Ryan Tannehill | Page 59 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahashahahahaha!! a first rounder?!? hahahahahahahahaa

There is only one group of people in the NFL that thinks Tannehill is good, and that is half of the Dolphins fan base. Everyone else knows hes not good.
Half of the fan base does not think he’s good. Not even close.

If Tannehill plays 14 plus games and finishes with an 80 qbr I will pour gasoline on myself and light myself on fire.

And don’t anyone tell me qbr doesn’t matter it’s an efficiency rating. Be all tell all no but efficiency within the offense ask rating.
YouTube event? :munch::nah:

Efficiency means nothing if it does not translate into scores.
A QB with 15-20-200 yards with 1 TD and 0 INTs has a slightly higher QBR than a QB with 15-20-200 yards and 4TDs and 2INTs. Guess which QB most likely carried his team to victory?

I disagree completely, he's very inconsistent at the deep ball, he can throw the odd pearl but misses a lot, look at the tape for the last couple of games and you really can't argue. I think he has improved though, compared to other QBs prior to this season I would have ranked him as poor on the deep ball, this year having hit 2 or 3, I personally rate him as average/good, I would say it's moved from a major concern to one of the few things I'm not to worried about with him. If you class that as elite, then I guess we have different scales.

C'mon bro your cherry picking games to fit your argument, I could do the same and say look at the dimes he threw to Dvp and Stills in the Oakland game. You need a bigger sample size then the couple games he had to throw to midgets. My sample size is a whole season backed with advanced stats.

https://brickwallblitz.com/2017/03/26/the-2016-17-deep-ball-project-part-33/
Accuracy Percentage On 16+ Throws: 64.1% (4th)
Accuracy Percentage on 20+ Throws: 61.0% (2nd)

If Tannehill plays 14 plus games and finishes with an 80 qbr I will pour gasoline on myself and light myself on fire.

And don’t anyone tell me qbr doesn’t matter it’s an efficiency rating. Be all tell all no but efficiency within the offense ask rating.
Ummmmm.....the last time a quarterback had an 80 QBR for a season was back in 2011 when Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees did it. You aren't exactly going out on a limb. I mean, Jesus, Tom Brady hasn't had an 80 QBR season since 2007.

Oh you mean that stat that high lights Tannehills trash ability on 3rd down and in the redzone? you mean the stat that high lights Tannehills turnovers in the redzone or in your own territory as worse than turnovers at midfield....yeaaaaa. ESPNs QBR takes away the ability to get empty stats, no compiling, and that is Tannehills nightmare.
For what it's worth the simple QBR calculation has Cutler last year at 67.5 and Tannehill this year at 74. Not much difference.
NFL.com has Tannehill at 80 and Cutler last year at 92.

Pick your poison. Lol

Oh I so hate stats.

Last edited:
C'mon bro your cherry picking games to fit your argument, I could do the same and say look at the dimes he threw to Dvp and Stills in the Oakland game. You need a bigger sample size then the couple games he had to throw to midgets. My sample size is a whole season backed with advanced stats.

https://brickwallblitz.com/2017/03/26/the-2016-17-deep-ball-project-part-33/
Accuracy Percentage On 16+ Throws: 64.1% (4th)
Accuracy Percentage on 20+ Throws: 61.0% (2nd)
Problem to me seems that the brickwallblitz stats aren't completion percentage.....they are calling it an 'accuracy' rating and rewarding quarterbacks for passes that they are calling 'accurate' but not caught. That's not it works. Every completion is not an accurate throw and how 'accurate' an incompletion is in the eye of the beholder. Tannehill actual completion percentage on throws of 20+ yards in 2016 was right at 40%. What's worse is that on throws between 11 and 20 yards, he completed only 50% (44 of 88) and throw 6 interceptions.

For what it's worth the simple QBR calculation has Cutler last year at 67.5 and Tannehill this year at 74. Not much difference.
NFL.com has Tannehill at 80 and Cutler last year at 92.

Pick your poison. Lol

Oh I so hate stats.
I'm not sure where people are getting their QBR calculations from. ESPN has Tannehill at 37.5. Cutler was at 43.5 last year. I'm not finding QBR at NFL.com....only passer rating.

Problem to me seems that the brickwallblitz stats aren't completion percentage.....they are calling it an 'accuracy' rating and rewarding quarterbacks for passes that they are calling 'accurate' but not caught. That's not it works. Every completion is not an accurate throw and how 'accurate' an incompletion is in the eye of the beholder. Tannehill actual completion percentage on throws of 20+ yards in 2016 was right at 40%. What's worse is that on throws between 11 and 20 yards, he completed only 50% (44 of 88) and throw 6 interceptions.

Are you trying to imply that the ppl grading the film are Tannehill fanboys and are skewing the stats to make him look good ? Of course drops shouldn't be marked against the QB and they definitely should be awarded for passes thrown accurately. SMH u dropped some stats without putting them in context to make him look bad, it gonna be in comparison to the rest of the QBs in the league so we can get idea of what's the standard. So even if we include drops lets see how he did compared to the other Qbs

Alex Smith 16+yards 20 of 56 35%, 20+yards 14 of 42 33%
Matthew Stafford 16+yards 32 of 85 37%, 20+yards 23 of 56 41%
Drew Brees 16+yards 51 of 97 53% 20+yards 30 of 64 47%
Carson Wentz 16+yards 32 of 85 38% 20+yards 18 of 61 29%
Aaron Rodgers 16+yards 46 of 111 41% 20+yards 28 of 74 38%
Ryan Tannehill 16+yards 25 of 53% 20+yards 18 of 41 44%

Stats still show he's accurate at the deep ball.

Stats are not for winners, that's what the scoreboard is for.

100%. Let's eveluate based on wins and losses right?

Btw, I'm not an RT fan boy. I think he is an average to above average starter who, with help or on his day can produce some great results.

Well, RT is 3-2 this season. That puts him in with 12 other QBs and tied for the 4th best record.

I know, I know, last 2 games have been awful and God only knows where the season will go, but I'm happy to wait and find out, even if my gut feels 'queasy'

He hasn’t done well in any of the games this season. They won 3 because it’s a team sport and they played below average teams. (TN has since played better and should be slightly better than MIA record wise). I’m not a RT hater, but he hasn’t put up significant yards or points by his doing. Oline is probably the biggest reason for that. Play calling and not having any dominate WRs are key issues too. He’s part of the problem, but people try make it about any one player and it’s just not that with Miami. You people get so high on them when they win and so low when they lose. As if a win makes then a Super Bowl contender and a loss has them in the running for the 1st overall pick.

Idk how anyone can defend Tannehill after the last 2 games. He missed so many open guys last week

I think Tannehills worst trait is that he absolutely FOLDS once the game momentum is not on his side. As soon as Cincy had the momentum at 17-10 last week I knew we were done. Foxboro he might as well not even have got off the plane. I don’t even think he believes he’s an NFL QB as much as some of you guys do

He hasn’t done well in any of the games this season. They won 3 because it’s a team sport and they played below average teams. (TN has since played better and should be slightly better than MIA record wise). I’m not a RT hater, but he hasn’t put up significant yards or points by his doing. Oline is probably the biggest reason for that. Play calling and not having any dominate WRs are key issues too. He’s part of the problem, but people try make it about any one player and it’s just not that with Miami. You people get so high on them when they win and so low when they lose. As if a win makes then a Super Bowl contender and a loss has them in the running for the 1st overall pick.
Everyone is not getting high on him after wins. Many of us can see the reasons for the wins and the lack of productivity by the RT led offense in those wins.

Back
Top Bottom