to come back, if he was any good he'd still have a job now.

I've said the QBR is a tool we can use in the past, but seeing that just made me realize it's totally useless.

It’s espns model I’m sure which like the channel on anything other than a actual game broadcast is... utterly useless.

Not that he wasn’t bad but this offensive line has been worse along with the play calling. Save for some of the young talent on defense, blow the whole **** pile up save for a turn a round

Elite? Cue up the stats on passes longer than 30 yards. If this is the case then let’s go deep every play.

It’s also like saying a point guard is elite at shooting the 3. Great. Now can you make your teammates better?

Yes elite 2015-2016 Tannehill's deep ball were dimes our wrs almost never made any crazy body adj when tracking, and the trajectory never had too much air under it. I watch a fair bit of football and his conversion rate on the deep ball is top notch. I'm not crazy about Tanny due to his lack of pocket maneuverability and the lack of stick throws in the intermediate game, which should be the bread and butter of an elite QB but his deep ball is elite we just don't throw it enough to impact games.

https://brickwallblitz.com/2017/03/26/the-2016-17-deep-ball-project-part-33/
Accuracy Percentage On 16+ Throws: 64.1% (4th)
Accuracy Percentage on 20+ Throws: 61.0% (2nd)

The progression of Ryan Tannehill has been wonderful to watch for those who look deeper. In the last two seasons, his deep ball has become one of the league’s best, so it should be no surprise he’s become a downfield master under Adam Gase.

With better defined routes, Tannehill’s accuracy soared. His overall accuracy of 64.1% was 4th in 2016, and his accuracy on throws of 20+ was 61.0%, The 2nd highest (only behind Derek Carr).

Despite suffering from some receiver drops, Tannehill’s accuracy and placement were astonishingly good. We’re talking throws that rival the ones Aaron Rodgers makes on a daily basis!

Ryan Tannehill is a really good quarterback, and though his deep passing lacks quantity, it easily makes up for it in quality. Dolphins fans should be highly pleased with the results their quarterback is producing, and in 2016 his downfield passing was one of the year’s absolute best.

Only thing I’m noticing is that his pivot doesn’t look as clean to me as it did pre injury.

Arm looks fine except for when he’s hit in his throwing motion which is to be expected. Leads to overthrows when you can’t step through or are on your back foot.

When he has time and can finish his motion and set his feet everything mechanics and placement wise looks quality. Just would like to see that pivot to progressions to square his shoulders up a little more clean.
Yo breh we are all just dying for RT to pivot to progressions to square his shoulders up a little more clean. I mean I was mumbling that to myself like Sling Blade all last Sunday during the Cincy game until I was hauled out in a straight jacket.

Unfortunately the only pivoting we will see from RT is his eventual pivot out of South Florida.

Back
Top Bottom